Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 31 Henry Clay 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to the Silver Fox.

Southwestern 4-0 for the first time in school history.
Way to go Warriors!
Southwestern is looking like the real deal.
Be interesting to see how things work out in playoffs
Drew Sawyers is absolutely a stud!!! One of the best football players I’ve watched! There is not a kid in the state of ky that means more to their team than this kid. If SW gets their passing game together and stay healthy they can compete. The big 3 in 5A are unreal and to say SW could compete with those would be a stretch in most people’s opinion but I believe they are knocking on the door. They MUST get JP Vaught involved and when/if that happens, watch out! Henry Clay put 9 in the box with backers 4 yards off line of scrimmage and couldn’t stop the run. X factor in coming weeks is the pass game. It’s gonna be interesting folks and if you want to see an exciting, heck of a football player come out to SW Friday night and catch Drew Sawyers aka (Drewbie 29)lol..
Southwestern has talent. But they must get a new offensive play caller. They have a good offensive line and some great receivers, but fail to even attempt the pass. Can a Head Coach with that kind of experience think the coach that calls the offense should be in his position. They have one receiver that is one of the fastest kids in the state, and he does not include him in the offense???. They have another receiver that looks to be 6'5 -'6'6, and can not get it to him??? Maybe I'm wrong. Never coach before, but I been around football enough to see the obvious..
NewBlood23 Wrote:Southwestern has talent. But they must get a new offensive play caller. They have a good offensive line and some great receivers, but fail to even attempt the pass. Can a Head Coach with that kind of experience think the coach that calls the offense should be in his position. They have one receiver that is one of the fastest kids in the state, and he does not include him in the offense???. They have another receiver that looks to be 6'5 -'6'6, and can not get it to him??? Maybe I'm wrong. Never coach before, but I been around football enough to see the obvious..

obvious point number 1, you average 34.3 ppg for the last 5 years (33.75 this year) since his son has called the plays and you want to fire him? Obvious point number 2, they don't have anyone listed as 6'5 or 6'6. Obvious point number 3, you have a converted RB playing QB, last time a true QB was under center you guys had over 2,300 passing yards in a season per the KHSAA. Why force throwing the football to make parents and uncles happy when you have them outnumbered in the box. That fast receiver you mentioned also has 25 touches on the year 6.2 per game which is up from last season and his production is down. That tells me he is probably being double covered and has pulled an extra defender out of the box. Also a pass has gone into the air 42 times this year, that's an average of over 10 per game, contrary to the statement that they fail to even attempt a pass. That does not include the times that your running QB has pulled the ball down and ran on pass plays. I wish Meade County was 4-0 against 4 6A teams right now, averaging 34 points per game, last time I talked to the Old Man about his old fishing hole he said he was having trouble finding people to help coach. Instead of getting on a message board and bashing a coach (a successful one at that) maybe you can do something constructive and offer up your services, if you truly have that much experience around football. I'm guessing from what you have stated your experience probably centers around Madden and NCAA, and if you are missing a player you probably just create one.

Welcome to BGR and congrats on your 1st post. Good luck the rest of the season Warriors, you've got several guys from Meade County that continue to follow every year.
Agree with DDP5. They really don't have a quarterback. Just a Rb playing QB. He does throw a better ball than some think but they have to roll him out a lot to help his vision of the field. He's not the tallest qb around ya know. Plus they had a very long pass td that didn't happen friday because the wide open pass was dropped. So there goes about 65 yards worth of passing stats and a passing and receiving TD that didn't happen and it had nothing to do with the Offensive coordinator. Pretty sure that the offensive coordinator would love to show off a monster passing game since he was a pretty good Qb himself but you have to use the talents you have. 34 points a game and 4-0 soon to be 5-0 for the first time in programs history and we need to fire the play caller. Kills me. Just goes to show you that it doesn't matter what you do there is always somebody not happy.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Drew Sawyers is absolutely a stud!!! One of the best football players I’ve watched! There is not a kid in the state of ky that means more to their team than this kid. If SW gets their passing game together and stay healthy they can compete. The big 3 in 5A are unreal and to say SW could compete with those would be a stretch in most people’s opinion but I believe they are knocking on the door. They MUST get JP Vaught involved and when/if that happens, watch out! Henry Clay put 9 in the box with backers 4 yards off line of scrimmage and couldn’t stop the run. X factor in coming weeks is the pass game. It’s gonna be interesting folks and if you want to see an exciting, heck of a football player come out to SW Friday night and catch Drew Sawyers aka (Drewbie 29)lol..

They are strong for sure.
64black&gold Wrote:Agree with DDP5. They really don't have a quarterback. Just a Rb playing QB. He does throw a better ball than some think but they have to roll him out a lot to help his vision of the field. He's not the tallest qb around ya know. Plus they had a very long pass td that didn't happen friday because the wide open pass was dropped. So there goes about 65 yards worth of passing stats and a passing and receiving TD that didn't happen and it had nothing to do with the Offensive coordinator. Pretty sure that the offensive coordinator would love to show off a monster passing game since he was a pretty good Qb himself but you have to use the talents you have. 34 points a game and 4-0 soon to be 5-0 for the first time in programs history and we need to fire the play caller. Kills me. Just goes to show you that it doesn't matter what you do there is always somebody not happy.

Who is the coordinator?
pjdoug Wrote:Who is the coordinator?

Steven French. Larry's son.

Defensive Coord. is William Blair. Played on Rockcastle's state runner up squad, Head coach at Trimble, Assistant at Boyle with Larry and now at Southwestern with Larry.
Warriors may be crossing over to a new level this year. They have been on the brink of being very good for several years.
64black&gold Wrote:Steven French. Larry's son.

Defensive Coord. is William Blair. Played on Rockcastle's state runner up squad, Head coach at Trimble, Assistant at Boyle with Larry and now at Southwestern with Larry.

My team needs to recruit him. lol
E's Army Wrote:Warriors may be crossing over to a new level this year. They have been on the brink of being very good for several years.

I think at 4-0 it is settled that the Warriors have crossed to that new level. Cannot doubt the record.
factsonlyplease Wrote:I think at 4-0 it is settled that the Warriors have crossed to that new level. Cannot doubt the record.
Larry French is a solid coach. I knew he would have the Warriors playing tough, if he stayed there long enough.