Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4A Herald Leader Top 10 preseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(1) Johnson Central
(2) Franklin Simpson
(3) Wayne
(4) Collins
(5) Ashland
(6) Rockcastle
(7) Hopkinsville
(8) Knox Central
(9) Mercer
(10) Logan County
Ashland may be my 4A pick, and I love what JC has I just feel like that Ashland has a solid chance this year.
KYHSFB Wrote:Ashland may be my 4A pick, and I love what JC has I just feel like that Ashland has a solid chance this year.

I simply don't see it happening. I know they snuck up on Central during the regular season, but rest assured, Matney will not allow that to happen again.

I don't think JC should be listed ahead of Franklin Simpson at this point. Preston's crew is still the reigning champ until someone knocks them off.
My Top 10
1 Franklin Simpson
2 Johnson Central
3 Ashland
4 Wayne
5 Collins
6 Logan
7 Hopkinsville
8 Knox Central
9 Mercer
10 Rockcastle
KYHSFB Wrote:Ashland may be my 4A pick, and I love what JC has I just feel like that Ashland has a solid chance this year.

Ashland will have to earn it to get where they want to be. Beating JC on the road is a hard proposition but win or lose that game having to beat them a few weeks later home or away with that home game meaning beating them twice is daunting to say the least.

T-CATS Wrote:My Top 10
1 Franklin Simpson
2 Johnson Central
3 Ashland
4 Wayne
5 Collins
6 Logan
7 Hopkinsville
8 Knox Central
9 Mercer
10 Rockcastle

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn. :thatsfunn. Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker: :dontthink. :dontthink. :dontthink

I realize Ashland is coming off what was probably another self proclaimed state championship, but some of these comments are too funny.

Westside Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn. :thatsfunn. Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker: :dontthink. :dontthink. :dontthink

I realize Ashland is coming off what was probably another self proclaimed state championship, but some of these comments are too funny.
We know your dislike for the Tomcats and they had no chance last year against Central and proved not only to you but more importantly to themselves as a team they can win. This years team has a minimum of 4 D1 caliber players with 2 holding offers. Should be a great season of football up and down 23!!!
Was recently told that Rockcastle suffered a horrible loss in a seven on seven game against a team they should have run off the field. Trusted source but I was not a witness to it. If this is true though, they are far from top ten this year.
bball_fan Wrote:Was recently told that Rockcastle suffered a horrible loss in a seven on seven game against a team they should have run off the field. Trusted source but I was not a witness to it. If this is true though, they are far from top ten this year.
Rockcastle and 7 on 7 are things that should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Has nothing to do with how the Rockets play. Powder Puff football is over!! But you r right, they're not a top ten team right now.
I am as anti-Ashland as they come. Knowing the program and talent they have, combined with the chemistry they have, I would be shocked if Ashland doesn’t win a State Title.
checkmate9113 Wrote:I am as anti-Ashland as they come. Knowing the program and talent they have, combined with the chemistry they have, I would be shocked if Ashland doesn’t win a State Title.

:dontthink Confusednicker:
T-CATS Wrote:We know your dislike for the Tomcats and they had no chance last year against Central and proved not only to you but more importantly to themselves as a team they can win. This years team has a minimum of 4 D1 caliber players with 2 holding offers. Should be a great season of football up and down 23!!!

Word of the day. Caliber. Has a nice ring to it. Ashland ain't even top 3. Wayne County would go through them like a dose of salts.
pjdoug Wrote:Word of the day. Caliber. Has a nice ring to it. Ashland ain't even top 3. Wayne County would go through them like a dose of salts.
Wayne County has a no win situation this season just like most of the past several seasons and it doesn't matter whether the loss is gonna come from Ashland or Johnson Central...they can't beat either!
Wayne and Knox should be flipped. Knox is the team to beat in their district. No disrespect to Wayne, or Rock for that matter, but graduation hit those programs much harder. Should be a competitive district this year. I expect Clay and Russell to be improved as well. However, they all have to go through JC or possibly Ashland in the playoffs. To be the man you got to beat the man! JC is still the man!
Kittens can't beat JC when it counts.
oldschool77 Wrote:Wayne and Knox should be flipped. Knox is the team to beat in their district. No disrespect to Wayne, or Rock for that matter, but graduation hit those programs much harder. Should be a competitive district this year. I expect Clay and Russell to be improved as well. However, they all have to go through JC or possibly Ashland in the playoffs. To be the man you got to beat the man! JC is still the man!
I agree. Watch out for Knox this season.