Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does or Did your team having a losing Streak?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is breaking news to the sports world, but UK finally beat Florida after 31 consecutive losses..... in case you hadn't heard that yet.

That brings up a topic of discussion..... Does or did your team have a losing streak?

Try to use this criteria as a guide.
- Needs to be at least ten straight varsity losses. Don't use Frosh or JV.
- Games must be within a ten year time span.
EX. If the ten game total comes from games in the 1940's and a few games in the 1990's, that won't count. Even though that may be ten or more straight losses, in high school sports, anything more than ten years apart is a completely different era.
EX. 1976, 1981, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1996, 2001, 2008.... this type of time line is what I'm talking about. Even though these games would be over a thirty year span, no game went more than ten years apart. If the games are in some type of reoccurring fashion that don't exceed ten years, then you are good.

- You can use consolidated schools or feeder schools.
EX. Floyd Central consolidated from Allen Central & South Floyd. Neither of these teams have beat Prestonsburg since the 80s. I don't think South Floyd ever beat Pburg.

So lets hear it.... tell us about your team's streak.
Tell us if the streak is still ongoing.
Tell us when the streak got broken.
Johnson Central's only streak was 24 straight losses to Belfry. 1971 through 2008. Belfry does have one forfeit loss in that time period, but they won the game.... so I'm not counting that. You gotta earn the win on the field.

2009 is when the streak ended.
Boyle County lost 19 straight games to Danville from 1980 to 1996. (In case you are wondering some of those matchups were in the playoffs of AA in the early 90's)

Boyle went 0-9 in 1967 and 1968. That was after going 9-0, 7-3, 7-2-2, and 5-2-2 I think in their first four years. (Or something like that)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson Central's only streak was 24 straight losses to Belfry. 1971 through 2008. Belfry does have one forfeit loss in that time period, but they won the game.... so I'm not counting that. You gotta earn the win on the field.

2009 is when the streak ended.
What happened with the forfeit? I’ve never heard about that one?
It hasn’t been in the last 10 years but Lynn camp for the longest time never had a win over corbin. I’m pretty sure it was decades, and then in the late 90’s they beat us in the panorama, which doesn’t really count. I’d like to know the actual numbers if anyone has them??