Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 35 Hopkinsville 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Congrats to Mayfield
Cardinals roll!
Never a doubt.
No surprise in this one.
I guess I am spoiled and expect to much but left this one feeling soso
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I guess I am spoiled and expect to much but left this one feeling soso

How bad is Hopkinsville?
Cards cruise..
MAYFIELD
RUSHING
Kent Trey Matthews 18-121 and two TD
Conner Guthrie 4-80 and 1TD
PASSING
Jayden Stinson 9-18-131
Conner Guthrie 1-2-50

HOPKINSVILLE
RUSHING
JaTorion Dillard 12-62
Jordan Hopson 10-59
Jay Bland 11-24
PASSING
Jay Bland 7-28-111-0-2
I wish they would figure out the combination on qb’s. It’s pretty apparent when one has scored every drive that he has been in this season, you need to give him more touches. Not saying to completely change but, it is very apparent that the one deserves more touches.
Personally, I think we are better when Guthrie is in at QB. They HAVE to get the ball im that kids hands more.
pjdoug Wrote:How bad is Hopkinsville?

Not terrible, probably pretty good but not great is my guess
mysonis55 Wrote:I wish they would figure out the combination on qb’s. It’s pretty apparent when one has scored every drive that he has been in this season, you need to give him more touches. Not saying to completely change but, it is very apparent that the one deserves more touches.
Hmm sounds like a lot of the issues I brought up in the other forum and everyone was giving me grief over how I came to my conclusions and how I could make this statements after 1 game
As of last night after one game conner hadnt had a catch seems Jaden locks on to a reciever and wont throw Conners way untill last night.i also didnt think Conner was getting enough touches and he had been running in and out all night when the kid needs to be on the field at al, times.To talennted to be playing back up to Stinson sorry just the way i see it.
Hop town .. hummm... honestly they are a pretty good team... the QB is really good but his receivers couldn't seem to hold onto the ball.. lots of open rifiled throws hitting his guys in the hands that they just couldn't hold onto.. if they woulda made just a few of those catches game could a been very close.. he was only making 25% completion , I would say another 40% were hitting receivers but they just couldn't hold on.. now saying all of that he threw several aired passes into our hands including 3-4 that should been easy pics .. they have a lot of speed that is forsure.. there only seemed to be one drive they were able to put together some 1st downs to score as I thought our d stepped up last night a good bit vs last weeks game.. I agree Conner needs to see more touches forsure...
mysonis55 Wrote:I wish they would figure out the combination on qb’s. It’s pretty apparent when one has scored every drive that he has been in this season, you need to give him more touches. Not saying to completely change but, it is very apparent that the one deserves more touches.

Better get it straightened out before September 21 mysonis55 you seem to be getting a little nervous Confusednicker:
64, you should’ve learned by now. Your teams have only 1 fluke win against the Cards. They won’t get one this year. I just hope you aren’t too embarrassed to say so after the game on the 21st.
I'm not sure how I feel about this mayfield team yet. Next week may be a good game. Steve Duncan must be still involved with Tilghman, in some capacity seen him taking a lot of notes last night at the Mayfield/hoptown game.

Maybe you should go tell Joe who he should play. Sounds like you know more than him and the coaches. Let me know how it works out for you.
We fans of Mayfield have our right to an opinion of whos the better athlete or who should play one position or another.If Joe cant see that Jayden is 2 one dimensional while Conner can pass or run equally as well and if i had a conversation with the coach id tell him he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like i do.Im an almum of MHS and supported the football program since the 1960s so id say i have a vested intrest in our team.
28 point win brings out the negative nancys.
E's Army Wrote:28 point win brings out the negative nancys.

No one is being negative and it’s got nothing to do with margin of victory, ANYBODY who watches Mayfield play will agree that Guthrie needs to touch the ball more.
Look guys, Joe's no dummy. He knows Conner is there best player and should be getting more balls thrown his way or him with it in his hands from the onset. However, thus far, they haven't really needed him that much. As the games go further into the year, I'm sure you'll all get your wish and see him being more involved on the offensive end.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Maybe you should go tell Joe who he should play. Sounds like you know more than him and the coaches. Let me know how it works out for you.

Always good for at least one cry baby attack per month.
You deserve it.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:You deserve it.

Spoken like a true adolescent. Why don’t you come out from behind the screen and come on over and discuss it in person. No, I didn’t think so.
You just lost my vote, tough guy.
Like I had it anyway. Besides that, you gotta be 18 or older to vote.
If you boys are going to duke let me I know I want to watch
What are you gonna do when you meet me?
Pages: 1 2