Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County @ Mongomery County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tough opponent for the Bobcats out of the blocks, but not an impossible task. While I do not look for the Bobcats to win this one, I do look for them to make marked improvements from last season and compete for 48 minutes. No running clocks, please!
Can a Mod please fix Montgomery County? I had a dumb moment and my autocorrect did not help me darn it.
Good Luck to the Bobcats... It’s gonna be a tuff start but like Bull said. It’s only gonna make you more and better prepared when it counts.
Montgomery County 55-14.
How did Bobcats do in scrimmages , Letcher Central and others
Montgomery County big :popcorn:

Montgomery County 49
Breathitt County 13
Montgomery County by 22.
Montgomery dominated the bobcats up front last year, on both sides of the ball. With that being said, Montgomery lost most of their lineman to graduation and they lost their best running back, Collins to transfer. Montgomery will field a solid team, but the Bobcats are improved and they are looking better defensively. It will be a tall task to get a win at the Rec Bowl, but I look for a good showing from the Bobcats.
touchdownkentucky Wrote:How did Bobcats do in scrimmages , Letcher Central and others

I heard they scrimmaged East Ridge, and they were up 30-0 at halftime. I heard they played JV and freshman after the half and they added another score to make the final 38-0.
Anyone have the radio station in Mt. Sterling streaming the game? The station in Jackson does not stream online, or they did not as of last season.
Montgomery Co. by a big score.
I have seen MoCo. I haven't seen Breathitt but if there is anything to the Bobcats improving somewhat this game could be much closer than anticipated.
I have a question is Halcomb helping with the Def. ? If so they will get better, may take a year or so but they will improve. Good Luck to Breathitt. Don't have a clue about either team.
I seen Montgomery scrimmage, they did not impress me that much. They are a solid team, but definitely not the team they was last year. Especially with loosing Collins. that is a huge blow for them.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I have a question is Halcomb helping with the Def. ? If so they will get better, may take a year or so but they will improve. Good Luck to Breathitt. Don't have a clue about either team.
He has helped them the past couple seasons and it has not helped, but hope reigns eternal here in Jackson.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:He has helped them the past couple seasons and it has not helped, but hope reigns eternal here in Jackson.

Rumor has it that a new crop of talent is coming up just in time for the realignment in 2a for the Bobcats to be competitive again on a consistent basis.
John Paul was always the defensive guru on the good teams. Help is on the way though with their younger kids. People don’t really understand how bad state management was for the sports programs at Breathitt. It set every sport back 5-10 years.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:John Paul was always the defensive guru on the good teams. Help is on the way though with their younger kids. People don’t really understand how bad state management was for the sports programs at Breathitt. It set every sport back 5-10 years.
I have no doubt that the state takeover had an impact on the program, but the complete lack of performance and discipline on the defensive side of the ball the past few seasons cannot be blamed on people that do not make football decisions. That falls straight on the coaches and the kids. But that is just my opinion, and like I say, opinions are like buttholes, everyones got one and most of em stink.
Does anyone have the radio station that will be steaming the game out of Montgomery Co. tonight?