Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard vs St. Xavier (State Tournament Semi-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
St. X is one of the top teams in the state. Maybe even the nation.
So Hazard will have their hands full. But with morris on the mound, Hazard has a chance.
There's not a bigger culture clash in the entire state than Hazard & St. Xavier.
Go Hazard!
Hazard will be making their third appearance in the state semis. Coach Meehan being part of all 3.

1980 - Beat Lou Trinity 3 - 2
1995 - Lost Lou PRP 5 - 7
Is everyone forgetting that it's just been 4 years ago since Johnson Central knocked off the #1 team in the state as well as one of the nation's better teams in the state tournament? And then forced eventual state champion St. X to a come from behind win in the very next game? Of course Hazard has a chance. Play the game!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Is everyone forgetting that it's just been 4 years ago since Johnson Central knocked off the #1 team in the state as well as one of the nation's better teams in the state tournament? And then forced eventual state champion St. X to a come from behind win in the very next game? Of course Hazard has a chance. Play the game!!
But but but the poor mountain boys!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:There's not a bigger culture clash in the entire state than Hazard & St. Xavier.

Would you care to explain this comment? This almost sounds like a slight directed towards our student athletes and our community!
the way Hazard is playing right now. they got a real good shot at bring home the state title. good luck Friday.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:There's not a bigger culture clash in the entire state than Hazard & St. Xavier.

BlueGold1 Wrote:Would you care to explain this comment? This almost sounds like a slight directed towards our student athletes and our community!

I'm from the mountains. Johnson County to be exact.... lifelong resident. So let's not act like I'm am 'outsider' talking about the poor people in the deep, dark hills.

Anybody that knows anything about St. X and Hazard will tell you the same thing as what I said. Hazard & St. Xavier are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I said the same thing when my Johnson Central team played St. X in the state tournament in 2014.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm from the mountains. Johnson County to be exact.... lifelong resident. So let's not act like I'm am 'outsider' talking about the poor people in the deep, dark hills.

Anybody that knows anything about St. X and Hazard will tell you the same thing as what I said. Hazard & St. Xavier are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I said the same thing when my Johnson Central team played St. X in the state tournament in 2014.

Not putting on an act. Realize you're from Johnson County and you are entitled to your opinions. Lifelong resident of Hazard here. It is a shame that some fellow mountain residents feel inferior to residents of other communities. Thought it was a slight and you confirmed it was a slight.
Over the last 5 or 6 years I would venture to say that Johnson Central has a winning record going up against the 11th, 6th, and 7th regions...Regardless of what anyone thinks, the boys from the mountains can play...AND THEY CAN WIN!!!

It could very well be a Hazard, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Corbin, Pikeville, Lawrence Co.,Boyd Co., or a Greenup Co. team in a state championship game every year.

The gap is not want many may want to think it is...It has been closed at a very rapid rate in the last 10 years or so. That's why I never want to see baseball classed and play for a diluted title..

Again, our boys can play with the St. X's or the PRP's of the world..I've been there and seen them not only compete , but watched them beat the socks off them too.
Bob Seger Wrote:Over the last 5 or 6 years I would venture to say that Johnson Central has a winning record going up against the 11th, 6th, and 7th regions...Regardless of what anyone thinks, the boys from the mountains can play...AND THEY CAN WIN!!!

It could very well be a Hazard, Johnson Central, Paintsville, Corbin, Pikeville, Lawrence Co.,Boyd Co., or a Greenup Co. team in a state championship game every year.

The gap is not want many may want to think it is...It has been closed at a very rapid rate in the last 10 years or so. That's why I never want to see baseball classed and play for a diluted title..

Again, our boys can play with the St. X's or the PRP's of the world..I've been there and seen them not only compete , but watched them beat the socks off them too.

My point exactly! Hey, let’s line up and compete. If it’s a three game series, we’re probably in trouble. But I think my team can compete and will compete and really that’s all you can ask for.
Bob Seger Wrote:Over the last 5 or 6 years I would venture to say that Johnson Central has a winning record going up against the 11th, 6th, and 7th regions...Regardless of what anyone thinks, the boys from the mountains can play...AND THEY CAN WIN!!!

I agree with every word of this.
Dont understand your frustration here. Hazard if factually from the mountains with a small number of students and St. X is from the city with probably 1500 students which are all male. It is a class of cultures. We are all from the mountains and are proud of it. Now go down and kick the city boys tails and bring a title to the mountains.

Didnt see anyone feeling inferior.

BlueGold1 Wrote:Not putting on an act. Realize you're from Johnson County and you are entitled to your opinions. Lifelong resident of Hazard here. It is a shame that some fellow mountain residents feel inferior to residents of other communities. Thought it was a slight and you confirmed it was a slight.
I’m glad they changed the format to two weekends. You feel a lot better by going being able to go down (win or lose) with your best pitcher on the mound in this type of a game. If Morris is on his game they can absolutely pull of the upset. Let’s go Hazard!
The comparison is $10k tuition versus a public education. Mountains or Western Ky its very hard to match up to program that can grant that education to good athletes.
On a scale of Appalachian state beating Michigan to the Toon Squad over the Monstars, where would Hazard beating St X rank in terms of upset?
Class of cultures yes. Doesn't mean one is superior to the other. Both cultures have their advantages and disadvantages. As for the game, if Morris is his regular self Hazard has an excellent shot. I'm a Bulldogs fan this weekend only lol.
BlueGold1 Wrote:Not putting on an act. Realize you're from Johnson County and you are entitled to your opinions. Lifelong resident of Hazard here. It is a shame that some fellow mountain residents feel inferior to residents of other communities. Thought it was a slight and you confirmed it was a slight.
I ain't better than nobody and nobody is better than me. I'm as good as anybody as are you. I love East Kentucky, Hazard and the whole state of Kentucky Smile

You got that right.
jetpilot Wrote:Class of cultures yes. Doesn't mean one is superior to the other. Both cultures have their advantages and disadvantages. As for the game, if Morris is his regular self Hazard has an excellent shot. I'm a Bulldogs fan this weekend only lol.
A one time deal, huh? lol
Go Dawgs!
jetpilot Wrote:Class of cultures yes. Doesn't mean one is superior to the other. Both cultures have their advantages and disadvantages. As for the game, if Morris is his regular self Hazard has an excellent shot. I'm a Bulldogs fan this weekend only lol.

*clash
will this game be in the radio.
0-0 after 3
0-0 after 5. Morris is pitching a gem as expected. If hazard can scratch a run or two across, they can win this game.
Easy Wind Wrote:0-0 after 5. Morris is pitching a gem as expected. If hazard can scratch a run or two across, they can win this game.

Go Bulldogs Go !