Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle 34 Danville 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congratulations to Boyle County on their win in the rivalry game
Congrats BC. The radio report on our end acted like it was kinda close for a little while. Looks like boyle blew it open after that. I’d like to go back and watch this game just to see how Danville played them scheme wise ok defense.
Man....that was a tough game that will help both teams a ton moving forward.

Ads have a great HC and OL/DL.
Hound05 Wrote:Congrats BC. The radio report on our end acted like it was kinda close for a little while. Looks like boyle blew it open after that. I’d like to go back and watch this game just to see how Danville played them scheme wise ok defense.

It was 14-0 Danville after 1, 34-3 after that. After the first qtr the Ads had one play for about 50 yards and almost nothing else.

Boyle definetly has some things to work on and I'm sure they will.
Way to go Rebels!
FoSho Wrote:It was 14-0 Danville after 1, 34-3 after that. After the first qtr the Ads had one play for about 50 yards and almost nothing else.

Boyle definetly has some things to work on and I'm sure they will.

Wow!! They failed to mention that on the radio update. Danville def has the ability to put up points if you sleep on them. We all have things to work on though.

Your assessment of the OLine is interesting. I wasn’t much impressed with them. We didn’t blitz the whole night but maybe one LB 2-3 times the whole game and we’re getting pressure on them the whole night with just our front 4. I don’t look much into scores from common opponents like we discussed in another thread. But that is very interesting about the Oline assessment. I thought their Dline was good. But their pass D against us was atrocious. I know me and you talked about the difference in offensive QB’s we have and how they had to play true because of ours running ability. Did Boyle carve them up passing as well and did they play back more, cheating more for the pass?
Congrats Rebels. The Ads need to keep their heads up. Nothing wrong losing to a team like this. Boyle is a Monster!
Hound05 Wrote:Wow!! They failed to mention that on the radio update. Danville def has the ability to put up points if you sleep on them. We all have things to work on though.

Your assessment of the OLine is interesting. I wasn’t much impressed with them. We didn’t blitz the whole night but maybe one LB 2-3 times the whole game and we’re getting pressure on them the whole night with just our front 4. I don’t look much into scores from common opponents like we discussed in another thread. But that is very interesting about the Oline assessment. I thought their Dline was good. But their pass D against us was atrocious. I know me and you talked about the difference in offensive QB’s we have and how they had to play true because of ours running ability. Did Boyle carve them up passing as well and did they play back more, cheating more for the pass?

Boyle must have had over 250 yards passing. Their OL played well in the first qtr but our D took over after that. We had a few sacks and I think their QB ran for around 50 yards and might have thrown for 100.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle must have had over 250 yards passing. Their OL played well in the first qtr but our D took over after that. We had a few sacks and I think their QB ran for around 50 yards and might have thrown for 100.

Sounds like Boyle woke up and put their foot down.
Congrats to Boyle
Boyle was very lucky tonight.....
Score was surprising
FoSho Wrote:Boyle must have had over 250 yards passing. Their OL played well in the first qtr but our D took over after that. We had a few sacks and I think their QB ran for around 50 yards and might have thrown for 100.
Boyle definitely the better team, Danville gave 10 yard cushion on most of Boyle’s pass routes maybe Clevenger thought it was necessary to keep Boyle from getting big pass plays. Danville was a shoe string tackle away from going up 21-20 in the third quarter Boyle’ defense holds Danville to a field goal. The last touchdown by Boyle had a lot to do with Danville having to go for it on 4th down, not making it and giving Boyle a short field, heard a Guy on Boyle’s side say the game was closer than final score indicated. I’m not trying to take anything away from Boyle. I really thought they would put a running clock on Danville. My apologies to the Ads. In my opinion Boyle has a ways to go to get where they were last year, getting Crawford will probably help, Bartleson has speed but doesn’t have the power to break tackles like Crawford. I want to see how Boyle’s defense does when they have to deal with a good passing threat that Danville doesn’t have at this point.

Right on the money almost ..244..... From the stats I saw Boyle only had 126 yards rushing but with 3 TDs.
ThinThirty Wrote:Boyle definitely the better team, Danville gave 10 yard cushion on most of Boyle’s pass routes maybe Clevenger thought it was necessary to keep Boyle from getting big pass plays. Danville was a shoe string tackle away from going up 21-20 in the third quarter Boyle’ defense holds Danville to a field goal. The last touchdown by Boyle had a lot to do with Danville having to go for it on 4th down, not making it and giving Boyle a short field, heard a Guy on Boyle’s side say the game was closer than final score indicated. I’m not trying to take anything away from Boyle. I really thought they would put a running clock on Danville. My apologies to the Ads. In my opinion Boyle has a ways to go to get where they were last year, getting Crawford will probably help, Bartleson has speed but doesn’t have the power to break tackles like Crawford. I want to see how Boyle’s defense does when they have to deal with a good passing threat that Danville doesn’t have at this point.

Boyles problem is OL, not our RB...the OL has its moments but has/will improve and we'll be fine.

Danville played pretty good. Cleavenger is a really good coach but Boyle did what they had to do. The Ads came out confident and had a great first qtr. After that it was really all Rebels outside of one play.

I would say Danville wanted to keep the WR in front of them and did well all night with that. Boyle got screwed on the long TD pass to Bartleson before halftime...it was a catch and was in bounds (the refs missed several calls). We had too many dropped passes and we'll need to correct that......and again, we will.

The punt return by Colwick was sick and a HUGE play in the game. The kid is a gamer.
FoSho Wrote:Boyles problem is OL, not our RB...the OL has its moments but has/will improve and we'll be fine.

Danville played pretty good. Cleavenger is a really good coach but Boyle did what they had to do. The Ads came out confident and had a great first qtr. After that it was really all Rebels outside of one play.

I would say Danville wanted to keep the WR in front of them and did well all night with that. Boyle got screwed on the long TD pass to Bartleson before halftime...it was a catch and was in bounds (the refs missed several calls). We had too many dropped passes and we'll need to correct that......and again, we will.

The punt return by Colwick was sick and a HUGE play in the game. The kid is a gamer.
is he good as Smith?
pjdoug Wrote:is he good as Smith?

Not hardly but he is young and has done well. He gets EVERYTHING out of his kids.

The problem is the talent level is going to take another hit after this season.
FoSho Wrote:Boyles problem is OL, not our RB...the OL has its moments but has/will improve and we'll be fine.

I usually agree with you on most things but from where I set the RB position is just as much the problem as the O-line, Boyle’s line is pass blocking pretty good and IMO run blocking pretty good too but if the running back doesn’t hit the hole before it starts to close then it’s not going to be a productive play at this point #22 is doing a much better job than #24 is and you think it would be just the opposite as fast as #24 is, if and when Tanner Crawford returns the running game will be really good but this team needs #44 in the backfield to make the offense click.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I usually agree with you on most things but from where I set the RB position is just as much the problem as the O-line, Boyle’s line is pass blocking pretty good and IMO run blocking pretty good too but if the running back doesn’t hit the hole before it starts to close then it’s not going to be a productive play at this point #22 is doing a much better job than #24 is and you think it would be just the opposite as fast as #24 is, if and when Tanner Crawford returns the running game will be really good but this team needs #44 in the backfield to make the offense click.

I don't disagree on your assessment of #22, he does a great job. However, #24 manned up big time in the second half but he needs to learn how to hit the hole and at times not outrun his blockers which he did much better in the second half.

Boyle Co has a stretch of games now where all of these "issues" will be taken care of and they will fine tune the offense and start preparing for LexCath.