Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County at Estill County 9/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Bobcats make the trip to Irvine to take on Estill County next Friday night for Homecoming.

Breathitt defeated Knott Central 30-0 last night...started the season off 0-3 and have since rolled off 3 straight wins.

Estill County picked up a big win over Morgan County last night 45-30 for their second win on the season.

If both teams come to play then this should be a good game, if either team starts turning the ball over and the opposing team starts capatilizing, then it could be a long night for someone...
Not sure about the eligibility of transfer oHair it will make a difference as will the status of ohara as he was out against Knott with a Concussion. If both of those players are available it will help the Bobcats in this game and more importantly the Powell County game.
Going with home team. Estill County by 6.
Bobcats 28-14
Everyone available and plays BC by 16. Otherwise a tossup.
Breathitt is too banged up. Otherwise I went with the bobcats in this one. Engineers by 7
This game decides the runner up for the district. which means one extra game at home. If everyone plays for Breathitt i say then win by 12 or less. If not. Engineers win @ home.
Estill at home!
Bigdog54 Wrote:This game decides the runner up for the district. which means one extra game at home. If everyone plays for Breathitt i say then win by 12 or less. If not. Engineers win @ home.

I would say that Estill and Breathitt have as much of a chance of winning the district as anyone. Powell, by no means, has it locked down.
jumpshooter Wrote:I would say that Estill and Breathitt have as much of a chance of winning the district as anyone. Powell, by no means, has it locked down.

I think what he meant by that is Powell returned majority of their talent from last year, thus making them the favorite for districts but like you said anything can happen and every team has a chance at winning district. Morgan demolished Estill last season 34-8, Estill returned the favor this season by winning 45-30.

Looks like O'Hair is eligible to play for Breathitt, he's listed on their roster.
Strikeout King Wrote:I think what he meant by that is Powell returned majority of their talent from last year, thus making them the favorite for districts but like you said anything can happen and every team has a chance at winning district. Morgan demolished Estill last season 34-8, Estill returned the favor this season by winning 45-30.

Looks like O'Hair is eligible to play for Breathitt, he's listed on their roster.

No way this will stand. I don't know much about the KHSAA, but I know that when a kid transfers, they would not be eligible to play in 2-3 weeks. Especially football.
Strikeout King Wrote:I think what he meant by that is Powell returned majority of their talent from last year, thus making them the favorite for districts but like you said anything can happen and every team has a chance at winning district. Morgan demolished Estill last season 34-8, Estill returned the favor this season by winning 45-30.

He was listed last week also but was ineligible and did not dress or play. Saw him throwing the ball around and he does have a good arm and will help out when available.
jumpshooter Wrote:No way this will stand. I don't know much about the KHSAA, but I know that when a kid transfers, they would not be eligible to play in 2-3 weeks. Especially football.

What are the rules exactly? Looked it up. Here ya go.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What are the rules exactly?

When he transferred to Estill, he didn't play for like the first 3 games. Not sure on the status at Breathitt.
Strikeout King Wrote:When he transferred to Estill, he didn't play for like the first 3 games. Not sure on the status at Breathitt.

Not sure exactly when he enrolled but he has but played a game for the Bobcats. I think he has been there for at least 3 weeks at least. Who will they be matched up against in the playoffs if the 2 Seed? Or the 1 seed? Or the 3 seed (with the injuries the Bobcats have it is possible)
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Not sure exactly when he enrolled but he has but played a game for the Bobcats. I think he has been there for at least 3 weeks at least. Who will they be matched up against in the playoffs if the 2 Seed? Or the 1 seed? Or the 3 seed (with the injuries the Bobcats have it is possible)

1 seed will probably get a home game against either Jackson county or McCreary Central

2 seed will probably get Casey County...unless something happens then it could be Jackson County or McCreary Central...

Corbin should be #1 and Bell #2 and Casey #3 in that district but that's just a guess.
Couple of big questions I have is how will the addition of Ohair mess with the chemistry of the team. The Bobcats seemed to have had a decent gameplan worked out offensively and the kid that was playing qb was doing a good job. Second ❔ is the health if the qb that has been playing. He has a concussion and takes a lot of hits with the style of play the Bobcats play with.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Couple of big questions I have is how will the addition of Ohair mess with the chemistry of the team. The Bobcats seemed to have had a decent gameplan worked out offensively and the kid that was playing qb was doing a good job. Second ❔ is the health if the qb that has been playing. He has a concussion and takes a lot of hits with the style of play the Bobcats play with.

O'Hair is listed as a receiver on the roster on the scoreboard
Strikeout King Wrote:O'Hair is listed as a receiver on the roster on the scoreboard

I can not see the qb lasting long taking the number of hits he does coming off a concussion. Just my opinion. 🙏 I am wrong.
If Estill's D plays like they did against Morgan then the QB may not have much time to do anything. They were in the backfield and in the QB's face all night that game against Morgan. I think Estill had 6 sacks.
If I’m not mistaken, Stacy has been medically cleared, as of last week. He may soon get the nod at QB. If Stacy can come back and be effective, then you have two good athletes at the skill position in, O’hair and O’hara. If this happens, the Bobcats can win the district and make a little noise in the playoffs.
If Breathitt is healthy, they are a two touchdown better team on the road, in my opinion. I wouldn’t put too much stock in the Morgan County game.
There will be a little extra motivation in Irvine Friday night. Always good to get to play against someone who transferred out of your program and did not want to play with you. But my guess is that O'Hair will not play. By reading those rules, there is no way he has enough practices under his belt to be LEGALLY eligible. But it's Breathitt, they have been in trouble for violating rules before.. lol
Cat Daddy Wrote:If I’m not mistaken, Stacy has been medically cleared, as of last week. He may soon get the nod at QB. If Stacy can come back and be effective, then you have two good athletes at the skill position in, O’hair and O’hara. If this happens, the Bobcats can win the district and make a little noise in the playoffs.

If I remember correctly, Estill fumbled the ball twice inside the 5 last season which Breathitt took advantage. That was with Stacy at QB....I'm not saying Breathitt will lose and Estill wins, I'm not saying Breathitt wins and Estill loses, I'm saying it will be a much closer game than most expect.
jumpshooter Wrote:There will be a little extra motivation in Irvine Friday night. Always good to get to play against someone who transferred out of your program and did not want to play with you. But my guess is that O'Hair will not play. By reading those rules, there is no way he has enough practices under his belt to be LEGALLY eligible. But it's Breathitt, they have been in trouble for violating rules before.. lol
Not saying they have not been in trouble before. But when? What sanctions have they had placed against the program? I know they have had discipline problems in the past as far as fighting and such.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If I’m not mistaken, Stacy has been medically cleared, as of last week. He may soon get the nod at QB. If Stacy can come back and be effective, then you have two good athletes at the skill position in, O’hair and O’hara. If this happens, the Bobcats can win the district and make a little noise in the playoffs.
Stacy is a good 👦 but the Bobcats are better with Ohara at QB if he is healthy.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Stacy is a good 👦 but the Bobcats are better with Ohara at QB if he is healthy.

I agree. He takes the offense to another level with his running ability, but if O’Hara can’t go, I think he can step in as a three year starter and make an impact.
jumpshooter Wrote:There will be a little extra motivation in Irvine Friday night. Always good to get to play against someone who transferred out of your program and did not want to play with you. But my guess is that O'Hair will not play. By reading those rules, there is no way he has enough practices under his belt to be LEGALLY eligible. But it's Breathitt, they have been in trouble for violating rules before.. lol

What rule violations are you talking about?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Not saying they have not been in trouble before. But when? What sanctions have they had placed against the program? I know they have had discipline problems in the past as far as fighting and such.

Lol you guys are joking, right? They were caught practicing during school hours and had been doing so for several years.
Pages: 1 2