Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The best hit you have EVER seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what is the best hit that you have ever seen..real life, highschool, college, nfl, whatever
Jack Tatum of the Oakland Raiders under John Madden in the 1970's is the meanest man ever to play in a defensive backfield. His nickname was "The Assassin". He was fined more than any other player of that era due to his extreme intent to injure players on the opposing teams. He played at Ohio State under Woody Hayes. When The Assassin hit you were lucky if you walked away.
I think the kids name was Bobby Collins from SV on a kickoff, hit a kid from Elkhorn City in the Pike county [email=bowl@Pike]bowl@Pike[/email] Central several yrs back!! AWESOME!!
The hit Steve Atwater of the Denver Broncos put on Christian "the Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Okoye was a one-man wrecking machine until after that hit. He was never the same again.
I'm just gonna stick with hits that occured in HS, we see hard hits every game in college and NFL, not too much in HS.

Ryan Brown's crack back on a player from Berea our senior year (03').
Justin Arms' hit on the boy from WV in the Hatfield/McCoy game our senior year.
Josh Wills drilled a guy from Estill Co. The guy did'nt even know where he was @.Seth Harvey had to hold the guy up.It happened near the Russell sidelines in 2006.
i think Whitesburg as a team was the hardest hitting team i ever played against. but the hardest hit i ever seen was UK hosted East Tennessee State and ESU kicked off and the UK returner got clobbered took 20 minutes to get him off field.
Never saw this one live but I did see it on gamefilm. 1987 1a state title game. Chris Mcnamee comes across the field in a dead sprint and absolutely NAILS this kid from Rusellville who caugth a pass. Coach Howard said that blood went everywhere and it was the hardest hit he himself had ever seen in a HS game.
Bo Jackson trucking "The Boz", not sure of the name but this past season the hit a guy from USC put on UCLA's QB. Those are two that stick out in my head right now. I believe Tatum hit a guy vs. Pittsburg that caused a ball to go flying, which ultimately led to Franco Harris making the "Immaculate Reception." That was a pretty solid hit even though the outcome of the play was not one of my liking.
Advance Eagles Wrote:Josh Wills drilled a guy from Estill Co. The guy didn't even know where he was @.Seth Harvey had to hold the guy up.It happened near the Russell sidelines in 2006.

That was Cameron Allie and it was one of the most vicious hits i have seen in High School football.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Never saw this one live but I did see it on gamefilm. 1987 1a state title game. Chris Mcnamee comes across the field in a dead sprint and absolutely NAILS this kid from Rusellville who caugth a pass. Coach Howard said that blood went everywhere and it was the hardest hit he himself had ever seen in a HS game.
Chris Mcnamee was a hitting machine best i ever played with.
I have game film of my son playing and I tell you it is one of the MEANEST hits I have ever seen. KNocked the kid 5 yards and I am trying to get it to save on my PC. Midee1 or FBALL can come watch the hit to verify it. I tell you it was absolutely nasty.Yea he may have been 9 at the time but I have seen alot of football and this one is nasty.
Also Tommy Brown as defensive back hitting the kid from West Carter 2 years ago at Russell when the kid went out for a pass and missed the ball. That one ranks up there too.
The Doug Howard stiff arm on the P'burg running back, not thinking good today, number 32. It was a classic stiff armed that leveled a strong kid, it was pretty crazy.
GRIZZ Wrote:Bo Jackson trucking "The Boz", not sure of the name but this past season the hit a guy from USC put on UCLA's QB. Those are two that stick out in my head right now. I believe Tatum hit a guy vs. Pittsburg that caused a ball to go flying, which ultimately led to Franco Harris making the "Immaculate Reception." That was a pretty solid hit even though the outcome of the play was not one of my liking.
Brian Bosworth maybe?
Belfry Wins Wrote:The Doug Howard stiff arm on the P'burg running back, not thinking good today, number 32. It was a classic stiff armed that leveled a strong kid, it was pretty crazy.
Howard's stiff arm was more like a judo punch. Wicked. Kasey Clark developed quite a stiff arm during his years at Russell.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Also Tommy Brown as defensive back hitting the kid from West Carter 2 years ago at Russell when the kid went out for a pass and missed the ball. That one ranks up there too.
Saw that one too! Massive! Then stood over him like a conquering warrior and walked away backwards keeping his eyes fixed on the victim.
DevilsWin Wrote:Brian Bosworth maybe?

Yes, I believe that hit in the King Dome was the beginning of the end for a very disappointing career. Had all the hype, just never lived up to the expectations. The players name I was unsure of was the guy from USC, I believe he was number 54 or something around there.
the hit JJ Buttrey from Whitesburg had on me in 1992 was pretty wicked too, lol..i was a RB and we ran the option...our qb was knocked off balance, then like the tossed the ball and i had to reach back to get it, when I did I heard this loud cannon go off in the left side of my helmet, then felt this incredible pressure in my brain, right directly in my ear hole where my head was once located. After I realized I was, in fact, still alive, I staggered up, felt to see if my helmet was still attached on top of my head, my eyes glazed and walked into the huddle and commenced to play the rest of the game with 1/2 the sense I had before that particular play. I knew that play would live in infamy, because I heard their home crowd go "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" before my hearing momentarily shut off. Then Monday morning, we watched the tape and it was labeled by our coach "ok, this is where Brandon gets f'n killed"..oh the good ol days, lol
probally the best hit that i have ever seen was in the 2006 usc/ucla game..ucla's qb was scrambling and was about to go out of bounds, and he was jogging out and usc lb #55 absolutley anialated him..it was amazing
does anyone remember when the guy from belfry laid out adam prater from pike central about 3 or 4 years ago? didn't it do something to his brain or something?
well this year in a jv high school football the middle linbacke for er hit a boy from belfry and destroyed his leg
champion24 Wrote:well this year in a jv high school football the middle linbacke for er hit a boy from belfry and destroyed his leg

That wasnt a BIG hit he only broke it cause of the way he landed on it. Wher daniel hit him in the leg and Brown just laid him out, he fell over daniel and broke his leg.
Chuck Bednarik leveling Frank Gifford was pretty devastating too..
when adam cannoy hit that kid from p-burg
warriorpride Wrote:That wasnt a BIG hit he only broke it cause of the way he landed on it. Wher daniel hit him in the leg and Brown just laid him out, he fell over daniel and broke his leg.

you dont know........................ daniel didnt even hit him it was all tyler
champion24 Wrote:you dont know........................ daniel didnt even hit him it was all tyler

Yea I know, Daniel hit in from behind and while tyler hit him he fell back and landed on his leg. Thats what broke it. But im sure one of the guys from Belfry who was at that game could enlighten us a bit on what they saw and how it happend.
another one of mine would be in the 2003 prestonsburg/paintsville game...nick jamerson absolutley leveled this kid..it split his helmet in two, and he had to go to the hospital
I cant believe that nobody has mentioned this one.

Fred Dean from Lawrence County delivered a knock out blow to the QB of Greenup County in 1995 ( I think? )

The QB from Greenup had his nose broke from the chinguard being rammed up, broken jaw, concussion and was knocked out cold for 5 minutes. This one takes the cake.:Thumbs:
Southwesterns Jordan Walters against Rockastle Co. '04 season. hands down one of the best high school hits I've seen.
prestonsburgs chayse martin layed a pretty good hit on kyle sublett during prestonsburg/paintsville game in 2006
Pages: 1 2 3