Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 60 Lucasville Valley (OH) 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Nice
Problems in the secondary
Raceland needs to work on their kicking between now and November. They continually miss extra points and give the other teams short fields. I would have to think this is going to hurt them against better teams like Pikeville or Beechwood.
It does every year...we are a good little program but we fail in this area every year
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It does every year...we are a good little program but we fail in this area every year

sounds like you need a soccer coach Smile
I have to take our coverage with a grain of salt tonight. we actually covered well and never really got burnt and on the underneath and intermediate passing game, we did pretty well. There was alot of "backyard bs" that went on in the first half. that was the most orthodox passing attack ive ever seen lol. Heighton is incredible. his timing, touch, and arm strength, is already right up there with aome of the best to ever play QB at Raceland. Our offense is leaps and bounds over what it was last year. but we HAVE TO BE MORE DISCIPLINED from the coach on down.
and in terms of the kicking game, im lost on as to why the best kicker on the team isnt kicking.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It does every year...we are a good little program but we fail in this area every year

Most years we’ve been hurt with the kicking game, last couple years not so much. Luke Lemaster’s foot sent the Rams to their first ever State Championship game with a 36 yard field goal that would have been good from at least 50 yards. Be nice to have another one like him.
Hope the rams figure the kicking game out tuff to give good teams the ball at the 45 everytime
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:and in terms of the kicking game, im lost on as to why the best kicker on the team isnt kicking.

I have a good idea while but won’t say on here
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I have to take our coverage with a grain of salt tonight. we actually covered well and never really got burnt and on the underneath and intermediate passing game, we did pretty well. There was alot of "backyard bs" that went on in the first half. that was the most orthodox passing attack ive ever seen lol. Heighton is incredible. his timing, touch, and arm strength, is already right up there with aome of the best to ever play QB at Raceland. Our offense is leaps and bounds over what it was last year. but we HAVE TO BE MORE DISCIPLINED from the coach on down.

I like playing with emotion but sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut. There was a lot of jawing going on tonight on both sides but as the old saying goes the second guy always gets caught and eventually we are going to come across a crew that is going to eject someone over that.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Most years we’ve been hurt with the kicking game, last couple years not so much. Luke Lemaster’s foot sent the Rams to their first ever State Championship game with a 36 yard field goal that would have been good from at least 50 yards. Be nice to have another one like him.

I disagree.... yes we had a good FG kicker but we gave other teams short field to work with all the time. A good FG kicker doesn’t = a good kicking game because you have to factore in kick offs and punts!

I to disagree not last year he put it right down the middle that game to win the game against Pikeville
We won 60-28 fellas crack a beer and relax
Patriot1 Wrote:I to disagree not last year he put it right down the middle that game to win the game against Pikeville

He also did a fairly good job kicking deep and we’ve had some excellent punters over the last few years
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I disagree.... yes we had a good FG kicker but we gave other teams short field to work with all the time. A good FG kicker doesn’t = a good kicking game because you have to factore in kick offs and punts!

Somehow it doesn’t surprise me that you disagree. You probably have a tough time deciding whether to stand up or sit down when you close the stall door.
Congrats to Rams
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Somehow it doesn’t surprise me that you disagree. You probably have a tough time deciding whether to stand up or sit down when you close the stall door.

That is a tough one sometimes hahahahaha
Our kicking game must improve. Valley had a short field all night and it burned us bad in the first half. that concerns me more so than the coverage from last night bc we adjusted and did much better in the second half.
I have watched Raceland off and on for many years. This is by far the worst special teams I have seen.
Ram devil is right the rams hung a 60 spot and from what I seen it is going to be tough to run the ball against the rams secondary will have to adjust to teams throwing the football more on them
You know your kicker is struggling when he only kicks squib kicks and still
Can’t keep them in bounds
Can’t wait till they do away with kickoffs
No matter how bad of a night your kicking game has if you hang 60 on someone you're still gonna win the game.
Slic Ric Wrote:No matter how bad of a night your kicking game has if you hang 60 on someone you're still gonna win the game.
Raw footage highlights of last night's game.
Do what??
I think Ramdad needs to host a exchange student from Mexico , kicking problems solved
Congrats Rams.
Hmmmm Germany!!! The cold weather in the playoffs would effect a kid not use to the could!
Pages: 1 2