Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Teeth Whitening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've all heard the home remedies about baking soda and peroxide but what else have you tried that works?
I have tried the Crest Whitestrips, I couldn't tell if they worked or not...
I got some whitening kit from my Dentist... it worked great... I don't remember what it was called though
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I got some whitening kit from my Dentist... it worked great... I don't remember what it was called though

Lotta help that is........:p Smile
It was like 6 years ago lol... I'm losing my memory lol
Dentist office's now have Crest White StripsW/ 14% Carbimide Peroxide-works great !! stong stuff
I tell ya what. I chew baccer and I got great teeth. I use Crest Whitening mouthwash and Close-Up whitening toothpaste, works great.
for some odd reason, this cracked me the hell up, lol..that would be a great catch phrase for an Eastern Kentucky Crest commercial..
Redneck Wrote:I tell ya what. I chew baccer and I got great teeth. I use Crest Whitening mouthwash and Close-Up whitening toothpaste, works great.
I agree TH but I am going to try it nevertheless. If it can work on tobacco stains then hopefully it can do something to my teeth. Some people just have better/whiter teeth than others but antibiotics when I was little and something about thicker teeth making it harder to get to the part that colors them makes mine hard to work with for some products to do anything.
thetribe Wrote:I agree TH but I am going to try it nevertheless. If it can work on tobacco stains then hopefully it can do something to my teeth. Some people just have better/whiter teeth than others but antibiotics when I was little and something about thicker teeth making it harder to get to the part that colors them makes mine hard to work with for some products to do anything.
Tetracycine is the product found in antibiotics that causes darker shades in teeth while they are being formed or if your mom used it while she was pregnet.Try the 14% strips if your Dentist does'nt have it they can order it. Good Luck.Keep me postedBig Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:for some odd reason, this cracked me the hell up, lol..that would be a great catch phrase for an Eastern Kentucky Crest commercial..

LOL, it's the truth man. I do it in the mornins when I wake up, when I get home from work (after chewin all day) and again before I go to bed.
Advance Eagles Wrote:Tetracycine is the product found in antibiotics that causes darker shades in teeth while they are being formed or if your mom used it while she was pregnet.Try the 14% strips if your Dentist does'nt have it they can order it. Good Luck.Keep me postedBig Grin

Any idea how much they cost?
thetribe Wrote:Any idea how much they cost?
Depending on what your Dentist decides to charge.It usually runs around $40-50 bucks.
I bought a whitening kit from my dentist last year for 50 dollars. It worked good but I kept forgetting to use it every day for 10 days straight. The guards that I had to use rubbed my gums around my teeth and hurt them pretty bad. I may have to try these new ones though.
I just brush my teeth. That's it. I don't use mouthwash or whitestrips or anything like that anymore. My teeth are still very white.
I'm doing a marketing campaign in class for this right now.
Some people just have naturally whiter teeth than others. If you don't smoke, chew or drink coffee or tea and your teeth still aren't white will the strips help?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Some people just have naturally whiter teeth than others. If you don't smoke, chew or drink coffee or tea and your teeth still aren't white will the strips help?

Try my way, lol. I drink tea too, but didn't think it had any effect. I drink prolly 3 bottles a day of the Lipton Citrus Green Tea, that stuffs awesome.
I don't have stains on my teeth from smoking, coffee, etc. My teeth have just never been the color that I want them to be. The antibiotics didn't help but they just aren't naturally bright, white teeth.

BTW, Cali, this is why I hate you and your lovely teeth. Big Grin
Redneck, post a picture of your teeth on here. Big Grin
Haha. Redneck, lemme see your grillz.
If I can get a pic of my teeth, I will, lol.