Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I have a new favorite hobby!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cooking!

I've started cooking and I really enjoy it and everything has turned out great so far! Last night I made peanut butter fudge and some oatmeal candy and then tonight I made steak, mashed potatoes and cheddar bay biscuits like the ones from Red Lobster. Needless to say my friends over here in the dorm aren't complaining that I have taken this up, they get all kinda of free food.
What dorm did you say you were in again? I'm starving. Big Grin
I love that chocolate oatmeal candy!
thetribe Wrote:What dorm did you say you were in again? I'm starving. Big Grin

Haha I live in Telford...

My mom has been dying to know how to make the cheddar bay biscuits so when I told her I found out how and that they came out delicious she was like "good when you come home you can make us some and show me how to do it". They are really easy to make I was surprised....
DTfan Wrote:Haha I live in Telford...

My mom has been dying to know how to make the cheddar bay biscuits so when I told her I found out how and that they came out delicious she was like "good when you come home you can make us some and show me how to do it". They are really easy to make I was surprised....
Well dont keep it from us all tell us how to make them.
Batpuff Wrote:Well dont keep it from us all tell us how to make them.

A great cook never gives out her secrets...haha just kidding...here ya go

2 cups of Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup of shredded sheddar cheese
1/2 cup of butter melted
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Mix bisquick, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms.
  3. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
  5. Mix butter or margarine and garlic powder.
  6. Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
You can add some additional garlic powder if you want, I do since I can't really taste it in the mixture. Oh and they are best right out of the oven while they are still hot/warm...

Sounds great. Maybe we need to start a recipee thread where we can share some of our own cooking secrets. The reason I say thread is so that it wouldn't get old and disappear on us. It would be cool to just hop on here and find something and throw it together.
Yeah that would be neat, I have alot of recipes that I found online...if I can find the link again I'll post it for everyone.
OffTheHook Wrote:Sounds great. Maybe we need to start a recipee thread where we can share some of our own cooking secrets. The reason I say thread is so that it wouldn't get old and disappear on us. It would be cool to just hop on here and find something and throw it together.
Sounds like a great idea.I love to cook and I have a few recipes that are always big favorites of my friends.
Snake hooked me up with an awesome spinach dip recipe.