Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Bath County @ Fleming County 10/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huge district game for both teams. Winner isn’t guaranteed a home playoff game. For Bath a win Friday night sets up a district championship game against Russell next Friday night at home. For Fleming, a win avoids them a trip to Louisville for the 1st round against either Centeal or Waggner
Winner is guaranteed a home playoff game, my apologies on the original thread post.
All depends on which team Poynter brings.... Wildcat to Swartz every play Fleming 30 -12. Or Leach fire away, Bath wins 42-12.
Slingblade Wrote:All depends on which team Poynter brings.... Wildcat to Swartz every play Fleming 30 -12. Or Leach fire away, Bath wins 42-12.

Oh my gosh that’s hilarious. You’ve really not watched them play if you think them throwing is a way for them to win.
Slingblade Wrote:All depends on which team Poynter brings.... Wildcat to Swartz every play Fleming 30 -12. Or Leach fire away, Bath wins 42-12.

So if my math is right if BOTH show up Bath County wins 54-42. I’ll take that.
KYHSFB Wrote:Oh my gosh that’s hilarious. You’ve really not watched them play if you think them throwing is a way for them to win.

Yes sir,,, they have the best running back in the state so if they can give him the slightest edge he will burn their hinney on the other side.
Slingblade Wrote:Yes sir,,, they have the best running back in the state so if they can give him the slightest edge he will burn their hinney on the other side.

Best RB in the state is probably not a good statement, he’s good but I don’t even know if he’s the best back in EKY. I’d take Skidmore from Powell, Cline from West Carter, Pittman from Ashland, Jackson from Johnson Central, and Halstead from Greenup over him. That’s just off the top of my head.
KYHSFB Wrote:Best RB in the state is probably not a good statement, he’s good but I don’t even know if he’s the best back in EKY. I’d take Skidmore from Powell, Cline from West Carter, Pittman from Ashland, Jackson from Johnson Central, and Halstead from Greenup over him. That’s just off the top of my head.

You left out both Lacks and Adkins from Raceland, Applegate from Lewis County, and West from Lawrence County. All great running backs and players in general. Can’t take anything away from any of them as they could play for any team around but Swartz leads all mentioned in rushing yards, average per game, and TD’s....but it’s no surprise that you would take all of them over Swartz.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:You left out both Lacks and Adkins from Raceland, Applegate from Lewis County, and West from Lawrence County. All great running backs and players in general. Can’t take anything away from any of them as they could play for any team around but Swartz leads all mentioned in rushing yards, average per game, and TD’s....but it’s no surprise that you would take all of them over Swartz.
Make no mistake, Swartz is a good back, But let's be realistic. Swartz is 95% of Bath's offense. Some of the backs on the teams mentioned above don't have to depend on one guy to carry the load. I'm sure they could have more rushing yards if their teams were one-dimensional.

Bath by 2 TD's.
I'll take Bath County.
Slic Ric Wrote:Make no mistake, Swartz is a good back, But let's be realistic. Swartz is 95% of Bath's offense. Some of the backs on the teams mentioned above don't have to depend on one guy to carry the load. I'm sure they could have more rushing yards if their teams were one-dimensional.

Bath by 2 TD's.

True Bath County is, by the numbers, an 80% run to 20% pass team but Swartz has accounted for less than 60% of the offensive yardage and only 50% of the scoring per KHSAA. I thought to numbers were a little higher also but others have quietly been doing their share as well.

Skidmore's percentages are very similar at Powell, but Sammons at Greenup, Ratliff for Ashland, and Rivers for West Carter shoulder the majority of the load for those teams.
Fleming co by 6
If Bath runs the offense they did last week it could be a long night for the panthers, (yes I know last week was against Lewis county). Plus I don’t know if Fleming’s O line can get enough of a push to open up holes against Bath’s front 7.
Bath 42
Fleming 7
I like bath County, I like beer and I like Joe Biden :Cheerlead

Bath County 42
Fleming County 21
Fleming County has the home field advantage. Going with the panthers on this one by a touchdown.
This should be an interesting game.

I'll say:
Fleming County 35

Bath County 28