Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scrimmage: Trinity 61- Ryle 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity punted on their opening drive but the Raiders could not get anything going in the first half. The Raiders snapped the ball out of the end zone and gave up a safety very early. Trinity took the next possesion and drove it for a TD and 9-0 lead. Jutz looked good at QB. Smith and McGuire ran effectively. Racculia, Miller, Gray, McCarthy, & Wagner all contributed excellent pass catches. The defense shutout Ryle for the first half and was led by Herron, Ely, Maddox, Roberson, & White to name a few. Trinity was up 47-0 at the half. The two squads played to a 14-14 tie in the third quarter. I found Ryle trying an onside kick (Trinity recovered) and the Raiders calling a timeout with three minutes to play in the "varsity" portion of the exhibition very interesting stuff.

With two scrimmages being allowed for teams who play the week formerly known as zero (in 2019 teams officially have 11 weeks to get in ten games without losing a scrimmage), here's hoping these two will continue to play.
thsrocks Wrote:Trinity punted on their opening drive but the Raiders could not get anything going in the first half. The Raiders snapped the ball out of the end zone and gave up a safety very early. Trinity took the next possesion and drove it for a TD and 9-0 lead. Jutz looked good at QB. Smith and McGuire ran effectively. Racculia, Miller, Gray, McCarthy, & Wagner all contributed excellent pass catches. The defense shutout Ryle for the first half and was led by Herron, Ely, Maddox, Roberson, & White to name a few. Trinity was up 47-0 at the half. The two squads played to a 14-14 tie in the third quarter. I found Ryle trying an onside kick (Trinity recovered) and the Raiders calling a timeout with three minutes to play in the "varsity" portion of the exhibition very interesting stuff.

With two scrimmages being allowed for teams who play the week formerly known as zero (in 2019 teams officially have 11 weeks to get in ten games without losing a scrimmage), here's hoping these two will continue to play.

This is surprising. I expected Trinity to be good this year, but I thought it take some time for the offense to click. I heard most of the yards were from running, was that the case?

Hopefully Ryle learns something from this, because I still think they have the makings of a good team this year and just need to put things together.
X look out.
What trinity is doing and the amount of success they achieve is beyond impressive.
CarzyRock Wrote:This is surprising. I expected Trinity to be good this year, but I thought it take some time for the offense to click. I heard most of the yards were from running, was that the case?

Hopefully Ryle learns something from this, because I still think they have the makings of a good team this year and just need to put things together.

Trinity did use the ground game extensively early on and worked in the usual 5-10 yard pass plays. As I understand it, this game film goes to Carmel, IN (opening game opponent) as well as last week's intrasquad scrimmage. Trinity's offensive line has the size, strength, and agility Coach Beatty prefers and may run the ball more often. Two very capable senior running backs will share the load. Key stat: NO TURNOVERS for the #1 offense.