Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: VT Killer Sent a Package to NBC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometime after he killed two people in a Virginia university dormitory but before he slaughtered 30 more in a classroom building, Cho Seung-Hui mailed NBC News a large package including photographs and videos Monday morning, boasting, “When the time came, I did it. I had to.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/
The parts of the video that I have seen are very disturbing. He was just out of his mind.
I have not watched the videos yet. I just thought this was an interesting link.

It didn't take me long to figure out he was insane. But this is just getting more and more complicated.
The video is ridiculous, the guys obviously out of it. Just didn't like rich kids from what I gathered.
If he hated them that much then why didn't he just kill himself so he wouldn't have to suffer anymore. No need to take so many lives unnecessarily.
This is crazy...
Did anyone else think that retard sounded like Napolean Dynamite in the video?
YES!! That is exactly what we said when we watched it earlier
ComfortEagle Wrote:Did anyone else think that retard sounded like Napolean Dynamite in the video?
I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's exactly it.......

He's trying to be a martyr, trying to justify what he did.
BFritz Wrote:I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's exactly it.......

He's trying to be a martyr, trying to justify what he did.

No matter what he says there is absolutely no way he could justify doing something this horrific. I wish he would have just eaten the barrel and saved everyone all of the heartache.
Midee1 Wrote:No matter what he says there is absolutely no way he could justify doing something this horrific. I wish he would have just eaten the barrel and saved everyone all of the heartache.

If you watch it, he's reading from cards the whole time, which obviously means that he's just trying to be a martyr because if he was just talking from his own mind, he wouldn't need a script.
Midee1 Wrote:Sometime after he killed two people in a Virginia university dormitory but before he slaughtered 30 more in a classroom building, Cho Seung-Hui mailed NBC News a large package including photographs and videos Monday morning, boasting, “When the time came, I did it. I had to.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/
I don't think NBC should've aired the video. This morning several parents & loved ones were sceduled to appear on the TODAY show & deceided not to because they aired this video.They thought Hui was still getting the last word & was doing exactly what he planned.Yes,I did watch this video.
BFritz Wrote:If you watch it, he's reading from cards the whole time, which obviously means that he's just trying to be a martyr because if he was just talking from his own mind, he wouldn't need a script.

True he is trying to be a martyr but I would still have rather had him eat the end of the barrel and save all of these lives. But that is a whole other discussion.
My friend posted this:
Quote:I got off Facebook because I was so annoyed with all of the Virgina Tech ribbons and the "support Va Tech groups." So don't think that I am dead.

No one who was affected by the shootings cares that you are wearing a black t shirt to "support" the victims. You aren't supporting anything.

I am so mad.

And he kind of has a point. I got texts saying
Quote:when 32 students went to school today, they didn't know they'd never get to tell anyone that they loved them ever again. Send this to everyone in your phone book that you love and don't want to see die.

It pisses me off. They died, it's unfortunate, mourn them, but you don't have to tell everyone about it and act like you're suicidal sad and like it was your family. On top of that, most of the people who send those could care less.

That's how our world is today though
BFritz Wrote:My friend posted this:

It pisses me off. They died, it's unfortunate, mourn them, but you don't have to tell everyone about it and act like you're suicidal sad and like it was your family. On top of that, most of the people who send those could care less.

I can't speak for everyone else but I put the ribbon up to show my support because it's the least that I can do. I did it because I am sorry for the family and friends of the victims. It's hard enough to lose someone you love but losing them in this way and having to mourn in front of the world is a different story. It's my little way of showing that I care. If I had lose someone in the shooting then personally I would feel good knowing that people around the world cared. By seeing the ribbons, shirts, signs, etc. it would comfort me knowing that someone cared enough about my child, friend, loved one without even knowing them to show that they were sorry for what happened...
BFritz Wrote:My friend posted this:

Then again, it could be because I go to school 3 hours away and we consider it a sister school. Not to mention I know people that go to VT.

But seeing the reaction of people and having it hit so close to where I live, does make me care. There were around 6-7 hundred VT alumni here the Tuesday after the shooting and then another couple hundred on Friday for the State-wide day of mourning. It touches some people more than others.

Maybe some did it just because, but others did it truly out of respect to all the victims and their family/friends.