Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup @ East Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This game will probably be closer then I would like...

Greenup 40

East Carter 28
If Greenup dont tighten up defensively, this season of high expectations can become one of disappointment. East doesnt have the power run game like LC does, but they have QB thats capable of making throws. I dont think Easts defense can handle greenup for 4 quarters though. They gave up 34 for Lewis Co, who greenup handled with ease.

GC 35
EC 14
this is not only a must win, but a win convincingly, type game for the psyche of the Greenup squad, imo
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:If Greenup dont tighten up defensively, this season of high expectations can become one of disappointment. East doesnt have the power run game like LC does, but they have QB thats capable of making throws. I dont think Easts defense can handle greenup for 4 quarters though. They gave up 34 for Lewis Co, who greenup handled with ease.

GC 35
EC 14

Greenup defense needs to find the excitement they had earlier on in the season. I fear if they don't find it this game they are going to have a bad homecoming against Rown County..
GC wins
Greenup County.
This will not be a good few weeks for East Carter. Their pass defense may be a little improved from last year, but they still gave up 400 yards through the air last year to Greenup.

As much as I want this to be a competitive game, I just have a hunch that the clock runs.
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup defense needs to find the excitement they had earlier on in the season. I fear if they don't find it this game they are going to have a bad homecoming against Rown County..

Their excitement came from pounding on weaker and inferior opponents. Excitement has to come from love of the game, not picking on a lesser opponent.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:Their excitement came from pounding on weaker and inferior opponents. Excitement has to come from love of the game, not picking on a lesser opponent.

I agree with you on the excitement for the love of the game. Greenup has seemed really flat the past two weeks from the start of the game to the finish. Pre-game preparations could be a big part of it...
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup defense needs to find the excitement they had earlier on in the season. I fear if they don't find it this game they are going to have a bad homecoming against Rown County..
I agree
Greenup County is fine as is the coaching staff. They will roll this week.
Westside Wrote:Greenup County is fine as is the coaching staff. They will roll this week.

Greenup wasn't fine against one dimensional team last week. That is a little scary wouldn't you think? The coaching was a mess as well. I'm not saying they are bad coaches ether.

Rowan Co probably will spoil their homecoming. Power running team with a pretty good defense front.
Greenup County by 14
This is a must win for Gc and I think they get the W but I am a little hesitant to say running clock
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup wasn't fine against one dimensional team last week. That is a little scary wouldn't you think? The coaching was a mess as well. I'm not saying they are bad coaches ether.

If you are not implying they are bad coaches, what exactly are you implying? It kind of reads that way to me.
Greenup will finish the season 5-5 ....they just don’t have the toughness that it takes to play at a high level yet
Westside Wrote:If you are not implying they are bad coaches, what exactly are you implying? It kind of reads that way to me.

I read it as they arent on the same page or the left hand doesnt neccessarily knownwhat the right hand is doing. I know the caliber of Scott and the DC's football knowledge. But they are young coaches. I think its just taken them time to get everything on the same page. Seem a little disorganized at times. The kids in the program all love them though and they have been a big blessing to the program, maybe expectations were too high, maybe not, maybe they have underachieved, alot of variables to consider when things go south with any program.
Very well said.. Thank you
Like I said earlier- East Carter is not good. Eli will throw for 400 and 5 this game.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I read it as they arent on the same page or the left hand doesnt neccessarily knownwhat the right hand is doing. I know the caliber of Scott and the DC's football knowledge. But they are young coaches. I think its just taken them time to get everything on the same page. Seem a little disorganized at times. The kids in the program all love them though and they have been a big blessing to the program, maybe expectations were too high, maybe not, maybe they have underachieved, alot of variables to consider when things go south with any program.

I still find that a dig at the coaching staff or at least the head coach.
Westside Wrote:I still find that a dig at the coaching staff or at least the head coach.

There is no dig towards the head coach personally. Just like Scotty said about the youth of the HC and DC shows in Greenup program. Maybe we are expecting more then what they can give right now. Experinced coaches can make in the game adjustments instead waiting till halftime to try to change the whole defensive scheme. It's just a lack of preparation. Which is prime example of youth in the coaching staff.
Westside Wrote:I still find that a dig at the coaching staff or at least the head coach.

Why is anything in this world that is not sunshine and roses about someones team, a "slight" or a "dig" at them? Scott Grizzle included, there isnt a person in this world that wants Scott to succeed more than me. He has been a great friend of mine through the years. If anything, all myself and a few others have done is be supportive of him and though I want my Rams to stomp a mudhole in GC and walk it dry every year, I will continue to do so on both counts. But from an outsider looking in, its hard to not see that there isnt the same continuity among the coaching staff in the last 2 weeks as there was the first 2 weeks. Same kids are out there playing, but there isnt that same fire, especially on the defensive side of the ball. No one on here knows the reason, but these sights are for observations by us has been arm chair QBs. Id like to say Im sorry if I came across brash or "taking a dig", but Im not, bc all I did was state my thoughts. Again, I wish Scott and his entire staff nothing but the best and hope they roll and get back on track this week. And as forrest so poetically put it...Thats all i have to say, about that.
Greenup County 42
East Carter 13
Watching the Mouseketeers varsity and now JV. I see a lack of toughness. Watched JV game at Raceland and they had a lot of kids that didn’t want to stand in front of anybody and tackle. Take the Thomas kid off that team and they go 0-10. That dude is a player. He does it all for GC. Mouseketeers will win big this week.
Greenup County 28-14
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup wasn't fine against one dimensional team last week. That is a little scary wouldn't you think? The coaching was a mess as well. I'm not saying they are bad coaches ether.

mediocre at best.
Greenup gets the W but becomes even more exposed after Friday night
Greenup- 21
East- 14
I think GC wins this one but not by much if they don’t get their act together. A lot of talent on that team so I’m not sure where the breakdown is but it needs fixed.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Why is anything in this world that is not sunshine and roses about someones team, a "slight" or a "dig" at them? Scott Grizzle included, there isnt a person in this world that wants Scott to succeed more than me. He has been a great friend of mine through the years. If anything, all myself and a few others have done is be supportive of him and though I want my Rams to stomp a mudhole in GC and walk it dry every year, I will continue to do so on both counts. But from an outsider looking in, its hard to not see that there isnt the same continuity among the coaching staff in the last 2 weeks as there was the first 2 weeks. Same kids are out there playing, but there isnt that same fire, especially on the defensive side of the ball. No one on here knows the reason, but these sights are for observations by us has been arm chair QBs. Id like to say Im sorry if I came across brash or "taking a dig", but Im not, bc all I did was state my thoughts. Again, I wish Scott and his entire staff nothing but the best and hope they roll and get back on track this week. And as forrest so poetically put it...Thats all i have to say, about that.

Scotty, I have seen several of your posts and you have complimented Grizz in some of them. None of your other posts standout to me. As for Bama-Cat I have just noticed he has gone out of his way to dig at the coaching staff this week. Yes, Greenup had a rough week last week and a lot of us were shocked with the results of last Friday night, but that stuff happens. I am clueless at what happened. It could have been a bad night, a bad matchup for Greenup, etc or Lawrence County may be a really good team this year. I don't honestly don't know. Grizz and his staff know more about what happened and more about their team than any of us on this site. That is why I stated Greenup County and their coaching staff will be just fine. Bama-Cat then quotes me and states, "Greenup wasn't fine against one dimensional team last week. That is a little scary wouldn't you think? The coaching was a mess as well." I can't help but find that as taking a dig at the coaches at Greenup County.
Pages: 1 2