Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a new offensive coordinator? Tough schedule but should be much improved from 0 and 10 season. Basically whole team returning,no where to go but up.lol
Letcher Central will be a Wing T team this Fall. They brought in Paul Rains to help them install it.
Who will be running the football ? Terrible rushing stats the past two seasons!
No way but up. Rains will be a big help.
I hate to see the program in such a downward spiral. There have been a lot of good teams and players to come out of Letcher County in the past. Whitesburg and Fleming Neon always fielded good quality teams, that were hardnosed and well coached. Hopefully, things will start to get better this year. Good luck on the upcoming season.
I have fond memories of playing fleming-neon when their coach ran the side-saddle offense. It was a mess trying to defend that offense.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Letcher Central will be a Wing T team this Fall. They brought in Paul Rains to help them install it.

They should definitely be improved if Paul Rains is there.
Easy Wind Wrote:I have fond memories of playing fleming-neon when their coach ran the side-saddle offense. It was a mess trying to defend that offense.

That's a formation that you don't see every day for sure Smile
pjdoug Wrote:They should definitely be improved if Paul Rains is there.

Rains will not be there full time. He helped install the offense as a "consultant". Very similar to a Tony Franklin type deal.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Rains will not be there full time. He helped install the offense as a "consultant". Very similar to a Tony Franklin type deal.

I understood that. installing the offense is enough to show great improvement.
pjdoug Wrote:I understood that. installing the offense is enough to show great improvement.

True. If they stick with it and implement it in all levels (youth and middle school) then in the next couple years they will start seeing benefits.
Cant keep kids out, lost kids to transfer, bad system implemented, team strengths does not match offensive system ,defense is non existant. Letcher might win 2 games at best 0 worst case scenario. Coaching staff and program is a train wreck ! Best of luck !
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Cant keep kids out, lost kids to transfer, bad system implemented, team strengths does not match offensive system ,defense is non existant. Letcher might win 2 games at best 0 worst case scenario. Coaching staff and program is a train wreck ! Best of luck !

How many have transferred? Who ?

I would think Letcher should be better this year.
Is letcher scrimmaging anyone? If so when and where