Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 28 Danville 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final unfinished business :Cheerlead
So how much better was Corbin than Danville? It sounds as if a lot of points were left on the field due to penalties or execution.
Congrats Hounds
smoke1015 Wrote:So how much better was Corbin than Danville? It sounds as if a lot of points were left on the field due to penalties or execution.

**disclaimer**
This is taking nothing away from Danville. They are a solid team, skilled, well coached, and FAST.

But yes!! Trying my best to objectively look at it on both sides, Corbin left at least 7 points on the field. More like 14. But I’m trying to low ball it so I don’t come off “homerish”. But 2 or 3 BIG penalties cost us, one which was VERY “questionable” well call it. And some fumbles deep in their territory. Granted, both teams turned the ball over. But ours were fumbles on what would have been scoring drives and theirs were interceptions in our own territory mid-fieldish. But you never know, maybe they would have stopped us. I’m not making excuses, because as it is, we are 18 points better. But the score should have probably been about 35-10 or the redhound in me says 42-10. But it wasn’t. So hats off to Danville for a good game.

You could tell our numbers really helped. Their guys were cramping at the end. Ours were fresh. Could have been better conditioning to I guess but who knows. Either way, the hounds won and snapped their 16 game streak.

As I’ve stated in other posts. I don’t believe in seeking results from like opponents. There are to many variables. If Danville beats Boyle. I’d still consider Boyle the favorite until we or someone knocks them. If they smash Danville with a running clock, which I don’t think they will, same goes. I believe you can guess how your team would match up to them, in regards to style, speed, size and tendencies. But results us vs Danville and Boyle vs Danville mean very little to me.
Hound05 Wrote:**disclaimer**
This is taking nothing away from Danville. They are a solid team, skilled, well coached, and FAST.

But yes!! Trying my best to objectively look at it on both sides, Corbin left at least 7 points on the field. More like 14. But I’m trying to low ball it so I don’t come off “homerish”. But 2 or 3 BIG penalties cost us, one which was VERY “questionable” well call it. And some fumbles deep in their territory. Granted, both teams turned the ball over. But ours were fumbles on what would have been scoring drives and theirs were interceptions in our own territory mid-fieldish. But you never know, maybe they would have stopped us. I’m not making excuses, because as it is, we are 18 points better. But the score should have probably been about 35-10 or the redhound in me says 42-10. But it wasn’t. So hats off to Danville for a good game.

You could tell our numbers really helped. Their guys were cramping at the end. Ours were fresh. Could have been better conditioning to I guess but who knows. Either way, the hounds won and snapped their 16 game streak.

As I’ve stated in other posts. I don’t believe in seeking results from like opponents. There are to many variables. If Danville beats Boyle. I’d still consider Boyle the favorite until we or someone knocks them. If they smash Danville with a running clock, which I don’t think they will, same goes. I believe you can guess how your team would match up to them, in regards to style, speed, size and tendencies. But results us vs Danville and Boyle vs Danville mean very little to me.

Exactly we’ll said, Corbin left 21points on the field but the defense stood tall again. Boyle is king until someone knocks them off. To those who say Danville is down there still better than most, excellent program and will always be a tough out for someone. Safe travels back.
In listening to the game, it sounded like both teams cost themselves on several drives. A lot of Ints. and fumbles from both sides. Corbin had the better stats and I'm sure there depth paid dividends late. Both teams will learn from this one and get better. Danville will still be right in the thick of things in the 2a talk as well as Corbin in the 3a talk. However, I'd say both still have an uphill climb to win there class. Boyle, Central and Belfry will all 3 be right there with Corbin or possibly a little ahead, while Desales, Mayfield and CAL will all be right there or better than Danville.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Exactly we’ll said, Corbin left 21points on the field but the defense stood tall again. Boyle is king until someone knocks them off. To those who say Danville is down there still better than most, excellent program and will always be a tough out for someone. Safe travels back.

You know in my mind I was honestly thinking 21 after the end of the game, specifically because of the TWO drops, and the fumble/flag when we were about a play away from scoring, I just didn't wanna make it sound like I was trying to pad it or crying about it. But yea, its pretty much a fact. And you're absolutely right, Danville might be "down" but they definitely aren't out. They got all the right tools to make another championship run in 2A. They need to work on their Pass Defense- but I think some of that was having Estep in our RPO plays. You cant cheat back to the WR's with him, he'll tuck it and run, and has the speed and vision to be dangerous when doing so. He had a great game other than that interception. But he should have had two more TD passes, because they were spot on, couldn't have been thrown better, and were dropped. But that'll improve as we progress through the year. I cant say enough about our Defensive line. After I noticed we weren't blitzing with our LB's or DB's, I started watching the line. They were putting pressure on the QB everytime he dropped back. The kid had very few pockets and times where he wasn't running for his life. He's a solid QB, so im impressed with how they responded to the challenge
KYHSFBFan Wrote:In listening to the game, it sounded like both teams cost themselves on several drives. A lot of Ints. and fumbles from both sides. Corbin had the better stats and I'm sure there depth paid dividends late. Both teams will learn from this one and get better. Danville will still be right in the thick of things in the 2a talk as well as Corbin in the 3a talk. However, I'd say both still have an uphill climb to win there class. Boyle, Central and Belfry will all 3 be right there with Corbin or possibly a little ahead, while Desales, Mayfield and CAL will all be right there or better than Danville.

It’s week 1 don’t go handing out trophies just yet. Every team will be different by week 15 and Corbin will be as good as any mentioned. The only thing that they will need to do is exacute every time as will anyone else, a lost possession will kill any of the four in a h2h matchup. In 2a Danville will be back and it will be a dogfight for the championship, that’s a tough group as is 3a. No clear cut favorites tonight check back thanksgiving weekend.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:In listening to the game, it sounded like both teams cost themselves on several drives. A lot of Ints. and fumbles from both sides. Corbin had the better stats and I'm sure there depth paid dividends late. Both teams will learn from this one and get better. Danville will still be right in the thick of things in the 2a talk as well as Corbin in the 3a talk. However, I'd say both still have an uphill climb to win there class. Boyle, Central and Belfry will all 3 be right there with Corbin or possibly a little ahead, while Desales, Mayfield and CAL will all be right there or better than Danville.

I’ll never make the mistake of over looking a team, because I did last year with Boyle. I thought it was ours to lose. And I was wrong. But honestly. Central doesn’t scare me. They couldn’t have gained that much and we almost had an addition by subtraction at QB. Plus it would be in corbin. The way our defense is right now and the personnel we have, belfry doesn’t scare me either. Plus I think one of their weaknesses is pass defense so that plays to our advantage. The kicker is Boyle. Revenge can be a powerful tool, that’s about all I can say. Until someone beats them they’re the best. But you never know until you play the game. I watched a #1 ranked, undefeated corbin team lose in the first round to a team they just smoked a couple weeks prior in 96 I believe. Strange things happen when the ball is tossed around. Good luck to everyone and an injury free season for these kids
Me and my buddy traveled from the crater to watch this one.. corbin D was the difference in this one.. Everyone talked about that was the concern this year, it maybe your strength again.
I miss the days of a great crowd.. I would love to know how many folks were there.. Total: 6000 to 8000?
We are averaging about 100 agame so it Unreal crowd..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I miss the days of a great crowd.. I would love to know how many folks were there.. Total: 6000 to 8000?
We are averaging about 100 agame so it Unreal crowd..

I know they reported it broke the attendance record, but I don’t know how many thousands were there.

I knew our defense would be nasty. My concern was the offensive line. So far it’s been good.
It was a really good win for Corbin, they beat a solid Danville team. I guess we'll see how good Danville is this Friday when they get their second big test in two weeks in traveling across town to Boyle.

I can tell you that the Rebels have been looking forward to this rematch for a year. I fully believe the lackluster performance last night was due to the fact that they were hungover from Ballard and looking forward to the Ads. Tensions will be high on the BCHS turf and I can't wait for Friday.

Again, nice win vs a solid team. Good luck the rest of the way, here's to a healthy rest of the season!
Hound05 Wrote:I’ll never make the mistake of over looking a team, because I did last year with Boyle. I thought it was ours to lose. And I was wrong. But honestly. Central doesn’t scare me. They couldn’t have gained that much and we almost had an addition by subtraction at QB. Plus it would be in corbin. The way our defense is right now and the personnel we have, belfry doesn’t scare me either. Plus I think one of their weaknesses is pass defense so that plays to our advantage. The kicker is Boyle. Revenge can be a powerful tool, that’s about all I can say. Until someone beats them they’re the best. But you never know until you play the game. I watched a #1 ranked, undefeated corbin team lose in the first round to a team they just smoked a couple weeks prior in 96 I believe. Strange things happen when the ball is tossed around. Good luck to everyone and an injury free season for these kids

Boyle County is the only team that you have to worry about. Go Colonels!

Belfry won't be ahead of Corbin. Their defense won't be able to slow Boyle County or Corbin.
I dont think Corbin is as good as they were this year at this time, but I think they are at the same time a little better than I expected them to be.

Estep looks great at QB and their Defense is playing pretty well despite losing some key pieces.

I would be shocked not to see Corbin playing in the Semi-Finals on Black Friday and they may be the only team capable of competing with Boyle's Offensive skill on the Eastern side of the bracket.
Personally I think corbin is better.
I think haddix should have started the estep kid at qb the past two years. Much more versatile.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Personally I think corbin is better.
I think haddix should have started the estep kid at qb the past two years. Much more versatile.

Well Mrs. Gut you wouldn’t around to know what was best the last 2 years for Corbin would you. Confusederiously:
Hound05 Wrote:**disclaimer**

I was trying to troll for a reaction, lol, but yeah, it sounded as if Corbin left a couple of scores off the board. But it does also sound like Danville is not as "down" as I was lead to believe. They'll still finish top 4 most likely in their class.
When would Corbin have to play Central, if they both keep on winning? They have a nasty defense. Big, fast and love contact.. They've posted 2 shutouts already against 2 solid clubs..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:When would Corbin have to play Central, if they both keep on winning? They have a nasty defense. Big, fast and love contact.. They've posted 2 shutouts already against 2 solid clubs..

Not till the championship.
Central vs Boyle is going to be one of the speediest Championship matches in 3A I've ever seen.