Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 48 Sheldon Clark 8 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pirates a little to much for the Cardinals tonight. Starters played a little over a quarter but did what they needed to do to put the game out of reach and get some much needed rest. JV and Freshman got a lot of playing time tonight and played well. Final from "The Rock" in Inez, KY. On to next week when Floyd Central comes to Pond Creek.
Congrats to Belfry.
Was about to say I thought Belfry would put more on the board, but seeing they put younger guys in after a quarter explains it.
DillyDilly Wrote:Was about to say I thought Belfry would put more on the board, but seeing they put younger guys in after a quarter explains it.

Yeah, all but 7 of our points came in that 1st qtr and early second. Starters played only 7 or 8 series, if I'm not mistaken.
Congrats Belfry.
Congratulations Pirates!!
Belfry could have broke some state scoring records tonight, but Heywood did what Heywood does and pulled his varsity in the 1st qtr.

I think at one point, Belfry had 4 TD's on 5 plays.
Is Belfry in cruise mode until Johnson Central. Their district is usually as soft as Charmin.
Congrats Belfry.
Congratulations to the Pirates
E's Army Wrote:Is Belfry in cruise mode until Johnson Central. Their district is usually as soft as Charmin.

What have you been smoking? That district is usually one of the toughest in the state. Admittedly it is very down this year but USUALLY that is not the case. A few years ago LC probably would’ve won state had Belfry not been in the district.
Congrats to the Pirates!!! Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark is no more as they will be known as Martin County High next season. Good Luck SC the rest of the season.

Belfry...just keep doing what you do and continue to get better each and every week.
E's Army Wrote:Is Belfry in cruise mode until Johnson Central. Their district is usually as soft as Charmin.

Yes as far as the district goes. Cabel-Midland will be a decent test although I am not sure they are as strong as some of their past teams. The disrict is historically weak although it has not been as strong the last few years. You think PC is down and out after getting 50 hung on them by Letcher Central and then they turn around and handle Floyd. So the race for number 2 will be a good one IMO. The days of PC and SC being in the regional championship are long gone. Belfry needs some competition. The Huntington and Pikeville game have given the starters good minutes and Cabel and JC will be fine, but I would not doubt if Belfry "running clocks" the rest of the schedule.