Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT MOUNTAIN CLASSIC, (DEC 3-8) Who you got?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This will be taking place at Perry County Central this year. Looks like a great field and it is right at the beginning of the season again, which will let everyone see some great basketball early in the season.

Bell County Bobcats
Appearances: 7 (1988, 90, 2000, 07, 11, 14, 18)
All-time record: 3-6

Clay County Tigers
Appearances: 28 (1988-99, 2001-05, 08-13, 15-16, Dec. 17)
All-time record: 46-25

Floyd Central Jaguars
Appearances: 2 (Dec. 17-18)
All-time record: 2-1

Harlan County Black Bears
Appearances: 6 (2012-13, 15-17, 18)
All-time record: 9-5

Knott Central Patriots
Appearances: 26 (1988-89, 91-93, 95-2000, 03-04, 06, 08-18)
All-time record: 30-31

Knox Central Panthers
Appearances: 8 (1988-89, 2008, 10, 15, Jan. 2017-2018)
All-time record: 11-7

Paintsville Tigers
Appearances: 5 (1991, 95, 97, 2006, 2018)
All-time record: 7-3

Perry Central Commodores
Appearances: 19 (1997-2001, 03-05, 07, 09-11, 13-18)
All-time record: 37-12
Time for the Bobcats of Bell County to surprise everyone and win this early season tournament!! :1:
Knox Central
Knox Central but the other teams on here I know very little about besides Clay and they should have the talent
Paintsville :Thumbs:
Perry central wins this wymt classic
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Perry central wins this wymt classic

[Image: WOuSeRU.png]

#hittintheshizzletoohard More mash taters please!!!
Have they put together a bracket of who plays who to start things off?
Patriot train Wrote:This will be taking place at Perry County Central this year. Looks like a great field and it is right at the beginning of the season again, which will let everyone see some great basketball early in the season.

Bell County Bobcats
Appearances: 7 (1988, 90, 2000, 07, 11, 14, 18)
All-time record: 3-6

Clay County Tigers
Appearances: 28 (1988-99, 2001-05, 08-13, 15-16, Dec. 17)
All-time record: 46-25

Floyd Central Jaguars
Appearances: 2 (Dec. 17-18)
All-time record: 2-1

Harlan County Black Bears
Appearances: 6 (2012-13, 15-17, 18)
All-time record: 9-5

Knott Central Patriots
Appearances: 26 (1988-89, 91-93, 95-2000, 03-04, 06, 08-18)
All-time record: 30-31

Knox Central Panthers
Appearances: 8 (1988-89, 2008, 10, 15, Jan. 2017-2018)
All-time record: 11-7

Paintsville Tigers
Appearances: 5 (1991, 95, 97, 2006, 2018)
All-time record: 7-3

Perry Central Commodores
Appearances: 19 (1997-2001, 03-05, 07, 09-11, 13-18)
All-time record: 37-12

[Image: BXHFX2g.jpg]

#fatpatwouldrulejeopardy #lookoutalextrebek More mash taters please!!!
Knox wins back to back Mountian classic Championships! The way they play it’s like watching college basketball. They are head and shoulders above the curve right now. Best coach in the mountains with a ton of talent = 20+ wins again for Coach Patterson.
Is this the old Clay County Invitational? Great tournament. Why is it so 13th region heavy this year?
E's Army Wrote:Is this the old Clay County Invitational? Great tournament. Why is it so 13th region heavy this year?

I'd say they just wanted to mix it up and the 13th is good this year. Plus, the winner usually gets invited back.

The whole move to December was to get away from the All-A so more teams would apply to the tournament.
Maybe Patterson Panthers can top the most dominating WYMT performance in history from last year. It sure would be fun to watch. They can play some ball.
Knott Central wins it this year
Leader Wrote:Maybe Patterson Panthers can top the most dominating WYMT performance in history from last year. It sure would be fun to watch. They can play some ball.

Knox seemed to be better early in the year last year than late. It seemed like they leveled off somewhat. They seem to always have talent. They just can't get over the hump in the region. Sometimes I think playing in a weaker district may hurt them because they aren't usually challenged.
[Image: H26RNjs.gif]

Big Bizness is strutin like a mutha these days, wowza! Mountain Classic will be one of many wins this season.

#arunningclockcouldbeyourbestfriend More mash taters please!!!
ArJay Wrote:Knox seemed to be better early in the year last year than late. It seemed like they leveled off somewhat. They seem to always have talent. They just can't get over the hump in the region. Sometimes I think playing in a weaker district may hurt them because they aren't usually challenged.

I agree
[Image: C4Ncu3wWIAE82_w.jpg] Bolz ole Fatpat is pumped over this years team baby! Wondermint twins are beasts and White Chocolate is as fast as grampy after hitting the tater hooch brutha! Kazilla is as smooth as grammys Thanksgiving old crow whiskey bruh! Pats loaded up and going to be a sweet ride as CT says baby! #whiskeylullabygetsmeeverytime More mash taters please!!!
ArJay Wrote:Time for the Bobcats of Bell County to surprise everyone and win this early season tournament!! :1:

It would be a monumental surprise with the situation at Bell. You guys are losing BB players left and right. I was told the coach is helping them leave and get eligible? What is going on?
NextGeneration Wrote:It would be a monumental surprise with the situation at Bell. You guys are losing BB players left and right. I was told the coach is helping them leave and get eligible? What is going on?

I don't know what is going on. Its kind of a weird situation I guess with as many players that have left. But the as long as we keep the ones we got left we still have a whole barrel full of talent. We got some tall boys that jump really good. I hate we lost the Brock boy to of all places, Middlesboro though.
Who else left at Bell - just heard one.
HCS Wrote:Who else left at Bell - just heard one.

What I heard is some younger boys went to Pineville. Players that probably would have helped some next year. Not sure who though.
Knox wins WYMY back to back!!!
Knox wins WYMT back to back
Leader Wrote:Knox wins WYMT back to back

On a serious note, you them Knox Central Panthers to win and I want Bell to win. But with the WYMT happening so early now I think it could hurt the Bobcats and Panthers because I know Bell relies on a few football players and I believe Knox does too. And it looks like both teams can go fairly far in the football playoffs.
When will the bracket come out?
Bracket was announced in early October last year.
I would expect it pretty soon.
[Image: 9P64.gif] Bolz the Pats are freaking loaded up like a mutha! #concessionsbehithard #entourageisready More mash taters please!!!
[Image: 2e00b96d12ea8e79dfb9c711ba264768.gif]
Leader Wrote:Knox wins WYMT back to back
Leady ole Fatpat worries about brutha! Knoxxy won fair and square last year at the White Yellow Mash Tater tourney and ole Fatpat likes their style brutha but the Patriots be ruling the roost this year bruh! Big Bizness be bringing the taters loaded up and hot baby! #hospitalityroomisdabomb #tearingsomethingupthisyear
https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Pair...41791.html

December 4th:
Knox Central vs. Paintsville 6 PM
Perry Central vs. Harlan County 7:45 PM

December 5th:
Knott Central vs. Bell County 6 PM
Clay County vs. Floyd Central 7:45 PM

Friday December 6th: Boys Semifinals

Saturday December 6th: Boys consolation and Championship games.
Pages: 1 2