Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 7 Greenup County 5 (State Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hazard advances to the final four.
Bulldogs pick up the big win. They'll take on St. X next.

Hazard nearly led this one from wire-to-wire with few exceptions. It took a couple runs in the seventh to win it after a big sixth inning from the Musketeers.
Now, a 1A public school in rural eastern ky has to play one of the biggest schools in the state, a private school, with their pick of players from one of the biggest cities in the nation.

Tell me again baseball and softball shouldn't be classed.
They have the all a so it kind of is already for Hazard and they were runner up. With the he tournament split in two weekends teams like them have a better opportunity it’s. At least theyll still have there best arm to throw, the real disadvantage would have been there 3 or 4s matching up.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now, a 1A public school in rural eastern ky has to play one of the biggest schools in the state, a private school, with their pick of players from one of the biggest cities in the nation.

It shouldn’t be classed.
LCbballfan Wrote:They have the all a so it kind of is already for Hazard and they were runner up. With the he tournament split in two weekends teams like them have a better opportunity it’s. At least theyll still have there best arm to throw, the real disadvantage would have been there 3 or 4s matching up.

Hazard will likely throw Morris against St. X. When he's on his game, he's basically unhittable and Hazard is as good as anyone. He threw 16 Ks against Corbin in the first round.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now, a 1A public school in rural eastern ky has to play one of the biggest schools in the state, a private school, with their pick of players from one of the biggest cities in the nation.

Never!! Never!! Never!!
LCbballfan Wrote:They have the all a so it kind of is already for Hazard and they were runner up. With the he tournament split in two weekends teams like them have a better opportunity it’s. At least theyll still have there best arm to throw, the real disadvantage would have been there 3 or 4s matching up.

Yeah, but it isn’t. The all A happens in the middle of the season. Hazard is much better right now than they were during the all a. The non contact sports should be split into three classes. Saint X has cut kids that would start for most teams in the all A tournament.
Firmly against classification. Transfers would still make the field uneven, so don’t destroy the sweet 16. Indiana ruined their high school basketball by classifying.

It shouldn’t be classed.

Like Pikeville in 2010, it is a bigger accomplishment to finish in the Final Four at state than win a watered down class State Title.

Enjoy this and beat them. Each team has 9 players and each will have their number 1 on the mound. Play ball.
Commanche Wrote:Like Pikeville in 2010, it is a bigger accomplishment to finish in the Final Four at state than win a watered down class State Title.

Enjoy this and beat them. Each team has 9 players and each will have their number 1 on the mound. Play ball.

Each football team has 11 players on the field........
I don’t think private schools should be able to compete unless they follow the same rules
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Each football team has 11 players on the field........

Since your intelligence is far greater than mine, how many football players play every minute both ways in high school? How many baseball players play every minute of offense/defense in high school? Football is a contact sport that requires numbers, baseball is not. Poor comparison buddy.
Commanche Wrote:Since your intelligence is far greater than mine, how many football players play every minute both ways in high school? How many baseball players play every minute of offense/defense in high school? Football is a contact sport that requires numbers, baseball is not. Poor comparison buddy.

Well, since I am far more intelligent than you (who am I to argue that), then I will give you a little homework assignment. Go back and look at all the championships in non-classed sports in the history of the KHSAA. See how many small schools won these titles, when they won them, and compare that to the large schools. If the system is great the way it is, and that the baseball diamond is different than football, then what's the reason so many larger schools are winning titles? :eyeroll:
Maybe some of them work harder?

I'm with you it should all be classed baseball, softball, tennis, football, basketball, etc. rural Kentucky can't keep up with the rest of the state all this would do is keep kids playing( and getting scholorships) who would normally quit. Kids that quit and leave don't deserve it anyways mommy and daddys have got to start telling little johnny no!!!