Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville names coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville has hired Shane Simpkins
Great Hire! Great Coach! Pike County is done.
Got a good one bet Prestonsburg wish he was still there
Fantastic hire for Pikeville. I hate to see him leave JC. I have no doubt he is going to have Pikeville as a major contender every season. This definitely changes the outlook of 15th region baseball for the next several years.
Yes a great hire for sure. I sure wish he was still at Prestonsburg. I'm glad he picked up a good head coaching job. He deserves it
OffTheHook Wrote:Great Hire! Great Coach! Pike County is done.

When has Pike County not been done? Pikeville would own this County in baseball regardless of the hire
Will the Lakin boy be the #1 this year for Pikeville?
I heard there was a lot of really good candidates for this job
Great hire
Very well could be. He definitely has the arm talent to be #1 in the rotation. But I’m sure Simpson’s has a plan in place. Sometimes it’s not about the regular season but rather using the regular season to build up your rotation and save the arms for the playoff run. Wouldn’t be surprised a bit if he was #2 potentially.

Also hearing Pikeville might be having some people out for baseball this year that haven’t been out before. Might be a good thing for the depth. I like it because I always felt it was a little stagnant in some regards, but if he opens it up, and gets creative they have some tools to make a really deep run. At the end of the day, getting to state and doing well requires a pitching rotation of a minimum 3 solid starters and 2 dependable long relief people. The long relief can help manage the innings worked and make it easier to shake up based on the next team up. Can’t wait to see what he does because I know he definitely gets a lot out of his players.