Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (17)Kentucky 24 South Carolina 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On to Texas A&M next week.
This was a great game. Well the 1st half was pure domination. The second half was the old complacent UK team and offensive coaching staff rearing it’s ugly head. I’m not gonna sit here and complain about a win, that’d be stupid, but Gran has a bad habit along with players of playing not to lose, instead of playing to win. A big difference to me between really good teams (UK) and a great team (Bama) is hold your foot on the gas until the game is in doubt. Winning like this is new to UK so i credit some of that to that, but Gran should know better. Had UK made halftime adjustments and played a full second half game on offense, no telling how big of a blowout this could be. I know i sound like I’m complaining but i assure you, i love this team, just playing complacent makes me nervous against SEC teams. Once again Josh Allen shows why he’s a 1st round pick, that guy is a straight beast. Kash getting ejected i didn’t agree with but it’s the rules, gonna miss him the first half of next week. But this defense is great and will only get better. Proud to be a wildcat fan right now that’s for sure. Texas A&M will be a different beast, but after watching Arkansas play with them today, I’m feeling a little better about it.
Man I’m glad we don’t pass on 3rd down in the 4th Quarter... with a lead... like that great ball coach down the road...
Great Game , Great atmosphere, Sec 207 a bunch of old sour puss people. Worst section i have ever set in.
CBS will have UK in its top 10 when released tomorrow according to Nation of Blue. That’s just awesome. And watch and see, there will be no love against A&M all week from Vegas, it may be time to take advantage of this and throw down some cash. Lol
It's a great time for Kentucky Football!! 5-0 for the first time since 2007, 3-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1950! The last QB to start 5-0 was Fran Curci!

Lots of great things happened last night and also some things reared their ugly heads again. The penalties were just absolutely stupid, That needs to be cleaned up!

Losing Kash last night sucked, but will hurt them even worse against a very good A&M team next week.

Kentucky never scored in the second half, but the Defense won that game for us. If Kentucky could ever develop the step on your throat mentality, they could be so much better. You cant go up 21 and let the gas off...we should\could have blown them out because we were clearly the better team.

Offensively, Eddie Gran just goes through mental lapses and plays too conservative, that burns me up. But I'm not here to complain. I love this team!
So much is good right now, I guess we can nitpick. And my biggest concern is that our field goal kicking, or lack of it from any distance, is gonna cost us at least one win later on. Back on the positive, our defense has taken three fairly highly thought of SEC quarterbacks and just rendered them almost totally ineffective. Only 33 points given up in three conference games. Can’t do much better.
Van Hagar Wrote:So much is good right now, I guess we can nitpick. And my biggest concern is that our field goal kicking, or lack of it from any distance, is gonna cost us at least one win later on. Back on the positive, our defense has taken three fairly highly thought of SEC quarterbacks and just rendered them almost totally ineffective. Only 33 points given up in three conference games. Can’t do much better.
This defense is just fun too watch. I said last night Stoops went the way of Saban for getting a kicker. I seen bama miss two yesterday from within 30 yds lol
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Great Game , Great atmosphere, Sec 207 a bunch of old sour puss people. Worst section i have ever set in.

Bunch of old season ticket holders?
A concern for UK defense in the first half next week is we will be without Kash Daniel for the first half because of the targeting penalty in this game.
Cats win 5-0 legit chance to win 10 or more games and play for SEC EAST. One game at a time and A&M is no easy place to play.
Beginning to believe in this bunch. Nice win
I've played Grove Street Party about twenty times since last night.....

I was at the game in 2014 when GSP 'tradition' started, every time I hear it, I have to bounce around.

Say what you want, but our Cats are 5-0!!!!!!!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've played Grove Street Party about twenty times since last night.....

I was at the game in 2014 when GSP 'tradition' started, every time I hear it, I have to bounce around.

Me and my wife was there as well. After the Florida game last year i would almost vomit every time i heard it lol . Then they played it when we was down to CMU to start the year. However i listened to it the entire 2.5 hours home the last 2 weeks after the late games .
Demarcus ware Wrote:CBS will have UK in its top 10 when released tomorrow according to Nation of Blue. That’s just awesome. And watch and see, there will be no love against A&M all week from Vegas, it may be time to take advantage of this and throw down some cash. Lol
I don't watch CBS anymore.

Van Hagar Wrote:So much is good right now, I guess we can nitpick. And my biggest concern is that our field goal kicking, or lack of it from any distance, is gonna cost us at least one win later on. Back on the positive, our defense has taken three fairly highly thought of SEC quarterbacks and just rendered them almost totally ineffective. Only 33 points given up in three conference games. Can’t do much better.
Me too!! Missing McGinnis this year!

Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've played Grove Street Party about twenty times since last night.....

I don't know what that is but making it a priority to find and listen to it today.

Granny Bear Wrote:I don't know what that is but making it a priority to find and listen to it today.

MAKE SURE YOU PLAY THE CLEAN VERSION!!!!!!

Grove Street Party is by Waka Flaka Flame.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't watch CBS anymore.

Me too!! Missing McGinnis this year!

I don't know what that is but making it a priority to find and listen to it today.

Granny that song is something else . You may never be the same lol