Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd Central @ Breathitt County (2018 Honey Bowl)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FCC comes in at 2-0 and BHS is at 0-2. This should be a very good game between two relatively evenly matched teams talent wise. Games like this usually are decided by who wins the turnover +/-.
Floyd by 16
Floyd Central 28 to14
Although, Perry Central got the best of the bobcats last week, I liked the fight they displayed. The bobcats could have laid down and quit in the fourth quarter, but they continued to fight until the clock hit 0.00. Offensively, you can see the growth in Ohara and this is a result of just gaining more experience. The timing in the passing game looked good in the second half, and I believe it's only a matter of time until the bobcats are putting up some serious numbers. Defensively, the bobcats continue to struggle against the run. If I'm not mistaken, they are giving up over 450 yard per game. They are simply giving up too many big plays. I think depth, hurts this unit, because a lot of these guys are playing both ways, but at the end of the day they have to be more disciplined. Floyd Central is going to present another challenge for the bobcats. The Jaguars like to run the ball down the throats of their opponents and one would think they are "licking their chops" at the opportunity to play against this defense. With that being said, I look for this game to be competitive, but until the bobcats can slow down an opposing teams running game, I can't be confident enough to pick them to win. Floyd Central wins by a score of 42-35. Good Luck Bobcats and prove me wrong.
Has anyone played Floyd Central? Are they for real? I know they have played a very weak schedule thus far so the wins they have had can not be looked at as accurate measuring units. Did they scrimmage anyone of note? And how did they do? I am not bashing the program, just trying to gauge the program strength. I do know they have outscored both opponants 88 to 12.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Although, Perry Central got the best of the bobcats last week, I liked the fight they displayed. The bobcats could have laid down and quit in the fourth quarter, but they continued to fight until the clock hit 0.00. Offensively, you can see the growth in Ohara and this is a result of just gaining more experience. The timing in the passing game looked good in the second half, and I believe it's only a matter of time until the bobcats are putting up some serious numbers. Defensively, the bobcats continue to struggle against the run. If I'm not mistaken, they are giving up over 450 yard per game. They are simply giving up too many big plays. I think depth, hurts this unit, because a lot of these guys are playing both ways, but at the end of the day they have to be more disciplined. Floyd Central is going to present another challenge for the bobcats. The Jaguars like to run the ball down the throats of their opponents and one would think they are "licking their chops" at the opportunity to play against this defense. With that being said, I look for this game to be competitive, but until the bobcats can slow down an opposing teams running game, I can't be confident enough to pick them to win. Floyd Central wins by a score of 42-35. Good Luck Bobcats and prove me wrong.
I also think that the coaching staff can help the defense by lowering the pace and aggressive playcalling on offense. To many short fields and demoralizing drives at the end of halves. Last week was not the first time it has happened.
I think Floyd Central takes it.
[quote=TheBrahmaBull]Has anyone played Floyd Central? Are they for real? I know they have played a very weak schedule thus far so the wins they have had can not be looked at as accurate measuring units. Did they scrimmage anyone of note? And how did they do? I am not bashing the program, just trying to gauge the program strength. I do know they have outscored both opponants 88 to 12.

Bull, I don’t know who they scrimmaged, but they beat Harlan and Betsy Layne. Betsy Layne may be one of the worst teams in the area and Harlan is a below average 1A team. It’s hard to get a read on how good Floyd Central really is. They lost their QB and the majority of their lineman last year, but they have some good backs returning. I don’t think they are as good as Perry, but anyone who can run the ball, is going to give Breathitt fits. Breathitt could very well pull out the win, but we have to win the turnover battle and capatilize off their mistakes to have a chance. I think who ever scores over 40 points will win.
Floyd Central 35-14
Central by 14
They scrimmaged Perry Central. FC scored 3 times to PCC’s 1 time. Hard to judge from a scrimmage but personally I think FC got the best of them.
MountainBall44 Wrote:They scrimmaged Perry Central. FC scored 3 times to PCC’s 1 time. Hard to judge from a scrimmage but personally I think FC got the best of them.

One score was a INT return that the perry players never even tried to stop the kid because it was during the 10 plays and another score was jv. Floyd has a decent team, with that being said a game situation and Perry wins by 3 scores. Perry only ran the ball 4 times against Floyd Central and everyone knows that's not Perry. I still believe Floyd County wins this game by two scores
The Bobcats again are the underdogs. Not by as much this week as in the first couple weeks in my opinion, but still they are are 8-12 point underdogs.
Floyd Central wins 35-14. I hope Breathitt wins but tbh their Dline was getting blown and drove 10-15 yards down field against Perry Central last week. Idk if they can stop the run against anyone. Would like to see breathitt turn it around and getting going like they used to be. Another long season for Bobcat fans imo
First half will be a barn burner, but when it’s all said and done... Jags by 3 scores. Good luck to both teams, with a injury free game.
For the Bobcat historians out there. What is Holcomb's win% without Chapman as an assistant vs. With him as an assistant? And what is JPC'S win% as a head coach? Point I am making is that the two made a great coaching tandem. But apart, they did not have the same impact. It takes a dynamic coaching staff to make a team work.
Breathitts gonna bring home the W this weekend.
Floyd rolls on good luck to Coach Hager and team
When will Breathitt become the old breathitt again?
Real Badman Wrote:When will Breathitt become the old breathitt again?

There is a wishful answer and a realistic answer. I think the perfect mix of coaches and talent was in place to make the teams competitive when Breathitt made their runs in the 90s and 2000s. Just do.not think they have the pieces in place now to have the same success. Not saying the kids do not work hard or the current coaches are not good guys, but Coach Holcomb and Coach Chapman just made each other better. And together they made for a good staff and their teams were very good year in and year out.