Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co 40 Collins 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was 40-0 at the half and Boyle starters were pulled after one series of the 3rd. Collins played their starters the entire game (the last qtr vs freshmen). It was pathetic for the Titans to keep in their varsity imo, no class.

Collins passed the look test but they are not a very good football team.

Injury bug strikes again for the Rebels.
Congratulations to Boyle County on the win, FoSho did they have another injury and if they did hope it’s not bad.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to Boyle County on the win, FoSho did they have another injury and if they did hope it’s not bad.

Yes.

Reese Smith has a hand injury.
Way to go Rebels!
FoSho Wrote:Yes.

I hate to hear that.
FoSho Wrote:Yes.

Nothing serious I hope and he can get back to playing. I hate to hear of these injuries that keeps these young men from playing the game they love.
Patriot1 Wrote:Nothing serious I hope and he can get back to playing. I hate to hear of these injuries that keeps these young men from playing the game they love.

Boyle has lost an OL and WR for the season and we have our PK and starting all-state WR/S banged up. Smith won't miss a game but will have a limited roll for a couple/few weeks.
Congrats to Boyle County. Hope everybody heals soon.
FoSho Wrote:It was 40-0 at the half and Boyle starters were pulled after one series of the 3rd. Collins played their starters the entire game (the last qtr vs freshmen). It was pathetic for the Titans to keep in their varsity imo, no class.

Amen preach it brother no class at all to keep the starters in against our reserves, IMO put your young kids in and let them get game experience seems to me like the coach was more worried about his reputation and ego than he was about the future of the program.
Kinley (WR) also has an injury for Boyle...torn tendon in his thumb. Sheesh.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Amen preach it brother no class at all to keep the starters in against our reserves, IMO put your young kids in and let them get game experience seems to me like the coach was more worried about his reputation and ego than he was about the future of the program.

That's why we are 5-0 and they are 0-5

IMO this is what makes Boyle better in the future. The JV gets a lot of varsity playing time. Looks like a few got a burr under their saddle when the Collins starters just crashed the line of scrimmage against our reserves and decided to let our Freshman QB start passing. Would have scored if not for the running clock.
Rebel55 Wrote:That's why we are 5-0 and they are 0-5

IMO this is what makes Boyle better in the future. The JV gets a lot of varsity playing time. Looks like a few got a burr under their saddle when the Collins starters just crashed the line of scrimmage against our reserves and decided to let our Freshman QB start passing. Would have scored if not for the running clock.

IMO we are way too nice.
FoSho Wrote:It was 40-0 at the half and Boyle starters were pulled after one series of the 3rd. Collins played their starters the entire game (the last qtr vs freshmen). It was pathetic for the Titans to keep in their varsity imo, no class.

It's all good brother. Just makes your JV and backups better playing against other starters. As long as you guys stay classy, and you are, that's all that matters. Hate to hear that about Smith. Tough kid. I'm sure he'll be just fine. Congrats on the win buddy.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Amen preach it brother no class at all to keep the starters in against our reserves, IMO put your young kids in and let them get game experience seems to me like the coach was more worried about his reputation and ego than he was about the future of the program.

I agree and kind of disagree I guess. I’ve seen it first hand against us, and it really pisses me off. I won’t say which team or teams have done it, but I kept waiting for their reserves to be put it. The only reason I disagree with you is if they have a young team, who needs the experience. THATS IT. If the coach is trying to save face I think it makes it more embarrassing for them. But like I said, if you’ve got 3 or 4 juniors and a bunch of sophomores starting, I guess it’s a little different.
BTW, sorry to hear about smith. It don’t sound to awful bad so that’s good. Still hate to see anything remotely like that happen. It seems the injury bug is hitting everywhere this season. Good luck and speedy recovery
Hound05 Wrote:I agree and kind of disagree I guess. I’ve seen it first hand against us, and it really pisses me off. I won’t say which team or teams have done it, but I kept waiting for their reserves to be put it. The only reason I disagree with you is if they have a young team, who needs the experience. THATS IT. If the coach is trying to save face I think it makes it more embarrassing for them. But like I said, if you’ve got 3 or 4 juniors and a bunch of sophomores starting, I guess it’s a little different.

I believe I heard the radio guy say that Collins was a senior dominated team this season.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I believe I heard the radio guy say that Collins was a senior dominated team this season.

Then yea! That’s total BS. Just a coach saving face. Even though it’s more embarrassing to me to do that. Last game of the season, by all means, keep them in. They won’t get to play this game again for most. 4th game of the year that really don’t mean much, you’re just asking for trouble. What’s to gain? For the kids at least? They’re really just helping BC get varsity reps for their younger guys.
I see it as they are 0-5 and maybe they need every minute of play to try and get better before districts??? Just a different view from an outside perspective. You guys know these teams/coaches much better than I do. I can totally believe the other scenario is possible.
Glory_Days Wrote:I see it as they are 0-5 and maybe they need every minute of play to try and get better before districts??? Just a different view from an outside perspective. You guys know these teams/coaches much better than I do. I can totally believe the other scenario is possible.

I can agree for maybe the third qtr but Boyle had all starters out halfway thru the third and all of the fourth. I'm usually fine with things like this but it was pathetic imo.

If I was a parent of a younger kid on their side I would have been very upset. There was no reason to play the varsity that long.
Chuck and Boyle doing what they do
FoSho Wrote:IMO we are way too nice.

Hound05 Wrote:Then yea! That’s total BS. Just a coach saving face. Even though it’s more embarrassing to me to do that. Last game of the season, by all means, keep them in. They won’t get to play this game again for most. 4th game of the year that really don’t mean much, you’re just asking for trouble. What’s to gain? For the kids at least? They’re really just helping BC get varsity reps for their younger guys.

About the "we are too nice" comment. I've seen Chuck onside kick up 40 points early in the second qtr. It was never about running the score up and it was always about working on what his team needed to work on. If you're winning that easy you may wonder what else can they work on but that's Chuck's business and he is always working on what his team needs to be able to do in round 3, 4, and 5. Doesn't care if your feelings are hurt either. It's about making his team better, but.........you make a lot of enemies that way. I've never heard anyone say Boyle was too nice. I've been on opposite sidelines for many of those games and man the visceral hatred that came up when that stuff was happening was intense. But it literally had nothing to do with the other team. It was about his team and making them better.

About the reserves playing, I remember back when Nebraska was rolling everyone every year and early one season they talked bout having to replace 4 or 5 interior linemen and how the would hurt them and one of their coaches said that several of the second string from the previous year actually had gotten more reps than the starters that year because they were winning so easily. So in essence they never had inexperienced linemen. It's like they had 10 starters each year. That's how the good teams seem to reload instead of replace. The reserves get a lot of game snaps before they are starters.