Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps 8 Pike Central 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
I got to attend this game. I got there at the bottom of the 1st inning. So, I'm not so sure of Phelps batted in the first inning, but 2nd, they did good, don't get me wrong, but ehh... Sure they got a 7-0 lead in the first, but if you're really good, you wont let the other team come and almost beat you. PC turned up the heat in the 3rd and started whooping Hornet tush. Just not enough time for PC to come back and get the Hornets.

However, I'm a good sport, so I say kudos to Phelps in their victory.
And also I say good job to PC for not giving up and staying in there til the last.

Best hitters of the night:

Phelps - Kiristin Stratton, C. Wolford, and possibly Taylor Keene.
PC - Haley Ratliff, Reagen Williams, Kristin Keene, Kenisha Webb

Best fielders of the night:

Phelps - C. Wolford again, Erica Blankenship, And the Centerfielder (sorry, didn't catch her name.
PC - Christa Damron, Haley Ratliff, Holly Harris, Abby Coleman

MY OPINION : PC will be the ones playing Belfry for the District title. I'm pretty positive.
No so much as whooping tush as Phelps making four errors in the inning. But as you said, a good team doesn't let a team get ahead 7-0. I mean not enough time? They score 5 in one inning and 1 the rest of the game. But it's nice to see that now you're just pretty positve, before there was not a chance. By the way, Phelps hitters were:
Taylor Keene 1-4
Kirstin Stratton 2-4
Erika Blankenship 1-4
Morgan Keene 2-4
Chasity Wolford 2-4
Jeana McGuire 2-4
15th.Region.Fan Wrote:I got to attend this game. I got there at the bottom of the 1st inning. So, I'm not so sure of Phelps batted in the first inning, but 2nd, they did good, don't get me wrong, but ehh... Sure they got a 7-0 lead in the first, but if you're really good, you wont let the other team come and almost beat you. PC turned up the heat in the 3rd and started whooping Hornet tush. Just not enough time for PC to come back and get the Hornets.

However, I'm a good sport, so I say kudos to Phelps in their victory.
And also I say good job to PC for not giving up and staying in there til the last.

Best hitters of the night:

Phelps - Kiristin Stratton, C. Wolford, and possibly Taylor Keene.
PC - Haley Ratliff, Reagen Williams, Kristin Keene, Kenisha Webb

Best fielders of the night:

Phelps - C. Wolford again, Erica Blankenship, And the Centerfielder (sorry, didn't catch her name.
PC - Christa Damron, Haley Ratliff, Holly Harris, Abby Coleman

MY OPINION : PC will be the ones playing Belfry for the District title. I'm pretty positive.

The center fielder for Phelps is Marissa Hensley!
I personally am a Central fan, I also thought that Central would be victorious. However, you make a good point as to letting a team score 7 in one inning. But they only scored 1 more in the rest of the game. Central scored 5 in one inning and 1 the rest of the game. Neither team played at their best potential, but it was an exciting game to watch. I would never "trash talk" either team. Especially Phelps. Coming from last year, MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. PC, since last year, another MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. These are the growing teams that will be tough to beat in years to come.
Thanks for the post. It was a good game and thanks for the compliment about the improvement. I expected Phelps to be better this year and also for them and PC to play some good games. I think they will continue to improve as they have no seniors on the team and start two freshmen four sophomores and three juniors. I personally think the district is wide open with three evenly matched teams. It will be interesting to watch it unfold.
Well. I didn't want you to think I was a mean person in any means at all. Like I said, I'm a Central fan, and you're obviously a Phelps fan =) So we could go on all day about how wonderful the teams we root for are, but it isn't going to mean an hill of beans to the other person. haha. I expect great things to come out from both teams.
In the end, it's all about the players. Play hard, have fun and be a good sport win or lose.
Didn't mean for that last post to be a backhanded remark at all 15th region fan. Just stating that as long as the players play hard and have fun and be good sports, that's what it's all about. After I posted, and read it again, I could see that I didn't make the statement as clear as what I intended.