Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Catcher In The 14th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LCC_Cougar Wrote:Yea, and I'm pretty sure the topic at hand is, who is the best catcher in the 14th, not who isn't the best catcher! :flame:
I dont think he is the best....that is my opinion...it doesnt say anything about anyone stating something that they dont seem is right....sooooo....is that such a problem for you?
I've been gone a while ad looked through a few threads. This one caught my attention. There are a lot of good catchers in the 14th. Pelfrey has impressed. I've watched him a couple of times. Hogg has not impressed me. He does too much running while on defense and it wears him down towards the end of a ballgame. Runners an steal on him as well. Shuler is OK. But, again, you an steal on him. Timmy Baker, is probably the best. Good arm speed, hard to steal on, and an get things done offensevily. One catcher that I haven't seen mentioned is Brandon Smith from Knott. I was at the Broughton's Got Milk tournament at Johnson Central a few weeks ago. Knott played the opening game and the last game on Saturday. First game was against George Rogers Clark, I expected a blow out in 5, but GRC had to use their bat to get runs in. They only stole 3 times. Twice the 2 baseman was in a bad position and the other the runner got a good jump. Knott played Powell in the last game and Knott used a 8th grader as the catcher, why, I don't know. In the 5th they changed pitchers and put Smith back behind the plate. No run even attempted to steal. Smith gets a lot of respect on the field.

1. Baker
2. Smith
3. Pelfrey
4. Shuler
5. Hogg
baseball_dad Wrote:I've been gone a while ad looked through a few threads. This one caught my attention. There are a lot of good catchers in the 14th. Pelfrey has impressed. I've watched him a couple of times. Hogg has not impressed me. He does too much running while on defense and it wears him down towards the end of a ballgame. Runners an steal on him as well. Shuler is OK. But, again, you an steal on him. Timmy Baker, is probably the best. Good arm speed, hard to steal on, and an get things done offensevily. One catcher that I haven't seen mentioned is Brandon Smith from Knott. I was at the Broughton's Got Milk tournament at Johnson Central a few weeks ago. Knott played the opening game and the last game on Saturday. First game was against George Rogers Clark, I expected a blow out in 5, but GRC had to use their bat to get runs in. They only stole 3 times. Twice the 2 baseman was in a bad position and the other the runner got a good jump. Knott played Powell in the last game and Knott used a 8th grader as the catcher, why, I don't know. In the 5th they changed pitchers and put Smith back behind the plate. No run even attempted to steal. Smith gets a lot of respect on the field.

1. Baker
2. Smith
3. Pelfrey
4. Shuler
5. Hogg
No way smith is the 2nd best catcher, Pelfrey and Hogg is better imo but I only seen baker once and by that, hes the best.
Smith is pretty good.
I agree BW, Smith is good and not to take anything away from the kid but I just dont think hes better than Hogg or Pelfrey.
MVP2 Wrote:I agree BW, Smith is good and not to take anything away from the kid but I just dont think hes better than Hogg or Pelfrey.

All 5 are great catchers. And I will stand by my top 5.

The games that I have seen Hogg play he wore himself out running up the 1st baseline. It's smart to keep the ball from getting away if it gets by the 1B'man. I just wouldn't have my catcher to do it if there was only one runner on. 2, maybe, 1, no.

Pelfrey and Smith may be even.
Well, I was at the KCC and Cordia game tonight and ill tell ya this, Smith is deff the most help to there team in the 14th, KCC had so many errors at the catcher postison tonight,without smith its killin KCC.
MVP2 Wrote:Well, I was at the KCC and Cordia game tonight and ill tell ya this, Smith is deff the most help to there team in the 14th, KCC had so many errors at the catcher postison tonight,without smith its killin KCC.

Was it the freshman or the 8th grader behind the plate?
baseball_dad Wrote:Was it the freshman or the 8th grader behind the plate?

the 8th grader
Thanks for the info.:thumpsup:

Tough way for a rookie to come in.
Devon Pelfrey
Pages: 1 2