Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 43 Pike Co Central 35 DOT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

In double overtime, The Wildcats take the game.

This was a great great game!!!

Congratulations to both teams.
Congrats to SV
Granny Bear Wrote:Final.

In double overtime, The Wildcats take the game.

This was a great great game!!!

Congratulations to both teams.

Gonna be another long, long season on Buckley’s creek. PCC is bad.....beyond bad.
This was a great game.

SV seemed to be in control most of the first half, but a muffed punt late in the 2nd quarter allowed PC back into the game. SV already had a 14-7 lead, and had just stopped Central deep in their own territory. Valley was set to get the ball with outstanding field position, and the way they were moving the ball had a good chance to score again. Instead, the turnover gave PC new life, and they capitalized with a TD right before the half.

Valley came out after halftime and seemed to take control again, scoring twice in the 3rd to lead 27-13 going into the final quarter. But the Hawks converted on multiple 4th downs on their next drive, and capped it off with a score. Valley then had their own chance to possibly salt the game away, but were stuffed on a 4th and short. PC then scored again to tie it up.

In OT, both teams scored TD's on their first possession. In the 2nd OT, SV went ahead with an amazing TD catch on 3rd and long. Their defense then stiffened up, sacking the Central QB on 4th down, and the Wildcats could finally celebrate.
Isn’t SV supposed to be decent this year? How did they give up 35 to PCC?
Any stats on this one? I’d like to see Seth Johnson’s stats for the game.
PC should have won the game. SV went for it on 4th down and was stopped with just under 3 minutes. PC scored a TD with about a minute or 2 left and went for two. If the could’ve just kicked a PAT, they win the game.
4everUK Wrote:PC should have won the game. SV went for it on 4th down and was stopped with just under 3 minutes. PC scored a TD with about a minute or 2 left and went for two. If the could’ve just kicked a PAT, they win the game.
Got to admit, I didn’t understand that decision.
A great game.Very entertaining to watch.Congrats to Shelby valley.Pike central could have won the game.Both teams will only get better by the end of the year
4everUK Wrote:PC should have won the game. SV went for it on 4th down and was stopped with just under 3 minutes. PC scored a TD with about a minute or 2 left and went for two. If the could’ve just kicked a PAT, they win the game.

HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Got to admit, I didn’t understand that decision.

It seemed as though the Central coaches lost faith in their kicker. He did make his first PAT, but shanked the second attempt. Then when PC scored in the 3rd to make it 27-19, they chose to go for 2 instead of kicking it (and were successful.

When PC scored again late to tie it, I can only assume they figured they had a better chance of converting the two than making the kick. And it almost worked, the runner must have been just inches short.
I know some on here have said that Central could (or should) have won the game. And that is true, they could have either made a kick or converted the two late in the 4th and won. Or if they could have stopped SV in the first OT, they would have won.

But this game just as easily have been a blowout. If not for a muffed punt in the 2nd quarter, SV likely would have been up by 2 TD's at the half. After coming out in the 3rd quarter and scoring two more, a 4 TD lead would have probably put the game on cruise control.
First off, congratulations to Shelby Valley on the win. Absolutely phenomenal game to behold.

With that being said, I thought that we played better than expected. Pike County Central came into this game very inexperienced compared to the past couple years where we've beaten Shelby Valley. I thought we grew a lot as a group. We gave a very good Shelby Valley all they could handle and then some, we just fell short ultimately.