Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A District 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a fresh start on this thread.
Please refrain from personal attacks and keep this about football.
1) Corbin
2) Casey
3)Bell
4/5) I honestly think you could flip a coin for it.
Hound05,

I think you are right on the money with your prediction. I believe one could even put Bell Co at #2 this year.
I see Bell County as #2 as well.
DarthVader Wrote:I see Bell County as #2 as well.

Same. Bell Co will be #2 this season then Casey Co but I see Casey probably winning in the 1st round on the road in the playoffs.
(1) Corbin
(2) Casey County
(3) Bell County
(4) McCreary County
(5) Jackson County

Bell County @ Casey County
Jackson County @ McCreary County

TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Bobcats in the top 2.
Corbin
Bel closes the gap but not enough
The rest
the only reason I put bell at 3rd is because of it being away for them, and that's a long trip that's hard on the legs. If it was anything like last years game, you'll need those legs for the shootout its gonna be.
Hound05 Wrote:the only reason I put bell at 3rd is because of it being away for them, and that's a long trip that's hard on the legs. If it was anything like last years game, you'll need those legs for the shootout its gonna be.

it won't be a shootout. Bell County will keep the clock running with a strong running game.
1. Corbin
2. Casey county
3. Bell county
4. Jackson County
5. McCreary Central

If the Casey/Bell game was at Bell I might put bell at 2. Bell is gonna have to prove they have closed the gap though. Nobody outside of Dudleyville is drinking the kool-aid without proof.
1. Bell
2. Corbin
3. Casey Co
4. McCreary
5. Jackson
don't see how anyone could put McCreary ahead of Jackson, especially since Jackson beat them last year and returns most of its team...but oh well, we'll see what happens Oct. 12
theJCHSGeneral Wrote:don't see how anyone could put McCreary ahead of Jackson, especially since Jackson beat them last year and returns most of its team...but oh well, we'll see what happens Oct. 12

How did they look in passing league the other night against each other?
from what I saw score was not kept officially, I'd say Jackson scored more TD's than McCreary did
theJCHSGeneral Wrote:from what I saw score was not kept officially, I'd say Jackson scored more TD's than McCreary did

I think it will be a very good game between the two.
7 on 7 play is not a good indicator of how a game will turn out when a team has the chance to run the ball. McCreary line did not come close to Jackson's in the lineman challenge at Clay Co
theJCHSGeneral Wrote:7 on 7 play is not a good indicator of how a game will turn out when a team has the chance to run the ball. McCreary line did not come close to Jackson's in the lineman challenge at Clay Co

100% true, if Jackson will line up and run the ball at people they could eventually be pretty good year in year out with the kids they have in that area.
I agree.....however, its been hard getting some of the bigger boys to play, hopefully a few more will come out when school starts back
Bobcat4years Wrote:1. Bell
2. Corbin
3. Casey Co
4. McCreary
5. Jackson

we Will beat Mcr bad Like last yr. Your prediction does not make sense.
theJCHSGeneral Wrote:I agree.....however, its been hard getting some of the bigger boys to play, hopefully a few more will come out when school starts back

parents wont let kids play For Dalton I wont disclose Reasons on Here . I hope our new principal Brian harris evaluates this Soon .
64SUR Wrote:(1) Corbin
(2) Casey County
(3) Bell County
(4) McCreary County
(5) Jackson County

Bell County @ Casey County
Jackson County @ McCreary County

TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho

Jackson by as Much as they want
Bobcat4years Wrote:1. Bell
2. Corbin
3. Casey Co
4. McCreary
5. Jackson

Hahahah. Funny.

I would LOVEEEEE to hear the reasoning behind this one...😏
Hound05 Wrote:1) Corbin
2) Casey
3)Bell
4/5) I honestly think you could flip a coin for it.

IMO tough for me to pick this, right now. But from what I'm seeing of Bell, it may be us (Casey) and Bell switched. I hate to say that. Possibly us getting Bell at home can give us a small advantage to counter the strides Bell has made in the weight room, and their talent. I know Bell has picked up a kid or 3, maybe more. Not sure how much of a jump in talent that is. I was told a lot of their bigger and better players from last season were young so I figure they made big strides in terms of weights. So, I don't know. We lost 2 great senior classes in a row, 2 of the best we've ever had. I'm optimistic about this season but I also feel it's a more uncertain than the past 2 years. From what I've seen of our schedule 4 regular season games I'm worried about, obviously Corbin and Bell are the 2 that make me not sleep that night previous. Corbin I will probably sleep a little better because the "no expectation of a win factor", lol. But now you get a taste of winning a little bit, the Bell game I may not sleep all week. As far as McCreary, they lost all that talent that I feel they squandred away. Even Corbin and Bell, being knowledgeable fans probably know that McCreary had some REAL talent last year, or the last 2 years. Undisciplined coaching and "optional practices"! I am a little league and middle school assistant and I swear I could have took McCreary to at least 2 more wins. Our head coach wouldn't have been in a single game that was a running clock with McCreary's kids, had he been able to coach them a couple of years and put real disciplined football in their minds. I hope Jackson beats them by 40. Jackson always have good solid fans and good nice people. Obviously I am tickled about realignment and Corbin in 4A while Bell will move over a District. Corbin should still be 100% in the mix and may be even better by playing tough 4A games night in and out, to go with their already tough out of district games they schedule.
Casey gets to show if they have turned the corner or just had a couple of good classes. I believe they have turned the corner. Coaching is much better than in years past.
smoke1015 Wrote:IMO tough for me to pick this, right now. But from what I'm seeing of Bell, it may be us (Casey) and Bell switched. I hate to say that. Possibly us getting Bell at home can give us a small advantage to counter the strides Bell has made in the weight room, and their talent. I know Bell has picked up a kid or 3, maybe more. Not sure how much of a jump in talent that is. I was told a lot of their bigger and better players from last season were young so I figure they made big strides in terms of weights. So, I don't know. We lost 2 great senior classes in a row, 2 of the best we've ever had. I'm optimistic about this season but I also feel it's a more uncertain than the past 2 years. From what I've seen of our schedule 4 regular season games I'm worried about, obviously Corbin and Bell are the 2 that make me not sleep that night previous. Corbin I will probably sleep a little better because the "no expectation of a win factor", lol. But now you get a taste of winning a little bit, the Bell game I may not sleep all week. As far as McCreary, they lost all that talent that I feel they squandred away. Even Corbin and Bell, being knowledgeable fans probably know that McCreary had some REAL talent last year, or the last 2 years. Undisciplined coaching and "optional practices"! I am a little league and middle school assistant and I swear I could have took McCreary to at least 2 more wins. Our head coach wouldn't have been in a single game that was a running clock with McCreary's kids, had he been able to coach them a couple of years and put real disciplined football in their minds. I hope Jackson beats them by 40. Jackson always have good solid fans and good nice people. Obviously I am tickled about realignment and Corbin in 4A while Bell will move over a District. Corbin should still be 100% in the mix and may be even better by playing tough 4A games night in and out, to go with their already tough out of district games they schedule.

it was funny to Hear about mccreary beating us Bad last yr and we beat them Bad .bad coaching at mcreary . I think we will Beat them bad this yr again.
theJCHSGeneral Wrote:Hound05,

I think you are right on the money with your prediction. I believe one could even put Bell Co at #2 this year.

u agree ? if we had a competent HC you would be confident we would Kill mccreary again . we have a Team that Should push Casey county and Bell co but won't because our Staff has never been What the Kids deserve . it is a Shame .no personal attack But Dalton should not Be the HC position coach fine but Not HC .
jchs football parent Wrote:it was funny to Hear about mccreary beating us Bad last yr and we beat them Bad .bad coaching at mcreary . I think we will Beat them bad this yr again.

Oh you guys should mop the field with them. Last year I won't lie I expected McCreary to beat you guys but I wasn't pulling for them.
theJCHSGeneral Wrote:7 on 7 play is not a good indicator of how a game will turn out when a team has the chance to run the ball. McCreary line did not come close to Jackson's in the lineman challenge at Clay Co

I have seen many good looking 7 on 7 teams win more passing tournaments in July than they do games in the regular season. It's fun but means nothing 99% of the time.