Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hurricane Michael
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hurricane Michael is about to make land fall in Florida. I dont ever watch the news anymore so I don't know a lot of details about this storm. Don't we have at least one BGR member living in Florida? I think his name is Black Panther. He transferred down there with CSX. Hopefully, he is out of harms way.
He is. He's in Jacksonville.

My grand daughter is set to get married on the beach at Destin in 2 1/2 weeks. She's just hoping there's a beach left!!
Looks like it's going to be a strong storm but will move a lot faster than Florence.
It's supposed to go right through here as a tropical storm with 50 mph winds, according to the latest forecast, Thursday night/ Friday morning. Lots of debris still around.
Panther Nation is the BGR member's name.
Jarons Wrote:Looks like it's going to be a strong storm but will move a lot faster than Florence.
It's supposed to go right through here as a tropical storm with 50 mph winds, according to the latest forecast, Thursday night/ Friday morning. Lots of debris still around.

Jarons, how has your cleanup come along? Do you feeling living with the threat of hurricanes is worth living so close to the ocean?
Westside Wrote:Jarons, how has your cleanup come along? Do you feeling living with the threat of hurricanes is worth living so close to the ocean?

We have all of our brush and the remains of our fence cleaned up. They are all now sitting in our front yard waiting for the collector to take it all. The clean up of the brush is not supposed to be complete until December.
I don't mind it. Tropical storms are usually not that bad and hurricanes are so infrequent that it's not that troublesome.
We probably have floods more that you guys have hurricanes. There's always something no matter where you live.
I saw where Panther Nation posted in the football forum yesterday. I guess he didñt make down here.
He shouldn't have been effected but for some rain. He needs to move back to Barbourville!!
Granny Bear Wrote:He is. He's in Jacksonville.

My grand daughter is set to get married on the beach at Destin in 2 1/2 weeks. She's just hoping there's a beach left!!

This hurricane ended up worse than I thought it would be. Granny Bear, how hard was Destin hit?