Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: St Xavier @ DeSales 8/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another interesting matchup has St Xavier and their new head coach, former Bowling Green head man Kevin Wallace, traveling to DeSales. Who you got?
St X QB injury hurts them imo.

St X - 23
DeSales - 20
FoSho Wrote:St X QB injury hurts them imo.

St X - 23
DeSales - 20

I agree with you in both your statements.
X by 7
Xavier 28-21.
For those of us not familiar with how the Archdiocese work, can somebody fill us in.

St. Xavier
Trinity (Louisville)
DeSales
Holy Cross (Louisville)
Assumption
Scared Heart
Presentation
Mercy

Does geography or your parish determine which school you can attend?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For those of us not familiar with how the Archdiocese work, can somebody fill us in.

St. Xavier
Trinity (Louisville)
DeSales
Holy Cross (Louisville)
Assumption
Scared Heart
Presentation
Mercy

No, any student in Louisville may enroll at any of these schools whether or not they are Catholic. It is a majority Catholic that attend obviously, but I knew plenty of guys in my years at Trinity that weren't. Students/Parents do have to provide their own transportation so geography might be a factor for them, but the school will allow anyone to enroll.

Also, I can't speak for other schools, but Trinity receives no funding from the Archdiocese nor do they have a say in the curriculum. Trinity has a school priest who presides over all school Masses and acts as a spiritual counselor to the student body, but he does not run the school.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For those of us not familiar with how the Archdiocese work, can somebody fill us in.

St. Xavier
Trinity (Louisville)
DeSales
Holy Cross (Louisville)
Assumption
Scared Heart
Presentation
Mercy

CarzyRock Wrote:No, any student in Louisville may enroll at any of these schools whether or not they are Catholic. It is a majority Catholic that attend obviously, but I knew plenty of guys in my years at Trinity that weren't. Students/Parents do have to provide their own transportation so geography might be a factor for them, but the school will allow anyone to enroll.

Also, I can't speak for other schools, but Trinity receives no funding from the Archdiocese nor do they have a say in the curriculum. Trinity has a school priest who presides over all school Masses and acts as a spiritual counselor to the student body, but he does not run the school.

Thanks for the info.
St X by 14.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Thanks for the info.

No problem. Glad to help.
St X will wins by 2 touchdowns.
St. Xavier takes down the Colts by 28-0. I do not believe Coach Wallace will stay with the starters once the Tigers are up by 21. He's not looking to make headlines "laying the beatdown" on a private 2A school.

St. Xavier's depth advantage is huge. Emotion can help DeSales until halftime. After that, reality will set in.