Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trimble County Cancels 2018 Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trimble County has canceled its High School 2018 Season do to low numbers.
This is a shame. Hate it for the ones who want to play.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:This is a shame. Hate it for the ones who want to play.

I agree. It would be a heart breaker for a kid who was fired up for the fall.
That sucks for the kids. 👎🏻
plantmanky Wrote:Trimble County has canceled its High School 2018 Season do to low numbers.

That's sad.
Im being told the school district is a big mess right now and they have lost almost 40% of their entire enrollment for the district from last year.

Seems like this might be less of a Football issue.
plantmanky Wrote:Im being told the school district is a big mess right now and they have lost almost 40% of their entire enrollment for the district from last year.

Seems like this might be less of a Football issue.

Kids going to Eminence?

I wonder if KHSAA would let any football players transfer no questions.
I think the rule use to be that if your school didnt offer football, you could play somewhere else. Now I'm pretty sure you have to be enrolled in the school you play at.
The high school & middle school aged kids have never seen any type of football success in their life. A few trips to the playoffs do not count as success. I don't know the situation, but if the administration isn't behind athletics, this is the result.

12th - 2018 - No season
11th - 2017: 1-9
10th - 2016: 1-9
9th - 2015: 0-10
8th - 2014: 3-8 (Playoffs)
7th - 2013: 0-10
6th - 2012: 1-9
5th - 2011: 2-8
4th - 2010: 1-9
3rd - 2009: 3-8 (Playoffs)
2nd - 2008: 4-8 (Playoffs)
1st - 2007: 7-5 (2nd Rd. Playoffs)
K - 2006: 7-5 (Playoffs)
Kentucky.com has a story about this, the report said the team had 13 players come out for a practice.

The Superintendent says that noon on Monday will determine their 2018 season.
Looks like the season has been canceled as per

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...65715.html
18 underclassmen on last years roster, plus any upcoming 8th graders, and they cant field a team.
plantmanky Wrote:Trimble County has canceled its High School 2018 Season do to low numbers.

I know nothing about them but I feel for them regardless. I really think the combination of so many things, culturally that has so many factors effecting our game negatively we'll just see this happening more often.
I hope they find a way to get back into varsity play in the next couple of years.