Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Please bring back the Hazard vs. Perry Central game!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its time to bring the rivalry back. Dont matter who wins. Hazard is the deadest town in the USA. Need some fire back here. Best money making game either team will have all year.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Its time to bring the rivalry back. Dont matter who wins. Hazard is the deadest town in the USA. Need some fire back here. Best money making game either team will have all year.
That game ain't gonna bring no fire. lol
I think now that the teams are both competitive it would be a good game. Hazard had the advantage for years but I think PCC may be as good or just a bit better at least in 2018. Why did they discontinue the games?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think now that the teams are both competitive it would be a good game. Hazard had the advantage for years but I think PCC may be as good or just a bit better at least in 2018. Why did they discontinue the games?
You don't think no such thing as that :biglmao::biglmao:
Why??? perry has nothing to gain and haz has a win win situation if perry wins then everyone says they should but if haz wins [ using perry county kids they recruited out of county schools ] then they say look what a great accomplisment we beat a big school. For perry this is a lose lose, no way they should play. Like i said before haz never wins anything with kids from haz only, basketball, football, baseball, girls or boys.
me and mine Wrote:Why??? perry has nothing to gain and haz has a win win situation if perry wins then everyone says they should but if haz wins [ using perry county kids they recruited out of county schools ] then they say look what a great accomplisment we beat a big school. For perry this is a lose lose, no way they should play. Like i said before haz never wins anything with kids from haz only, basketball, football, baseball, girls or boys.
well said.
me and mine Wrote:Why??? perry has nothing to gain and haz has a win win situation if perry wins then everyone says they should but if haz wins [ using perry county kids they recruited out of county schools ] then they say look what a great accomplisment we beat a big school. For perry this is a lose lose, no way they should play. Like i said before haz never wins anything with kids from haz only, basketball, football, baseball, girls or boys.

It is not a lose lose for Perry. If they win, they will have beat a perennial contender in single A football. And they can rub it in the faces of Hazard fans. Rivalries need to happen in all sports. I say bring it back. And I can assure you that Hazard fans are too prideful to take the easy way out by saying "Perry is bigger, they should beat us." PLAY THE GAME:rockon:
Most assume Hazard would win.
jumpshooter Wrote:It is not a lose lose for Perry. If they win, they will have beat a perennial contender in single A football. And they can rub it in the faces of Hazard fans. Rivalries need to happen in all sports. I say bring it back. And I can assure you that Hazard fans are too prideful to take the easy way out by saying "Perry is bigger, they should beat us." PLAY THE GAME:rockon:

5A teams shouldn't play 1A teams.
I'll just reply to basically everyone on here Confusedinglepar

pjdoug Wrote:That game ain't gonna bring no fire. lol
It did for years.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think now that the teams are both competitive it would be a good game. Hazard had the advantage for years but I think PCC may be as good or just a bit better at least in 2018. Why did they discontinue the games?
Hazard owned the series early on but when I was in high school Perry managed to beat them three times in a row. Hazard then went on a winning streak (4 or 5 games) before they shut down the rivalry. The last game was decided by a hail mary by Hazard at the buzzer. It had gotten really competitive. That was 2008ish? The best teams in Perry Central's history didn't get to play Hazard. On paper, the reason it was disbanded was because an ordinance was passed in Hazard refusing to play Perry Central in any sport unless it was a tournament because of "safety issues." There was a little more going on than that, but I can tell you the rivalry boiled over badly in a basketball game and a couple soccer games. The ordinance has since been lifted and the teams play in every other sport.

pjdoug Wrote:5A teams shouldn't play 1A teams.
Hazard plays Whitley, Letcher and Harlan County already. That argument is tired. Perry will be 4A next year. Will it be better then?
There is no reason the Black Gold Bowl shouldn't be played right now.

I can tell you it's not going to be on the schedule for two more years guaranteed and likely longer. The kids want to play, I'd imagine coaches on both sides want to play and the fans want to see it. What's stopping it?
Hazard dominated series ,how can you have a rivalry if one team wins everytime? Florida and Kentucky cant br called a rivalry. UK 1 and 31

This coming from a whitley co. fan is comical. You should be praying for your team to play more 1A schools.

This recruiting argument is so tiresome.
Hazard would win Perry's district this year.
Easy Wind Wrote:This recruiting argument is so tiresome.

Well it's still the truth.
The recruiting thing really is tiresome, Easy Wind, its old and played out, going back to the 60's and 70's Hazard probably has kids from the county in some sport, that does not mean they were recruited.

It is 2018, with social media and all this other stuff it is easy for kids, parents, coaches to have contact and see what other programs have going on, all over the mountains kids are jumping ship to other schools to try and better themselves in their PARENTS eyes. If a coach talks to a 15 year old kid about moving to their school, it is the parents call if they move, so really it falls back on the Parent.

Hazard and Perry played 3rd/4th and 5th/6th football the other night, first time in like 4 or 5 years they had play 5th/6th. From what I was told everything went smooth and was good gate for Hazard, think they play again in couple weeks at Perry

Like Zaga said it will be at least couple years before can happen, schedule for 2019 and 2020 are already pretty much done. hopefully one day.

This is comical. So by that logic, 2A teams should not play 6A? Say that to some of the 2A powerhouses that whip 6A teams. Whats your reasoning? I am curious. I would understand this argument if classes were decided by the number of players on a TEAM, but they are decided by the number of males in the school or just school size in general. So a 5A team could have less players than a 1A team. Does it happen alot? No. But it could and does is many cases.
Yea it happens a lot belfry scrimmaged PCC a few years ago and had triple the players most 1A schools have more players then PCC
Hazard would win the 5A district but are not the best team in their 1A district.
E's Army Wrote:Hazard would win the 5A district but are not the best team in their 1A district.

Holler back in a couple weeks.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll just reply to basically everyone on here Confusedinglepar

It did for years.

Hazard owned the series early on but when I was in high school Perry managed to beat them three times in a row. Hazard then went on a winning streak (4 or 5 games) before they shut down the rivalry. The last game was decided by a hail mary by Hazard at the buzzer. It had gotten really competitive. That was 2008ish? The best teams in Perry Central's history didn't get to play Hazard. On paper, the reason it was disbanded was because an ordinance was passed in Hazard refusing to play Perry Central in any sport unless it was a tournament because of "safety issues." There was a little more going on than that, but I can tell you the rivalry boiled over badly in a basketball game and a couple soccer games. The ordinance has since been lifted and the teams play in every other sport.

Hazard plays Whitley, Letcher and Harlan County already. That argument is tired. Perry will be 4A next year. Will it be better then?
When? You have attention deficit disorder too don't you? if you pay close attention You will notice that I said they "shouldn't" play. 1 A schools shouldn't cheat like dawgs and steal players from 5 A schools either but they do.
Easy Wind Wrote:This recruiting argument is so tiresome.

telling lies and being offended by truth is what is tiresome.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Well it's still the truth.
I agree with you for once. lol
pjdoug Wrote:I agree with you for once. lol

I've agreed with you on several things in this topic. I can hardly believe it myself.
pjdoug Wrote:When? You have attention deficit disorder too don't you? if you pay close attention You will notice that I said they "shouldn't" play. 1 A schools shouldn't cheat like dawgs and steal players from 5 A schools either but they do.

First, try to debate and converse like an adult or we'll have to give you a time-out.

But why on earth should there be some unwritten rule that any teams shouldn't play each other. Hazard went over to Whitley County last year and ruined the Colonels' senior night. I think everyone should have that privilege if they're capable.