Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co. goes 2-2 in state tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought the Lady Tigers represented the 13th very well this weekend. I was especially impressed by the way they rebounded from the loss to Central Hardin by putting down a good Apollo team, then taking East Carter to the last pitch. An elite eight finish. With virtually everyone back with the exception of excellent catcher Lauren Smith, they should be heavy favorites to repeat next year in the 13th, and a preseason top-15 or so.
I agree. An excellent job of representing the 13th region. Any win over the champion of region 3 is a top notch win! I’d love to see photos or video of the play at the plate that would have tied the game against East Carter. One last comment, these girls are an outstanding group of young ladies off the field as well. Excellent students and citizens, they make Clay County proud every day, not just when they win softball games.
What happened on that play Walter? I was following on KHSAA, sort of assumed she tried to score on wild pitch. And what did you think of the Fouts girl from East Carter that is going to Alabama?
Smith tried to score on wild pitch, bang bang play at the plate, called out. I’ve heard that pictures/video show she was safe. Would have tied the game. Fouts is the real deal. She has something that can’t be taught, size. She is TALL and strong. Bama is getting a good one.
Great year for Clay County. Got past the Laurel County curse and showed well at the state tournament. Congrats!
There are several pictures that show Smith was safe and the tag wasn't even close. Clay did very well and everyone should be proud. I hope next year with the girls being seniors that the coaching staff plays a more difficult schedule. This will help them