Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 43 Estill County 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I soley blame this loss on Mike Jones no way in hell do you go for it 4&2 on your own 15 with 8 minutes to go down a touchdown time for a change in Irvine get that slow down offense out of there and get something exciting in there. Geez
Congrats to Powell County.
Looks like the game was decided by slightly more than 1 play. But I wasn’t there.
Slingblade Wrote:Looks like the game was decided by slightly more than 1 play. But I wasn’t there.

I was there. It was 30-22 Powell with about 8-9 minutes to play. Estill had the ball 4&2 from their 15 they decide to go for it and they get stuffed. 2 plays later Powell is in the end zone. Powell also scored on another turnover on downs
at the Estill 40-35 . I don't agree with the call. I thought a punt should have been made but that's just me. I like Jones think the world of him and I stand behind him 100%

It was a great game until the 4&2 stop.
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:I soley blame this loss on Mike Jones no way in hell do you go for it 4&2 on your own 15 with 8 minutes to go down a touchdown time for a change in Irvine get that slow down offense out of there and get something exciting in there. Geez

I think your a moron. Why would you want Jones gone? So what if he has a run oriented offense? It works. Look at the accomplishments he's accomplished. Either get on board or go cheer for someone else.
Closer game than many (including myself) imagined. Great job to both teams on a hard fought football game
Good game by both teams
Estill can play solid ball for 3 quarters they did it against breathitt and Powell both but late in the game they hit a stump or something this was a hard fought win for powell no doubt. they capitalized on the end mistakes of estill good job to them.
How long has this coach been at the Estill County? What is his record compared to, others that came before? The point I am making is the grass is, not always greener and making a change may make things worse.
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:I soley blame this loss on Mike Jones no way in hell do you go for it 4&2 on your own 15 with 8 minutes to go down a touchdown time for a change in Irvine get that slow down offense out of there and get something exciting in there. Geez

Get out of here with that nonsense. Jones and his coaching staff do a wonderful job with the young men they have.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:How long has this coach been at the Estill County? What is his record compared to, others that came before? The point I am making is the grass is, not always greener and making a change may make things worse.
Been there as a HC one year.
PHSForever Wrote:Been there as a HC one year.
Been longer than that. I remember him coaching his track star of a son, and that was around 2015.
Jones has been at Estill since like 2002-2003
Heard Dudley was home shopping.