Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A ? about Louisville private schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the recent dip in football quality at Trinity and St X. and the recent uptick at Desales and CAL, it made me wonder, are the latter 2 now getting some kids that, in the past, would have went to X and T? This is not to imply that T and X are no longer good, they are, but, they clearly aren't as dominant as they typically are. Plus, the facilities at CAL and Desales are now top notch, they're both going to compete at a state championship level in there class and both teams, for schools with roughly 300-350 boys, are dressing as many or more as most 6a schools. With this in mind, I think it's a fair question. Would love to hear some opinions with some folks in that area that are in the know about the ins and outs of these schools.
Not in the area but would think that it has cut into Trinity and X's depth. Why sit when you can play at DeSales and CAL?
You can bet Trinity won't stay down long.
Athletes being divided between 4 teams rather than 2 will make it hard for Trinity to reach the same level of dominance. Their demise is hard to imagine with how much harder they work and them being better people. This shows that their recruiting did not give them an advantage.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:With the recent dip in football quality at Trinity and St X. and the recent uptick at Desales and CAL, it made me wonder, are the latter 2 now getting some kids that, in the past, would have went to X and T? This is not to imply that T and X are no longer good, they are, but, they clearly aren't as dominant as they typically are. Plus, the facilities at CAL and Desales are now top notch, they're both going to compete at a state championship level in there class and both teams, for schools with roughly 300-350 boys, are dressing as many or more as most 6a schools. With this in mind, I think it's a fair question. Would love to hear some opinions with some folks in that area that are in the know about the ins and outs of these schools.

There should be plenty talent for all the schools in the area.
pjdoug Wrote:There should be plenty talent for all the schools in the area.

Well well well..... that’s ironic hahah
CAL is building a nice program but I think DeSales the next several years could be interesting to watch.