Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Slone,Stepp, & Hicks named 2nd team All state; Case & McCarty named HM All State.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.kentucky.com/275/story/43076.html

Austin Hill from Holmes wasn't 1st or 2nd team:confused: , but the rest looks pretty reasonable give or take a couple guys but anyway.

Local Players:
1st Team
Profitt-South Laurel,Vanhoose-Russell

2nd Team
Slone-Paintville,Hicks-Hazard,Stepp-JBS

Honerable Mention Team:
Case-Belfry,Crawford-Corbin,Daniel-Rowan,Fergason-Elliott,Hammonds-South Laurel,McCarty-JC,Smith-South Laurel,Smith-Harlan, & Whitaker-Bell County
Congrats to these guys.

uk96

I noticed that Clark Stepp got one vote from a coach for Mr. Basketball. I think that will provide for some interesting chatter...
uk96 Wrote:I noticed that Clark Stepp got one vote from a coach for Mr. Basketball. I think that will provide for some interesting chatter...

Those were votes for the 1st Team not for Mr. Basketball. That award is for Seniors only!!

uk96

J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Those were votes for the 1st Team not for Mr. Basketball. That award is for Seniors only!!

Thanks...I did not know that...I am always amazed at how much controversy Stepp causes in the local area. Some people on here dont even think that he is the best player on his team but is somehow voted 2nd team all state by the coaches. I guess the question is do coaches across the state just go by the stats that are presented to them or do they really think he is that good. You will hear some people on here say he will play D1 and some say he wont make it past Alice Lloyd. I just have not seen so much difference in opinions in a player in a long time.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Those were votes for the 1st Team not for Mr. Basketball. That award is for Seniors only!!

Well Hicks is a senior and had 6 votes. What does that mean? Is it for the first team or Mr. Basketball?
Moe Wrote:http://www.kentucky.com/275/story/43076.html

Austin Hill from Holmes wasn't 1st or 2nd team:confused: , but the rest looks pretty reasonable give or take a couple guys but anyway.

Local Players:
1st Team
Profitt-South Laurel,Vanhoose-Russell

2nd Team
Slone-Paintville,Hicks-Hazard,Stepp-JBS

Honerable Mention Team:
Case-Belfry,Crawford-Corbin,Daniel-Rowan,Fergason-Elliott,Hammonds-South Laurel,McCarty-JC,Smith-South Laurel,Smith-Harlan, & Whitaker-Bell County
In the Courier Journal Team, Tate Cox and Zach Gay got HM in the 14th region
congrats to all.
Congrats to all the mountain players who maed all-state and the HM. Thats a huge honor.
Survivor Wrote:Well Hicks is a senior and had 6 votes. What does that mean? Is it for the first team or Mr. Basketball?

Those are 1st Team All-State votes. The Kentucky Lion's Eye Foundation sends out the ballots for Mr. Basketball and they usually keep them unknown (number of votes). They usually just say "in a close vote" or something like that. All those numbers ment were how many ballots they were listed on as a first team member.
Suprised Slone made second team...Good for him. He's a hard working kid.