Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The vast Bering sea.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else have the same unhealthy obsession with the deadliest catch. I TIVO every episode and I am setting here watching an episode as we speak.

I have a new found respect for the crab fisherman if I even think about ordering crab legs. It is the best reality show on TV right now in my opinion.
I watch dirty jobs does that count. lol I watch it every great now and then.
Batpuff Wrote:I watch dirty jobs does that count. lol I watch it every great now and then.

I've watched dirty jobs a couple of times but this show amazes me with the stuff they go through to make some money crab fishing. No way you would get me on one of those boats out to sea like that.
Oh I know the last time I watched it a crew member got hurt and had to leave the crew. The it was his first time out to sea.
The one I watched yesterday they lost a ship and 3 crew members to the Bering Sea.
Yea the sea tosses the ships around pretty good.
Now the Rollo is lost in a snowstorm without GPS trying to find a crab pot. Scary.
i love this show always catch it when it is on but usually its a rerun i have saw
The Aleutian Ballad just had to run all the way back to port to take a greenhorn back that freaked out and threatened to jump overboard because he was scared.
Midee1 Wrote:The Aleutian Ballad just had to run all the way back to port to take a greenhorn back that freaked out and threatened to jump overboard because he was scared.

Well after finishing the show the greenhorn made the right choice. A 60' rogue wave hit the ballad in the side and now it is on its side, crippled, in a nasty storm on the Bering sea.
Ive became very fond of this show, its very exciting yet scary to watch at the same time.
I'm waiting to see what happened to the Ballad and the crew. I think a new one comes on Tuesday.
What time Midee do you know?
-STATS- Wrote:What time Midee do you know?

The new episode comes on Tuesday night at 9:00 PM according to what I have TIVOed.

Reruns air weekdays at 10:00 AM.
My wife is absolutely obsessed with Mike Rowe.. she says, "He is so hot .. and he is funny.." Her words not mine..

I love the show and dirty jobs as well. Don't have the same feelings towards Mike as my wife. Nonetheless, I like Mike's narrating.
Hey Q, check out the mp3 thread you started, lol.
What station does this come on?
cards_athlete Wrote:What station does this come on?

Discovery Channel
In the new season they are in search of opilio or snow crab. The winds are blowing, The ice is piling up and the Bering sea is freezing. I am interested to see how the fishing turns out for them.

In King crab season the deckhands of the Northwestern each made $47.000 for about a months work.
It is crazy how dangerous it is to be on one of those boats. The men barely get any sleep. Sometimes they work for over 24 hours straight under those rough conditions only for their captain to decide that they can take a 2 hour nap, he regrets even giving them that, and they are back up on deck for another day or two risking their lives. They make awesome money but their lives are so much at risk. It really opened my eyes when I started watching it with my dad. They get injured so easily, I saw a guy take a huge hit to the head and wind up with a killer gash and many of them are killed at sea. Like Midee said, newfound respect for anything related to crabs.