Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cabell Midland (WV)@Belfry Pirates 10/05/2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let’s Get This One Started, Should Be A Great Test For The Pirates...

Who Ya Got?

Predictions

Go Big Red....TongueirateSho
Pirates going to win in a close one. Going to be hard for Midland to contain the running backs of the Pirates
Belfry by 10+
Belfry’s defense still missing key pieces but getting better. DLine has to step up now.
Ivan Vaughn is the best player Belfry has seen this season.
This is going to be a test for the Pirates to see just exactly where and who we are! Cabell Midland is a solid team and play smash mouth football. But I think that the Pirates are starting to hit another gear and get healthy. I dont like predicting scores for the Pirates but I'm going to in this one. Belfry has to many weapons in the backfield and a nasty O-Line for the Knights to contain and keep out of the endzone and our defense is starting to play together and tackle as a team and the secondary has really looked good as of late. I think the Pirates get a statement win, 42-21.
AngryMob Wrote:Ivan Vaughn is the best player Belfry has seen this season.

no
AngryMob Wrote:Ivan Vaughn is the best player Belfry has seen this season.

I beg to differ. Don’t forget the couple kids from Huntington.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I beg to differ. Don’t forget the couple kids from Huntington.

Just wait til Friday you all will see. He is the most talented player Belfry will face all year regardless of position.
Belfry by 7.
CM by 7.
irishcard16 Wrote:Just wait til Friday you all will see. He is the most talented player Belfry will face all year regardless of position.

Well....he must be a high D-1 player if that’s the case. Because I know Huntington has 3 high level recruits at minimum
Ashland scrimmages Midland yearly. They are huge period across the board. Have a huge number of kids well over 100 and lots of D1 talent. No clue if any individual is better then the kid at Huntington but CM has a lineman signed to The Ohio State and have a few others signed to D1 programs. CM is better then Huntington as a team. If Belfry wins they will have earned it against most likely the best team on there schedule.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland scrimmages Midland yearly. They are huge period across the board. Have a huge number of kids well over 100 and lots of D1 talent. No clue if any individual is better then the kid at Huntington but CM has a lineman signed to The Ohio State and have a few others signed to D1 programs. CM is better then Huntington as a team. If Belfry wins they will have earned it against most likely the best team on there schedule.
I think the lineman you are referring to is at Spring Valley. I agree Vaughn is a pretty good running back but I look at this game as the game we will fix our interior D, and show everyone how good we really are. Nobody can stop our offense, our Oline simply punishes folks! Belfry 36- CM 14
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland scrimmages Midland yearly. They are huge period across the board. Have a huge number of kids well over 100 and lots of D1 talent. No clue if any individual is better then the kid at Huntington but CM has a lineman signed to The Ohio State and have a few others signed to D1 programs. CM is better then Huntington as a team. If Belfry wins they will have earned it against most likely the best team on there schedule.

Y’all may scrimmage them....but we’ve been playing them in he regular season for the last 3-4 years. It’s not like we’ve not seen them before. We know they’re good. We went to there place last year and won. I’m sure if’ll Be a great game. It has been most years.
Maxpreps really has CM ranked far behind Belfry nationally. If I am not mistaken the team Belfry lost to earlier was much more closely ranked to them according to Maxpreps. Not saying maxpreps is perfect as far as rankings go but it is a pretty good gauge this time of year of who is good and who is not as good.

CM 3710
Belfry 1792
Huntington 1078
Maxpreps national ranking
[quote=T-CATS]Ashland scrimmages Midland yearly. They are huge period across the board. Have a huge number of kids well over 100 and lots of D1 talent. No clue if any individual is better then the kid at Huntington but CM has a lineman signed to The Ohio State and have a few others signed to D1 programs. CM is better then Huntington as a team. If Belfry wins they will have earned it against most likely the best team on there schedule.[/. Belfry plays them for real not a scrimmage game and has for a few years. Glad they got a good back and lineman Belfry wouldn’t want any other way. Maybe next year Belfry may get to play the Tomcats or maybe they will cancel who knows
Disregard everything I said i thought it was Spring Valley not Midland. All my posts were on the Spring Valley team not Midland. Belfry wins l!!
T-CATS Wrote:Disregard everything I said i thought it was Spring Valley not Midland. All my posts were on the Spring Valley team not Midland. Belfry wins l!!

Your right T-CATS that’s a whole different animal
Patriot1 Wrote:[quote=T-CATS]Ashland scrimmages Midland yearly. They are huge period across the board. Have a huge number of kids well over 100 and lots of D1 talent. No clue if any individual is better then the kid at Huntington but CM has a lineman signed to The Ohio State and have a few others signed to D1 programs. CM is better then Huntington as a team. If Belfry wins they will have earned it against most likely the best team on there schedule.[/. Belfry plays them for real not a scrimmage game and has for a few years. Glad they got a good back and lineman Belfry wouldn’t want any other way. Maybe next year Belfry may get to play the Tomcats or maybe they will cancel who knows

Hahaha! That last line is hilarious! Lol
#55PirateFan Wrote:[quote=Patriot1]

Hahaha! That last line is hilarious! Lol

Thanks #55 PirateFan hope to get to see this one since Pikeville is on a bye week. Like to go to Phelps Thursday night and watch Hazard and Phelps
Vaughn is good, but we have played him two years in a row and contained him fairly well. BHS needs some competition in the worst way. Somebody who will force them to move the chains and actually drive for a score. I like BHS 42-14, but closer early in the game.
Patriot1 Wrote:[quote=T-CATS]Ashland scrimmages Midland yearly. They are huge period across the board. Have a huge number of kids well over 100 and lots of D1 talent. No clue if any individual is better then the kid at Huntington but CM has a lineman signed to The Ohio State and have a few others signed to D1 programs. CM is better then Huntington as a team. If Belfry wins they will have earned it against most likely the best team on there schedule.[/. Belfry plays them for real not a scrimmage game and has for a few years. Glad they got a good back and lineman Belfry wouldn’t want any other way. Maybe next year Belfry may get to play the Tomcats or maybe they will cancel who knows
Do you know what Belfrys record against Ashland is? It’s not pretty Ashland has owned Belfry! Ashland is 18-3 against them.
That may be true back in the day when Ashland had some very good teams, but in the last 20 years would not play Belfry and everyone knows why. The record would be very different but Tomcats would not play. Don’t won’t me to go to how they did when they had to play Belfry middle school. They don’t have to worry about Belfry this year but maybe next year. Better concentrate on Johnson Central and by the way what is your record against them
Patriot1 Wrote:That may be true back in the day when Ashland had some very good teams, but in the last 20 years would not play Belfry and everyone knows why. The record would be very different but Tomcats would not play. Don’t won’t me to go to how they did when they had to play Belfry middle school. They don’t have to worry about Belfry this year but maybe next year. Better concentrate on Johnson Central and by the way what is your record against them

^^^What he said!
Patriot1 Wrote:That may be true back in the day when Ashland had some very good teams, but in the last 20 years would not play Belfry and everyone knows why. The record would be very different but Tomcats would not play. Don’t won’t me to go to how they did when they had to play Belfry middle school. They don’t have to worry about Belfry this year but maybe next year. Better concentrate on Johnson Central and by the way what is your record against them
Actually we have played Belfry 4 times in the last 20 and won 3 of those 4 and not to good against Central won 7 lost 14.
That’s ok T-Cats Ashland has had a lot of good teams as Belfry has but this about Belfry and Midland. But you have to admit Ashland used to be the standard of football in the east but not so much lately. Hopefully Belfry and Ashland stay up there and be competitive for awhile and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to the Tomcats the rest of the year. My opinion and yours may always be different but that’s ok. What these forms are for.
Patriot1 Wrote:That’s ok T-Cats Ashland has had a lot of good teams as Belfry has but this about Belfry and Midland. But you have to admit Ashland used to be the standard of football in the east but not so much lately. Hopefully Belfry and Ashland stay up there and be competitive for awhile and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck to the Tomcats the rest of the year. My opinion and yours may always be different but that’s ok. What these forms are for.

Your right we will agree to disagree and good luck to Belfry the rest of the season too. You all have a program Ashland wants to be like again. You should handle CM pretty easy.
This should be a good one. I anticipate Midland to be big and athletic. I think Belfry will be able to handle them if they don't have fumblitis. That seems to be what leads to their rare losses.
T-CATS Wrote:[quote=Patriot1]
Do you know what Belfrys record against Ashland is? It’s not pretty Ashland has owned Belfry! Ashland is 18-3 against them.

That’s true. Because the only time Ashland ever wants/wanted to schedule Belfry is when they’ve been loaded. I’ve give them credit.....when they’re up....they go on a search and destroy mission to schedule high profile programs that are in a “lull”. Most times, that’s when they’ve wanted to play. What the other poster is referencing is the cowardice way Ashland MS forfeited a playoff game against these same kids that are juniors now at Belfry.
Pages: 1 2