Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 after week 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
6A
1) Male
2) Scott County
3) Douglass
4) Simon Kenton
5) Trinity

5A
1) Covington Catholic
2) South Warren
3) Southwestern
4) Bowling Green
5) Anderson County

4A
1) Franklin-Simpson
2) Johnson Central
3) Ashland
4) Knox Central
5) Franklin County

3A
1) Boyle County
2) Corbin
3) Lexington Catholic
4) Belfry
5) Bell County

2A
1) DeSalles
2) Mayfield
3) Christian Academy of Louisville
4) Somerset
5) Lexington Christian Academy

1A
1) Beechwood
2) Pikeville
3) Paintsville
4) Fulton County
5) Campbellsville

Thoughts

Also 5A is by far the most loaded class, 6A is good up top, and 2A is loaded as well. 4A is weak!
Central is at least 3rd best in 3A, but not in the top 5?
BoyleCo Wrote:6A
1) Male
2) Scott County
3) Douglass
4) Simon Kenton
5) Trinity

5A
1) Covington Catholic
2) South Warren
3) Southwestern
4) Bowling Green
5) Anderson County

4A
1) Franklin-Simpson
2) Johnson Central
3) Ashland
4) Knox Central
5) Franklin County

3A
1) Boyle County
2) Corbin
3) Lexington Catholic
4) Belfry
5) Bell County

2A
1) DeSalles
2) Mayfield
4) Somerset

1A
1) Beechwood
2) Pikeville
3) Paintsville
4) Fulton County
5) Campbellsville

Thoughts

Also 5A is by far the most loaded class, 6A is good up top, and 2A is loaded as well. 4A is weak!

Where are this rankings from?
I don’t know much about 4A but it won’t be weak next year, 1A I would have Hazard and Raceland above Paintsville but the all play so that will will work out
BoyleCo Wrote:6A
1) Male
2) Scott County
3) Douglass
4) Simon Kenton
5) Trinity

5A
1) Covington Catholic
2) South Warren
3) Southwestern
4) Bowling Green
5) Anderson County

4A
1) Franklin-Simpson
2) Johnson Central
3) Ashland
4) Knox Central
5) Franklin County

3A
1) Boyle County
2) Corbin
3) Lexington Catholic
4) Belfry
5) Bell County

2A
1) DeSalles
2) Mayfield
4) Somerset

1A
1) Beechwood
2) Pikeville
3) Paintsville
4) Fulton County
5) Campbellsville

Thoughts

No way is Paintsville 3 Smile
Johnson Central is the top team in 4A by a fairly wide margin.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central is the top team in 4A by a fairly wide margin.

:dontthink
Lol just a little ranking for discussion. No research behind this at all. 4A is weak this year. I think Johnson may be better than FS but Time will tell. Right now I see them them 1st. Central is a top 5 team probably. I actually kind of forgot about them. Still, a case could be made for the 2 ahead of them.
BoyleCo Wrote:Lol just a little ranking for discussion. No research behind this at all. 4A is weak this year. I think Johnson may be better than FS but Time will tell. Right now I see them them 1st. Central is a top 5 team probably. I actually kind of forgot about them. Still, a case could be made for the 2 ahead of them.

I'd like to get Bobcat4Ever's thoughts on if he thinks Bell can beat Central? I'm a Casey guy but I don't think we could give Central a very good game. I definitely feel Bell is much improved after seeing game film.
I’m still up in the air on belfry but by god I’d put them in front of a Lexington Catholic team that just lost!!! Central was somewhat overrated but they’d run the bobcats off the field. Shewww
Hound05 Wrote:I’m still up in the air on belfry but by god I’d put them in front of a Lexington Catholic team that just lost!!! Central was somewhat overrated but they’d run the bobcats off the field. Shewww

I agree ol buddy. I to still have some questions as to how good the Pirates really are. But I do believe we should be ahead of Lex.Cath. As far as Central, I just don't. My Top 5 in 3A right now would be:

1- Boyle
1a- Corbin
3- Belfry
4- Central
5- Lex.Cath or Bell
BoyleCo Wrote:Lol just a little ranking for discussion. No research behind this at all. 4A is weak this year. I think Johnson may be better than FS but Time will tell. Right now I see them them 1st. Central is a top 5 team probably. I actually kind of forgot about them. Still, a case could be made for the 2 ahead of them.
Johnson Central returned nearly all of its skill players from last season's team and Joe Jackson, the 2016 4A MVP, is back after missing nearly all of last season with an injury. Jackson rushed for over 2,000 yards and led the Golden Eagles to a 48-0 win over Franklin Simpson in the 2016 4A title game.

If Franklin-Simpson or any other team from the West beats Johnson Central in the state title game this season, it will be an upset, IMO. I am not sure that I would rank FS over Ashland this season.
Central would run clock on bell by halftime.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central returned nearly all of its skill players from last season's team and Joe Jackson, the 2016 4A MVP, is back after missing nearly all of last season with an injury. Jackson rushed for over 2,000 yards and led the Golden Eagles to a 48-0 win over Franklin Simpson in the 2016 4A title game.

If Franklin-Simpson or any other team from the West beats Johnson Central in the state title game this season, it will be an upset, IMO. I am not sure that I would rank FS over Ashland this season.

I agree Hoot, I think Johnson Central is the best team in 4A this year I really do. I will be shocked if they don't, at least, make it to the title game. Then I would put them as the favorite in that game. Good luck to you guys. Hope you win them all except for the last game of the regular season!
1.) Boyle Co
2.) Corbin
3.) Belfry
4.) Central
5.) The Rest
Hound05 Wrote:I’m still up in the air on belfry but by god I’d put them in front of a Lexington Catholic team that just lost!!! Central was somewhat overrated but they’d run the bobcats off the field. Shewww
I definitely agree Belfry is in front lof Lex Cath but I do feel Bell's power attack might give Central trouble as far as stopping Bell. But I don't agree Bell, at this point at least, should be ranked higher than Central. Thus far Bell hasn't beat us yet (although I won't have any fingernails left going late into that game week...). I know, or am quite sure we are not ready for Louisville Central yet. As coach told me, the general public, at times, don't understand the difference in how good a top 5 team, Boyle, Corbin, Belfry, Central, etc.. are, compared to the #6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. On a blue moon #7 might give #2 a good solid game, but then again it might actually be a running clock. A big difference in #2 and #6 through 10.
Raceland is top 5 in 1A. I'd take Hazard over Campbellsville or Fulton County.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I agree ol buddy. I to still have some questions as to how good the Pirates really are. But I do believe we should be ahead of Lex.Cath. As far as Central, I just don't. My Top 5 in 3A right now would be:

1- Boyle
1a- Corbin
3- Belfry
4- Central
5- Lex.Cath or Bell

I believe Bill free is a really good team. They are a dangerous and talented team. Goes without saying they’re well coached. I think right now they are the 3rd best team in 3A with the 4th team being somewhat far behind them. My question about them is can they compete at a level to be mentioned as the 2nd or even 1st best?? If you made me pick right now, I’d say no. But it’s hard to judge them with the teams they’ve played so far. I believe your rankings are the correct ones as of right now. It’s almost divided into 3 tiers. Your top 2. Belfry by itself. Then behind central and lex cath. But they are almost certainly better than Lexington. I wasn’t very impressed with them this week.
Trinity and St. X are down this year, no argument, but both of them and Butler are better than Simon Kenton. SK has a soft schedule (the opponents have a combined 6-17 record for the season) with Highlands and Beechwood being the only good teams on it. Normally Ryle would be a good game for them, but Ryle is very down this year.
1A hazard and Raceland are def 4 and 5 honestly probably 3 &4 ahead of paintsville
Paintsville is not a top 5 1A team..
We have improved a lot, but not to the level we will be next year. Lou Central would be too 5 in every class JMO.
We are a top 8 or 10 team this year, but next year will be our year to get back on top.
No we could NOT beat Central this year. Central maybe the best in 3A..
Bobcat4years Wrote:No we could NOT beat Central this year. Central maybe the best in 3A..

Well we can't either, so we're even there. Lol. I just wondered your thoughts, plus I'm fishing for hope we can give you guys a game...:-D
Rankings don’t mean a thing. I’m sure Central would destroy Bell.
Bobcat4years Wrote:No we could NOT beat Central this year. Central maybe the best in 3A..

In my opinion, you are way off. I don’t believe they could beat us much less Boyle and I’m up in the air about them and belfry. I think they’ve started the year out ranked really high- why I am not sure- and that has just carried over. Who have they beat to maybe be the best team in 3A? Their losses any other year would be impressive with how close they played, but the heavy hitters in 6A are way down. I’ll give you they’ll make it to the title, they have a cake walk. But I’m curious as to why you think they maybe top 3A team?
Bobcat4years Wrote:We have improved a lot, but not to the level we will be next year. Lou Central would be too 5 in every class JMO.
We are a top 8 or 10 team this year, but next year will be our year to get back on top.

Same Central that lost to Ballard?
Hound05 Wrote:In my opinion, you are way off. I don’t believe they could beat us much less Boyle and I’m up in the air about them and belfry. I think they’ve started the year out ranked really high- why I am not sure- and that has just carried over. Who have they beat to maybe be the best team in 3A? Their losses any other year would be impressive with how close they played, but the heavy hitters in 6A are way down. I’ll give you they’ll make it to the title, they have a cake walk. But I’m curious as to why you think they maybe top 3A team?

I agree Hound. No way in hell is Louisville Central the best team in 3A. Not by a long shot! I think them and Lex.Cath are the 4th and 5th teams. Their defiantly not on Boyle or Corbins level. Their not on our level either, IMO. Like we've agreed on the past couple of weeks, the Top 3 are set with the same 3, then after that it's a toss up. I to would like to know the logic behind why Bobcat4years thinks their that good and should be at #1 in 3A.
Bell's opponents are 4-14 thus far.

They are horrible. They lost to the lowly Bluebirds. Lexington Catholic might not be the best team in the state, but they are good, and it is funny when some of you put them down, and pump teams like Central up. lol. I'd like to see Bell County play Central to see what happens Smile. What's their record against Central?
Pages: 1 2