Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: E. KY Miner killed (3-12-07)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My dad (Chuck Griffith) was killed while he was operating an excavator at Feds Creek in Pike County on March 12th, 2007. I didn't see a thread about it and I figure people should know.

http://www.msha.gov/FATALS/2007/FAB07c04.asp
Please accept my heart felt condolences for your loss. May god come into your heart at this tough time.
My heart breaks for you and your family. You will be in my prayers. May God bless you and your family. Lean on the Lord for he will give you peace during this time of trouble.
I'm so sorry... My prayers are with you and your family
Had no clue! Prayers are with you and your family....
cig107 Wrote:My dad (Chuck Griffith) was killed while he was operating an excavator at Feds Creek in Pike County on March 12th, 2007. I didn't see a thread about it and I figure people should know.

Hey man you know the whole East Ridge School community knows about it, and we are truely sorry for your loss.
our family expresses our condolences, thoughts and prayers to your family Cig....Its a tragedy when any miner around the country dies, but when its so close to home and to the heart, it really hits home. If theres anything I can do, Im in Pike and Floyd County on a daily basis, let me know. Id be glad to help..
my heart and prayers go out to you and the family.
cig107 Wrote:My dad (Chuck Griffith) was killed while he was operating an excavator at Feds Creek in Pike County on March 12th, 2007. I didn't see a thread about it and I figure people should know.

Wow, CIG, I am so sorry.
I did not know this.

Many people will try to console by saying "I know how you feel" but I truly do.

I too lost my father in a mining accident when I was 16 years old...I still miss him greatly every day and that's been nearly 30 years ago.

My prayers are with you and if you ever need anything, let me know.
Thanks for all your comments...ABC News just called and talked to my step mom and I think they are going to do a documentary on mining in EKY.
Let us know if the ABC thing turns out. I would love to watch it. My dad mines too and it is such a scary thing to think about. The accident with your dad happened less than 2 miles away from my house. I'm really sorry for your lose cig.
Yeah I talked to the Abc News guy yesterday. I don't know for sure If Diane Sawyer is the one that is going to interview me but I know that she is the one that came up with the show. They are coming next monday or tuesday to interview me. I will post on here the time the show is going to be on. I think it is going to be on Good Morning America, 20/20, and abc news at 6:30. The program is called "Diamond in the rough".
Well, best of luck with the interview. Make your dad proud. Hopefully by doing this more advancements will be making in making mining safer. It's good that you are taking part in it. I can't wait to see it come out.
Cig, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. If you ever need someone to talk to just send me a pm.
Thanks man. The Abc crew should be here in about 2 hrs to do the interview. Im really nervous.
cig107 Wrote:Thanks man. The Abc crew should be here in about 2 hrs to do the interview. Im really nervous.

How did it go, Cig?
They couldn't make it today...they were in whitesburg interviewing the family of some of the families of the Darby Mine guys that got killed last may. They didnt have enough time to come up here today but there coming tomorrrow around 4 or 5.
Good luck cig. Let us know how it goes.
Good luck Cig. Just stay calm and act like your chatting with your old friends from BGR.
Speak clearly and think about your accent, haha.
thetribe Wrote:Speak clearly and think about your accent, haha.

Accent?? You mean Cig is a Yankee??!!! Rolleyes
Hahaha, not even close.
I am sorry for you loss, hope the interview goes OK.
I know for sure its today at 5:30. I just talked to the guy. They were supposed to go to ER also but I don't think they made it up there.
Well I just got done with the interview. They didn't tape it they just took pics. Diane Sawyer is going to go through the profiles of the people they interview and choose the ones they want to follow around. They said they were going to follow the kids around for a couple of months. I guess it is going to be a bigger documentary than I thought. They people told me that it would air in about a year or so.
Here is the link to the final report...

http://www.msha.gov/FATALS/2007/FTL07c04.asp
Thanks cig! And very sorry to hear about this!!!!