Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Frederick Douglass 8/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts and predictions 🤘🏻
Fred Doug by 30.
This game is a no brainer. FD’s freshman will get playing time. No disrespect to paintsville, but this is just a David vs Goliath, and David doesn’t have his sling shot. Oh an Goliath has a machine gun.
Don’t count Paintsville out yet. They may not win but they have a shot to be competitive.
Freddie Douglas by 10
Close for a while........

FDU - 41
PHS - 21
This game will be a running clock in the 1st half IMO.
Not even close to competitive. No offense to Paintsville but they are severely out matched in this one. I am not an FD fan at all for a number of reasons but their 2nd team across the board is bigger, faster, stronger and better than Paintsville.
FD will win but for those saying Paintsville will get manhandled simply haven't seen them play. Paintsville is huge up front. Not just big for a 1A team but really big. FD will have better overall athletes simply due to size of the school. I guarantee that Paintsville will hold it's own or win the line of scrimmage battles.
Hate to step on anyone toes but this at least in my opinion will not be no running clock, Paintsville I think will be the best defense that Fredrick Douglas has face all year. Paintsville will stand toe to toe with them and it will be a low scoring game Paintsville may lose but they will give them a game good luck to the Tigers and hope for a injury free game for both teams
I will be surprised if Paintsville scores in the 1st half.
FD-42
PHS-7
1A vs 6A = wrong year,wrong team.:why:

Frederick Douglass 49
Paintsville 07
Frederick Douglass 35-7
Hound05 Wrote:This game is a no brainer. FD’s freshman will get playing time. No disrespect to paintsville, but this is just a David vs Goliath, and David doesn’t have his sling shot. Oh an Goliath has a machine gun.
You've been partying too hard. get some rest.
kywvfan Wrote:FD will win but for those saying Paintsville will get manhandled simply haven't seen them play. Paintsville is huge up front. Not just big for a 1A team but really big. FD will have better overall athletes simply due to size of the school. I guarantee that Paintsville will hold it's own or win the line of scrimmage battles.

The Tigers will get spanked.
Minimum 4 tds margin for Douglass.
I think it'll be competitive for a while but FD's athleticism and depth wins this. What's up with Frederick Douglass's scheduling?
Patriot1 Wrote:Hate to step on anyone toes but this at least in my opinion will not be no running clock, Paintsville I think will be the best defense that Fredrick Douglas has face all year. Paintsville will stand toe to toe with them and it will be a low scoring game Paintsville may lose but they will give them a game good luck to the Tigers and hope for a injury free game for both teams

Joking? Wayne County has a better defense.
pjdoug Wrote:Joking? Wayne County has a better defense.

You are good but you don’t know that but really no one does because Paintsville hasn’t had to show anything yet but I believe they will have to play a excellent game to stay in this one. Have watched these guys a few years now and they can be really good but we will see
I think Paintsville will have a better showing than some expect, but Douglass will pull away in the 2nd half and win by 3 or 4 scores.

Hopefully the Tigers leave Lexington healthy and are at full strength when they make the short drive down US 23 in 2 weeks.
Paintsville won't be able to hang in this one.
Frederick Douglas 42
Paintsville 10
Paintsville’s defense should be able to slow down FD but I just don’t see where the Tigers will get their offense from. They don’t really have the speed on the outside or the strength to pound it up the middle on FD so yards are going to be difficult to come by. The defense will start getting worn down and FD will pull away.

Fredrick Douglass 35
Paintsville 14
How’s the QB transfer from Knott County looking after their first game?
Spud6 Wrote:How’s the QB transfer from Knott County looking after their first game?

29 of 35. 528 yards. 9 Touchdown passes in two games.
Patriot1 Wrote:You are good but you don’t know that but really no one does because Paintsville hasn’t had to show anything yet but I believe they will have to play a excellent game to stay in this one. Have watched these guys a few years now and they can be really good but we will see
Actions speak louder than words. The Broncos will make a believer of you.
pjdoug Wrote:Actions speak louder than words. The Broncos will make a believer of you.

The Broncos is a name I really don’t like and they will never make a believer out of me. I could say the Pirates will make a believer out of you but you already believe so I am wasting my time
Fred Doug 42
Paintsville 14
Freddie D - 38
Paintsville - 12

Broncos too much.
Broncos 48
Tigers 14
Pages: 1 2 3 4