Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. Football Coaches?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone clarify if some of Powell's assistant coaches have taken other jobs or left?
Word is that Matt Thompson could possibly be the new head coach at Paris.
Also John Fugate has taken an O-line coaching position at Montgomery co.
Any info. on this from Powell?????
Coach Thompson is the new D-Coordinator at Powell and Coach Fugate is the new O-line coach. Any info. as to if these coaches have actually taken other jobs?
Was either of these two coaches on staff last year?????? Don't know much about these two. Where are they from and where have they worked in the past????

Officially, who does Whitaker have on staff for next year???
Neither coach coached at Powell last year. Coach Thompson coached at Melbourne Central Catholic in Flordia last year and produced the number 1 defense in Flordia. As far as Coach Fugate I dont know much about him but he hasnt been showing up at Powells weightlifting practices for the last month. Not sure why? Im sure that there is a reason tho. That is all I know
i feel that if a coach wants to coach, he needs to be there everyday, just like the players. coaches need to get to know thier players, as players need to get to know their coaches. the coaching staff for powell seems to be a decent one. thompson has the number 1 defense in florida, well this is kentucky, and its going to be at powell county, if they have the numbers, i see it happening, coach jones had the number 11th or 12th in the 2005 season, that year the numbers were there, last seaon, well, you know. but powell should be alright in the coaching office, but if they cant get players, then they will be there for show.
How does a guy from from Florida end up in Stanton, KY? Does he have any ties to Kentucky? Is there a Whitaker connection, or in some other way?
Possibility Coach Thompson could be named the head coach at Paris tonight.
Coach Thompson accepted the job at Paris. This is a big milestone in his career as his first head coaching job and you cant blame the man for wanting to do the main thing in life, and that is to better yourself. Everyone in Powell is understanding and wishes Coach Thompson the best of luck of Paris.
Any word on Coach Fugate???
Well Powell's whole coaching staff is gone except Whitaker. K.C. Jones is going with Thompson and Fugate is heading to Montgomery County due to the loss of Coach Jones. Tough break for the Pirates. Future isn't looking to bright.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well Powell's whole coaching staff is gone except Whitaker. K.C. Jones is going with Thompson and Fugate is heading to Montgomery County due to the loss of Coach Jones. Tough break for the Pirates. Future isn't looking to bright.

So basically the 2007 season was supposed to have Whitaker, Jones, Thompson, and Fugate. Now that 3 are gone, are there any talk of whom is going to replace them if they are indeed gone?
Powell Co will be alright. Coaches are just like players somewhat because if your playing a game and one of your teammates go down with an injury, your not going to quit because of that. Powell Co and Coach Whitaker will find a replacement
I was told last night coach Fugate was not leaving and he will be the O-line coach for coach Whitaker and Powell. Someone from Montgomery said he had turned them down for the opportunity to work for Mike whitaker.
I dont know if Fugate will be at Powell Co. this year or not but i know Matt Thompson and K.C Jones will be going to Paris. Tough loss for the Pirates but they will be replaced easy with the new head coach Mike Whitaker. Good luck this season Pirates:Thumbs:
Fugate is the O-line coach for the pirates and that's right from coach Whitaker's mouth.
Hear also a possible return of Brandon Brewer as the D-line coach.
Brewer is at Montgomery co.
you people need to get your facts right. Who ever said coach Fugate was leaving didn't know what they were talking about. I know for sure he is stay at Powell. Because He told me he was. Coach Whitaker is staying in Powell 2. That also came form His mouth 2