Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Turkey Hunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone have any luck all i got was the flu.
rallo316 Wrote:anyone have any luck all i got was the flu.
A buddy of mine hunted my farm and spent the night in my cabin Fri. nite. He decided to sleep in and when he got up and stepped onto the front porch, 50 yards in front of him were 4 Toms. He looked to the bottom on the left and 75 yards away were 3 more!!! He was dying!!! 7 Toms and he hadn't even stepped ogg the porch!!!
He finally got out and set up at around 10 am. Within 45 minutes he had called in 2 Toms and 8 Jakes!!! He took a very nice 24 pound bird with an 11 3/4 inch beard and 1 and a half in. spurs!
I went as soon as the rain stopped on Sat.I got a 22lb bird with 9 1/2 in beard, and 1 1/2 in spurs.When that rain quit, they were every where.
good job and congrats to total domination and guru nice birds.
no luck for me
any one get anything this weekend.
I hunted our farm in Magoffin Co, came away with 28 pounder with 11 inch beard, and nearly 2 1/2 inch spurs. My 5 yr old got his first Tom this morning. It weighed in at just over 19 pound and 6 inch beard. Not bad for a 5 yr old on only his 5 hunt ever and I got it all on tape.
The Guru Wrote:A buddy of mine hunted my farm and spent the night in my cabin Fri. nite. He decided to sleep in and when he got up and stepped onto the front porch, 50 yards in front of him were 4 Toms. He looked to the bottom on the left and 75 yards away were 3 more!!! He was dying!!! 7 Toms and he hadn't even stepped ogg the porch!!!
He finally got out and set up at around 10 am. Within 45 minutes he had called in 2 Toms and 8 Jakes!!! He took a very nice 24 pound bird with an 11 3/4 inch beard and 1 and a half in. spurs!

Yea, so ummmm where's this farm? lol

I still haven't had any luck. But with school and work I've only went out three times.
nice bird tubby hater and tell your 5 year old congrats on his to good job glad to see the kids take intrest in hunting.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I hunted our farm in Magoffin Co, came away with 28 pounder with 11 inch beard, and nearly 2 1/2 inch spurs. My 5 yr old got his first Tom this morning. It weighed in at just over 19 pound and 6 inch beard. Not bad for a 5 yr old on only his 5 hunt ever and I got it all on tape.

Put that on youtube man, I'd love to see that.
Redneck Wrote:Put that on youtube man, I'd love to see that.
Yea i would love to see that too
I have sent a copy of it into Kentucky Afield and Tim has already contacted me about it. He plans to show some of it on an upcoming show. I will let you guys know when it will be showed
thanks that will be great tubby hater.
this is the worst turkey season ever i never got to hunt in the sunshine had to work and every time i went it rained i did get to see 2 hens fight.
I killed a nice one today it had a 10 inch beard and 1 and 1/2 inch spurs
The_Pistol Wrote:I killed a nice one today it had a 10 inch beard and 1 and 1/2 inch spurs
nice bird and congrats.
I hope we have better luck next season
The Private Wrote:I hope we have better luck next season
yeah me too.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I hunted our farm in Magoffin Co, came away with 28 pounder with 11 inch beard, and nearly 2 1/2 inch spurs. My 5 yr old got his first Tom this morning. It weighed in at just over 19 pound and 6 inch beard. Not bad for a 5 yr old on only his 5 hunt ever and I got it all on tape.
Congratulations 5 year old. I have a 2 year old that can't wait until she can hunt. She goes around hootin like an owl. She says that a gun is for turkey hunting.
I have a 4 year old and an 7 year old both love to hunt!!!!!!!My 7year wants to coon hunt with me but the old wife says no to young!!
I went turkey hunting 3 times and got shutout everytime! Bad year for me!!