Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 54 Bryan Station 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Monsoon weather!!
Congrats belfry. How’d the defense look tonight? Was all 21 on the varsity?
Hound05 Wrote:Congrats belfry. How’d the defense look tonight? Was all 21 on the varsity?

Defense looked ok. 13 was scored on starting D.
Congratulations to the Pirates good win
Congrats to Pirates.
Congrats Belfry.
Belfry looked much better tonight but BS was terrible so I really can’t tell where there at I guess the Pikeville game will tell us much more about this team good luck Big Red lets get a little better each week.
Coach Haywood's teams will get better each week and would not want to play them come playoff time.
There is something wrong when I look at this score and think that it was much closer than I figured it would be especially when you consider it was a 6A opponent and as Granny Bear stated, it was played in a monsoon. Congrats Pirates.
Tie game 7-7 in the first quarter, Belfry outscores BS 21-6 with a late TD in the 2nd quarter. At the half it was 28-13. After the half Belfry flatout turned it on scoring 26 unanswered until a garbage score for BS in the 4th.

Turnovers killed BS and like last year, they just could not contain the FB or stop the run.

Belfry still has to clean up a few little things on defense and the offense just needs to find a rhythm. Still alot of miscues and at times a bit of confusion on what they are running. The Pikeville game will be a huge test for these young Pirates.

Side note: Last years game against BS was also played in a monsoon in what was remnants of a hurricane. If I'm not mistaken, next years game in Lexington is the last one in the contract.