Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fredrick Douglas 43 Lafayette 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another running clock in the 1st half for Freddy D.
Congrats to Freddie Douglas
Nice win FD, they just keep getting better!
Way to go Douglass!
These horses are for real.
Well that's what happens when you let Douglass dip into others program throughout the city and Fayette school district and KHSAA turns the other way.... they can and will get any players they want.
FBfan4life Wrote:Well that's what happens when you let Douglass dip into others program throughout the city and Fayette school district and KHSAA turns the other way.... they can and will get any players they want.

Eh, football in Lexington is so weak it wouldn't surprise me if all it took to get this level of success is just to have a school with a good coach and the right facilities.
Fayette County schools have underachieved for years. Only took one of them to care a smidgen for it to stand out and start getting players from across the district. Hopefully they don't go full Fairview.
FBfan4life Wrote:Well that's what happens when you let Douglass dip into others program throughout the city and Fayette school district and KHSAA turns the other way.... they can and will get any players they want.
I know and that's sad.
CarzyRock Wrote:Eh, football in Lexington is so weak it wouldn't surprise me if all it took to get this level of success is just to have a school with a good coach and the right facilities.

What is the definiton of good coach? lol
Can FD compete for the 6A East?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Can FD compete for the 6A East?

probably not.
pjdoug Wrote:What is the definiton of good coach? lol

One that can instill discipline into the program and bring individual players together into a cohesive team. A man that can create offensive and defensive schemes that work with the strength of his players and get kids to buy into his system, following where he leads.

Lafayette is the perfect example of a team that has had tons of talent in the past, including 2016 when they had two senior 5 star D1 recruits, and yet they lost to better coached teams with less talent. And once that talent graduated look where they are now.
They can't get by Scott County.
CarzyRock Wrote:One that can instill discipline into the program and bring individual players together into a cohesive team. A man that can create offensive and defensive schemes that work with the strength of his players and get kids to buy into his system, following where he leads.

Lafayette is the perfect example of a team that has had tons of talent in the past, including 2016 when they had two senior 5 star D1 recruits, and yet they lost to better coached teams with less talent. And once that talent graduated look where they are now.

I'm not sure if there is a good coach in Lexington then.

Cardinals could win it all.
E's Army Wrote:They can't get by Scott County.

I believe they have a shot this year.

They can compete, but Scott County has gotta be the favorites. The Cardinals are looking strong this year.

pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure if there is a good coach in Lexington then.

Coach Smith at LexCath and Coach Landis at FD might qualify but they're only a year or two into their jobs so it's difficult to judge this early. Everyone else? I agree with you completely.
SC has bigger fish to fry, they do not even think about FD until the week of. SC will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I've seen both play. I realize that FD is super fast, but SC isn't slow and will hit you as FD found out last year, Coach Landis himself said how beat up they were after the game. FD will be so jacked and it will be just another game to SC. I think SC beat FD worse than any team in the district last year. I'm still not sure FD is better than Henry Clay, compare the schedules, not even close. FD is playing well and have some players and good coaching hope everybody stays healthy.
Not a fan of any Lexington school, but if Henry Clay played FD schedule they would be 4-0. Does anyone disagree? Get tired of the FD hype and the McCheats as someone called them.
Look at the kids Douglas has on their team now, that started at other teams last year. How does that happen? I bet you not one of them moved into Douglas district! It is ridiculous the KHSAA allows this to go on some OPENLY in front of everyones eyes and does nothing. It's sad to be honest.
Not all had to move. There is an African-American(I think it still is) all-boys academy called Carter G. Woodson on FD campus( Im sure that's why they had to play in 6A with a 4A enrollment). Before last year if you were enrolled in that program you had to go to school in your district, because there wasn't a stand alone school they operated out of a middle school. When Douglass was built the FCPS built a building for them on Douglass campus, so they all had to go to that school and had to play for FD. Some of there players are in that program so its on the up and up, but a lot them including 10 new transfers I was told are not even in that program and some do not even live in Fayette. I know two for a fact that live outside Fayette, not sure how they are getting away with what they are doing. Heard that the Academy was looking to have a campus of there own soon, that would crush them. Just some info if you didn't know.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:SC has bigger fish to fry, they do not even think about FD until the week of. SC will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I've seen both play. I realize that FD is super fast, but SC isn't slow and will hit you as FD found out last year, Coach Landis himself said how beat up they were after the game. FD will be so jacked and it will be just another game to SC. I think SC beat FD worse than any team in the district last year. I'm still not sure FD is better than Henry Clay, compare the schedules, not even close. FD is playing well and have some players and good coaching hope everybody stays healthy.

I respectfully disagree on almost all of your points. There is no "bigger fish to fry" for SC. Winning the district is considerably more important than winning any other single game and they can't win the district without beating FD. I don't think there is a significant edge either way on the LOS. This is one of the least athletic SC teams I have seen in several years and FD may be the most athletic team I have seen in several years. As for the Henry Clay comparison, it's not even close. FD is significantly better regardless of the competition level they have played. It would not surprise me if FD put a running clock on them. Just my opinion FWIW.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Not all had to move. There is an African-American(I think it still is) all-boys academy called Carter G. Woodson on FD campus( Im sure that's why they had to play in 6A with a 4A enrollment). Before last year if you were enrolled in that program you had to go to school in your district, because there wasn't a stand alone school they operated out of a middle school. When Douglass was built the FCPS built a building for them on Douglass campus, so they all had to go to that school and had to play for FD. Some of there players are in that program so its on the up and up, but a lot them including 10 new transfers I was told are not even in that program and some do not even live in Fayette. I know two for a fact that live outside Fayette, not sure how they are getting away with what they are doing. Heard that the Academy was looking to have a campus of there own soon, that would crush them. Just some info if you didn't know.

The only way this stops is if people stand up and report them. If you "know for a fact" then go to the KHSAA and report them.
ironfist13 Wrote:Look at the kids Douglas has on their team now, that started at other teams last year. How does that happen? I bet you not one of them moved into Douglas district! It is ridiculous the KHSAA allows this to go on some OPENLY in front of everyones eyes and does nothing. It's sad to be honest.
This ain't the only place it happens. What can be done about it?
Frank Martin Wrote:I respectfully disagree on almost all of your points. There is no "bigger fish to fry" for SC. Winning the district is considerably more important than winning any other single game and they can't win the district without beating FD. I don't think there is a significant edge either way on the LOS. This is one of the least athletic SC teams I have seen in several years and FD may be the most athletic team I have seen in several years. As for the Henry Clay comparison, it's not even close. FD is significantly better regardless of the competition level they have played. It would not surprise me if FD put a running clock on them. Just my opinion FWIW.

Everybody has there opinions nothing wrong with that, but Frank Im telling you there lines will dominate both sides of the ball and not even close- unless they have brought about 10 new linemen transfers in(which is possible), it aint happening. SC crushed there lines last year and SC only lost 2 linemen from last year team. So what has changed? SC has won the district like 13 yrs in a roll so the importance is not the same as it is to FD, they are trying to get nationally known not sure if they can, but I do understand what you are saying. You are thinking that next weeks district games are more important, cant argue with that.
SC has never been athletic from what I have seen that's not how they win. I have went to some Scott County games and in warm-ups I ask myself how are they going to keep up with teams. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has said that
Frank Martin Wrote:I respectfully disagree on almost all of your points. There is no "bigger fish to fry" for SC. Winning the district is considerably more important than winning any other single game and they can't win the district without beating FD. I don't think there is a significant edge either way on the LOS. This is one of the least athletic SC teams I have seen in several years and FD may be the most athletic team I have seen in several years. As for the Henry Clay comparison, it's not even close. FD is significantly better regardless of the competition level they have played. It would not surprise me if FD put a running clock on them. Just my opinion FWIW.

Question for you Frank then I will leave this alone- Like typing football with you, you seem to be a football guy. What team that FD has played so far that you think Henry Clay would lose to or even would be a close game?
Why are you all so jealous of FD? Also, Trinity, St X, and SC recruit from out of state.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:SC has never been athletic from what I have seen that's not how they win. I have went to some Scott County games and in warm-ups I ask myself how are they going to keep up with teams. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has said that

Can't argue with that. I have sat at their games and said the same thing. Also, I said FD has a shot not that they are the favorite. A couple big plays by all those athletes at FD and you never know.
Pages: 1 2