Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New MaxPreps State Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Covington Catholic (Park Hills) 6-0 52.8 19.3 --
2 Scott County (Georgetown) 5-1 43.1 20.7 --
3 Male (Louisville) 6-0 39.6 1.7 --
4 Highlands (Fort Thomas) 5-1 38.0 19.3 +1
5 Frederick Douglass (Lexington) 6-0 37.7 1.5 -1
6 Mayfield 6-0 37.4 8.5 +6
7 Boyle County (Danville) 6-0 34.1 10.3 -1
8 DeSales (Louisville) 5-0 32.4 10.9 +3
9 Christian Academy-Louisville (Louisville) 5-0 31.7 1.1 -1
10 South Warren (Bowling Green) 6-0 30.3 -1.2 --
11 Bowling Green 6-0 28.9 0.0 -2
12 Corbin 4-1 28.3 11.9 -5
13 Johnson Central (Paintsville) 4-1 27.3 3.7 +1
14 Trinity (Louisville) 1-5 25.7 32.8 +2
15 Lexington Catholic (Lexington) 4-2 25.6 13.8 -2
16 Beechwood (Fort Mitchell) 3-2 25.4 11.5 -1
17 Ashland Blazer (Ashland) 6-0 25.2 2.0 +1
18 Southwestern (Somerset) 5-0 25.1 -1.4 -1
19 North Hardin (Radcliff) 4-2 21.6 11.4 +1
20 St. Xavier (Louisville) 3-2 21.4 10.9 +3
21 Anderson County (Lawrenceburg) 5-0 20.9 -5.0 +1
22 Franklin-Simpson (Franklin) 5-1 20.5 0.7 +8
23 Belfry 4-1 20.0 -3.1 -4
24 Paducah Tilghman (Paducah) 4-2 20.0 7.0 +1
25 Butler (Louisville) 4-2 18.9 -0.2 +1
Ashland and Belfry should be higher... trinity and st X too.. There is NO way that Highlands should be 4. No way...... I’ve seen them in action. They should be around 12 or farther. This is why I don’t like this stuff. If you have seen the top teams, there are a few that don’t deserve where they are. I would even drop Corbin farther. I’m not jus being a homer. Realistic
bcpc Wrote:Ashland and Belfry should be higher... trinity and st X too.. There is NO way that Highlands should be 4. No way...... I’ve seen them in action. They should be around 12 or farther. This is why I don’t like this stuff. If you have seen the top teams, there are a few that don’t deserve where they are. I would even drop Corbin farther. I’m not jus being a homer. Realistic

The computer hasn't seen any of these teams play. It uses math.
Wow! LMAO! I shouldn't even try to make a case why Belfry should be higher than #23 but I'm going to give it a shot and see if I'm the only "homer" that thinks they should be. The Pirates are 4-1. Their only lose was to one of the top programs in WV, in the biggest classification in WV, and would be a 6A school in Kentucky if they were on this side of the river. Huntington High is 4-0 and ranked #5 in the state the last time I checked. They also have a ton on D-1 players on that team, one of which is a top 5 prospect in the nation in Darnell Wright. They beat us by only one score (17-9) and our starting QB was out. Our backup was a sophomore making his first start ever at the QB position. We had 5 turnovers in that game, which that's no excuse because that was our fault. If we had our starting QB and cut those turnovers in half I believe we win that game. We've played the #2 ranked team in 1A (I saw somewhere that they were ranked #1 when we played them) the Pikeville Panthers at their place and beat them pretty handily IMO. The other three games against NCC, Bryan Station, and Sheldon Clark were nothing to brag about, I agree, but we did what we were supposed to do and that was win convincingly. That's all we can do in those type of games. I'm not saying we should be in the Top 5, or Top 10 for that matter, but #23? Come on! I guess everyone has their opinions though. I just think that we are way better than #23 and have the results to prove it. Am I alone in this assessment?
Nope belfry should be 15 ahead of Beechwood and lex cath.
Computer rankings never get it right until just about playoff time.
I agree with you pal, we should be somewhere between 11 through 16. Belfry being 23rd is laughable but in all reality it doesn’t matter. Come November we just have to take care of business! Most folks have already crowned BC as 3A champs..... the pressure is on them and not us!!!
I look at these rankings as suggestions rather than facts. It gives one a decent idea of who is good and who is not. Ultimately it will be settled on the field and rankings are meaningless.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! LMAO! I shouldn't even try to make a case why Belfry should be higher than #23 but I'm going to give it a shot and see if I'm the only "homer" that thinks they should be. The Pirates are 4-1. Their only lose was to one of the top programs in WV, in the biggest classification in WV, and would be a 6A school in Kentucky if they were on this side of the river. Huntington High is 4-0 and ranked #5 in the state the last time I checked. They also have a ton on D-1 players on that team, one of which is a top 5 prospect in the nation in Darnell Wright. They beat us by only one score (17-9) and our starting QB was out. Our backup was a sophomore making his first start ever at the QB position. We had 5 turnovers in that game, which that's no excuse because that was our fault. If we had our starting QB and cut those turnovers in half I believe we win that game. We've played the #2 ranked team in 1A (I saw somewhere that they were ranked #1 when we played them) the Pikeville Panthers at their place and beat them pretty handily IMO. The other three games against NCC, Bryan Station, and Sheldon Clark were nothing to brag about, I agree, but we did what we were supposed to do and that was win convincingly. That's all we can do in those type of games. I'm not saying we should be in the Top 5, or Top 10 for that matter, but #23? Come on! I guess everyone has their opinions though. I just think that we are way better than #23 and have the results to prove it. Am I alone in this assessment?

So far what the computer sees is that every team above Belfry besides Anderson has played a tougher schedule. But Anderson has 4 wins vs above average teams and Belfry has 2. I think Belfry would be a physical nightmare for #4 Highlands, #15 Lex Cath and#19 North Hardin, but computers don't care about style of play.
Huntington Beat you guys Pretty Handily !!!! ( IMO ) 😂😂
It takes these cpu programs a good portion of the season to get enough data to be accurate. They get better each week and by the playoffs they do a pretty good job of getting it right.
Wonder how long it will take to update these ranking computers to update with the IMTU software?
There's a lot of folks out there that turn there nose up to some of these rankings and at times, I can see it.. A lot think if you don't have 6a or 5a across the chest, you're automatically too high, but, I'll tell you this, if Mayfield, Boyle Co, Desales or CAL had the exact same players, but, were competing in one of those 2 classes, most everyone would be wondering how in the world could you keep those teams out of the Top 5..

True Story
Panther Pride Wrote:Huntington Beat you guys Pretty Handily !!!! ( IMO ) 😂😂

How's that? Just curious to see what you say and if you have any kind of football IQ before I make a rude statement. How did they beat us "pretty handily" when the final score was 17-9, we moved the ball well between the 20's, had a backup QB playing due to injury, had five turnovers, and held their offensive machine to under 20 points with those five turnovers to help them out? Please Sir, explain to me how they beat us "pretty handily".