Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: "All A" Bath County 4 Hazard 3 in 8 innings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Wildcats got a great effort from starter Joe Meehan tonight going the distance. Hazard's lead off is a heck of a stick!! Good luck Wildcats at Applebees Park. :Thumbs:
Congrats to Bath Co.
Wow, Hazard must have lost all of their energy against Perry. Nice win for Bath.
Someone tell me...how did this happen?
9 out of 10 games Hazard wins....Bath just came out ready to play and Hazard didnt (as bad as Hazard played they should've won but baseball is a funny sport and this game proved it)
Are you serious about Hazard winning 9 out of 10? That's a joke. Unless Hazard did not pitch their #one or #two starters, from what I saw, Hazard may split the 10. Bath County blew two definite scoring opportunities by getting picked off! Other wise the game would have been over in the seventh. I am definitely not taking anything from Hazard they have a solid club especially at the plate. They also seemed to be very well coached. Good luck to Hazard on the rest of the season.
Hazard had them beat but a bad call from the 1st base ump cost them the game, but goodjob Bath Co.
Bad game? Neither team played a bad game! This was one of the best high school baseball games I have ever seen. There were only 3 errors combined from both teams. Both teams played great defense, both pitchers stepped up when they had to, Hazard came back in the 7th to tie it up to send it to extra innings. The only mistake Hazard made lost the game (the past-ball by the catcher and the runner scored from 3rd). Both pitchers went the distance. Great game.
Hazard did not hit well but one of the biggest reasons this was a close game was because of the field. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE MAKE EXCUSES, but that field was not fit for baseball. How many times did the ball just die in the infield because of the high grass? I mean HIGH GRASS. Bath County struck out more and hit more fly balls than Hazard but the Dogs hit the ball on the ground. The HIGH GRASS soaked it up and literally the ball stopped rolling on a couple of occasions. The dandelions were 6 inches tall in front of first base and the outfield was thick also. If these teams play 20 times, Hazard wins 19 of them but Hazard overlooked Bath County going into the game because of their record. Bad mistake. Bath won it because Hazard did not come ready to play...they had already punched their ticket to Applebee's when they found out they would not be playing Raceland or Fairview.