Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BIGGEST Backfield in 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts on the BIGGEST backfield in 2007. Lets do total weight and individual weights and see who has the biggest backfield. I am willing to guess that Russell has to be listed in the top 5 in the state as for size this year. This is just a guess but I want to hear from you guys out there.
Hard to know for sure, as one of Belfry's is still undecided

That said

May 6'2" 220
Ivan Lee 6'1" (guess) 240
Third guy ???? (probably) 5'8" 150 if the past is any indicator

NO blazing speed in this backfield, but May and Lee should be a load.
what is russell team backs going to be like this year,i heard the jones kid is moving to featured back what about the others,i know the jones kid flat run over one of the belfry players last year toward the need of the game when he ran a bootleg...i hope they meet for a 4th straight year,but it wont be in the semi's this year..go pirates
cuppett777 Wrote:what is russell team backs going to be like this year,i heard the jones kid is moving to featured back what about the others,i know the jones kid flat run over one of the belfry players last year toward the need of the game when he ran a bootleg...i hope they meet for a 4th straight year,but it wont be in the semi's this year..go pirates

I would like to see Tyler moved to feature back. That is his position and where he wants to be. You are right when you say he ran over someone. I have seen him level many people on that bootleg. Look for him, Drew Abrams and ??? to be in the backfield this year. Sorry I can't think of a third person right now.
^^^ David Baily and Josh Hopper will have roles to play in the 2007 Red Devil backfield also.
Jones at QB 6-1, 220
Abrams at feature- 6-1, 210
Hopper at full- 6-1 195
Bailey at wing- 5-10. 195
Cordle may sub at times, but this is what I have heard so far.
820 pounds and an average of 205, speed is there and the strength is Definitley there this year.
Good luck to the Devils this year and I cant wait to see them play.
why do you say abrams will be feature back
Why did I say that Jones would QB??????
I think,and the key word is think, that Drew will run the feature back position. I am not going to debate why or not saying anything about Bailey, But has Bailey been working out and lifting, has he dedicated his time to the position????
I am not sating anything bad about anyone, but past experience has shown,,,,,If you dedicate yourself you can be the one. Now BIZ, since you have the unfair advantage of actually being with the players on this team..... that makes my PREDICTION stand out a little more.
Like I said- feature back only means that the position will have more attempts than the other backs. FEATURE does not mean a classification of status,rank or ability.
Just more attempts.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Jones at QB 6-1, 220
Abrams at feature- 6-1, 210
Hopper at full- 6-1 195
Bailey at wing- 5-10. 195
Cordle may sub at times, but this is what I have heard so far.
820 pounds and an average of 205, speed is there and the strength is Definitley there this year.
Good luck to the Devils this year and I cant wait to see them play.
Baily is nowwhere near 195.
Bailey-180-sorry for the 15 pound diff, and I always can count on FBALL to do the corrections. Thanks !!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Bailey-180-sorry for the 15 pound diff, and I always can count on FBALL to do the corrections. Thanks !!!!
He's not 180 either. 160 would be more realistic. I think you need to take 10-15 pounds off of each of them to be correct.

If I had to guess.

Jones 6'0" 205
Abrams 6'0" 190
Hopper 6'0" 185
Bailey 5'8" 160

You are right about the speed and strength though. Very good things comming from the off season in the weight room.
I spoke to Hopper Tuesday night aqnd he weighs 195, Jones is absolutely HUGE, so is Drew. I spoke to His dad this week and he can confirm his gains. Drew has lived in the weight room, and all he does is work out and speed training. Bailey on the other hand i DONT KNOW. I do know that when we go to the power-I this year there will be no guards inthe backfield. Yes you are right about the speed and size. This is why I think they will have the Biggest Backfield in AAA.
What about those 2 big boys from Fleming Co last year? One was a Freshman starting Varsity.
Nobody has posted on Fleming so I dont know....
Abrams is about 200
jones aboud 210
BAILEY he is actually about 180
hopper about 190

and for Strength Abrams bench 300, squat 325, deadlift 500, cleans 240,
Jones bench 330, deadlift 550 or somewhere around there, clean 270, squat about 350
DevilsWin Wrote:What about those 2 big boys from Fleming Co last year? One was a Freshman starting Varsity.
The Freshman was Nutter and he weighed about 240 last year and started.