Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Warning Signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is talk that people should have picked up on 'Warning Signs' form the VT shooter, but sometimes I think that it is impossible. If you went by warning signs such as "He was a loner" then you would be arresting thousands of college students every year. You can go back and find all the things that should have been "warning signs" but in the present, it is hard to predict what really is a warning.

Now I know that there are some incidents that have been stopped, but IMO, most could not be. Trying to blame something on authorities for not picking up on warning signs is wrong. Some things are just tragic incidents that can not be stopped.
Humans are completely random. There is no set of rules specific to anyone, therefore nothing like this can ever be predicted.
If I thought every loner on UK's campus that went around giving bad looks to people and even talking to themselves was going to kill people then I'd never go out. There was no way to know this would happen.
I agree also, but someone should of talked to him when he wrote those plays and stories about killing people.
BC75 Wrote:I agree also, but someone should of talked to him when he wrote those plays and stories about killing people.

Both teachers and students reported him and they tried to send him to counseling but he did not go. I also think that a couple of female students had reported him several years ago for harassment.
Beef Wrote:There is talk that people should have picked up on 'Warning Signs' form the VT shooter, but sometimes I think that it is impossible. If you went by warning signs such as "He was a loner" then you would be arresting thousands of college students every year. You can go back and find all the things that should have been "warning signs" but in the present, it is hard to predict what really is a warning.

Now I know that there are some incidents that have been stopped, but IMO, most could not be. Trying to blame something on authorities for not picking up on warning signs is wrong. Some things are just tragic incidents that can not be stopped.

I agree, whenever there is an awful tragedy like this, people are always looking for someone they can blame. Someone should've seen the signs, etc.

I'm sure some sleazy lawyer is already plotting a way to make millions by suing somebody for this...
its this simple..they should have kicked him out, they knew at the time that he was a freakin psychotic dumbass idiot, but they ALSO knew that the second they kicked him out of school, that every single bleeding heart pacifist piece of shit Human Rights organization would be beating down the door screaming "you cant kick him out, he's just a lonely child...you kicked him out because he's korean, thats discrimination" yatta yatta yatta..all of their senseless bullshit, ..thats my take on it anyways..my opinion, which wont get me anywhere, but oh well..
The plays and stories were enough for counseling to be brought up. Somehow, someway they should have made sure that he attended.

He harassed at least two girls and both had complaints against him. If campuses officials or police officers knew that he was stalking them then they had some clue that more than just the plays were wrong with him.

A judge had ruled him as a threat to himself and others.

They thought that he may have been autistic. That warrants special accommodations.

I don't think that anything could have predicted what happened but knowing what they knew then I do think that some warnings should have shown that he needed some kind of help. He was a threat to himself and others and that was apparent.

And also Cowbell, websites such as virginiatechlawsuits.com, vatechlawsuits.org, things along those lines were registered, purchased, and were on ebay right after the shootings in hopes that some lawyer/law firm would purchase them for over $50,000 and turn them into a way to sue someone. :Thumbs:
thetribe Wrote:And also Cowbell, websites such as virginiatechlawsuits.com, vatechlawsuits.org, things along those lines were registered, purchased, and were on ebay right after the shootings in hopes that some lawyer/law firm would purchase them for over $50,000 and turn them into a way to sue someone. :Thumbs:

Doesn't surprise me at all. It's amazing how some people look at a horrible tragedy as a way to make money. 32 innocent victims, and the first thought in some lawyer's head is "Woo-hoo, I'm going to be rich!"

Sick, sick people.
There is very little, if anything, that can be done to stop crazy people.
Sure, many, in hindsight, have shown signs. But as it has been said previously here, many people are loners, talk to themselves, and don't make eye contact...I work with 3 such people.

Stopping crazy people from killing is like trying to stop suicide bombers, can't be done.